Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How long will you stick with POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jo van
Msg: 4
How long will you stick with POF?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
After a while, OP they don't let you leave, how long did you say you'd been here?
I wish I knew how long I will be stuck here, as I am currently digging a tunnel beneath my stove, and sprinkling the soil in the road as I go outside.
I an hoping that by the next new moon everything will be in place.
I have a blind forger working on documents.
And have dyed my tousers black using only boot polish,
so if it rains, I will at least, have dry legs.
Hang in there OP, we all have good days and bad,
the only thing you need is lots of patience.
It does sometimes work! (Or that may be an Urban Myth....)
 Taurus1959x
Msg: 13
How long will you stick with POF?
Posted: 11/17/2009 2:46:28 AM
Arent we all glad we havent buzzed OP
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2009 3:02:48 AM
I have been on POF for about 3.5/4 years, never had a single date. I hardly get viewed or messaged but I am not bothered. I am now in a relationship, and apart from the first 6 months, I have never really used this as a dating site. I use the forum most days, although I do not always post, I will continue to do so in the future.
 Bassbob47
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2009 3:11:30 AM
Not for long at this rate, and the forums are so long winded, analyse this analyse that blimey people?
 Loose_end
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2009 9:03:10 AM
Oh its not so bad here, i can usually find someone to have a chat with.

So i'll be here til the better end. Or until the time comes when i want to start dating chicks again and i find a willing victim. At which point, i dont tend to use these types of places (not that there's anything wrong with using them if you have a partner) Its just not for me
 SeekingTheOneOut
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 4:59:17 PM
You can check out of PoF but you can never leave. I'll stick with PoF until the bitter end. I hate giving on anything, even on what can sometimes feel like a lost cause.
 Jo van
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/19/2009 6:57:57 AM
Blimey!

Are you lot still here?

I've been on this site for 36 years now, and I feel sure I'm getting closer, and there's always the possibility that the lady of my dreams will join tomorrow.

It's cyberspace, anything's possible, I have learned that.
I have met some very lovely ladies, directly or indirectly through joining here, one was very nice, but she turned out to be a figment of my overactive imagination, but it was fun while it lasted.

I'll come back in three pages, see how you're doing.......
 Lorri55
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2009 11:45:29 AM
I have been here on and off for about four years now....how time flies!
I must admit I enjoy the forums and have seen some good posters come and go over the years. I hope you all enjoy your new lives away from the site , proof that perhaps it does work?
As for dating, I have had some good experiences and the odd not so good experience , however I remain full of optimism
Edinburgh also has a very active 'meet' arrangement going on , so all is well up here (apart from the weather)
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2010 12:24:22 PM
I can't imagine I will ever leave the Pof Forums unless it becomes fee paying (love the forums but not THAT much).

I don't even bother reading papers or watching the news cos almost certain anything topical will swiftly rear it's head in here and in a much more entertaining way.

Plus I get a good laugh at some of the messages sent to me and once in a blue moon I get a good chat with someone who can string more than one sentence together.

Never know, now that I have moved, I might even get round to agreeing to meeting someone haha
 new fisherman
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/4/2010 5:44:15 PM
when i find the right one
or until it does not get me any or very few
it seems to be working for now
i will stick with it
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 5:17:54 PM
A male friend of mine is actually leaving the site because HE is sick fed up of all the women wanting sex. He says none of them want to chat and do the 'get to know you' scenario even though he makes it totally clear on his profile that he is not interested in cheap one night flings.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How long will you stick with POF?