Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Best way to turn a guy down?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 raxarsr
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Best way to turn a guy down?Page 1 of 1    
i think its great that you reply.......though i do understand why lots of women dont.....maybe i'm old fashioned.......but i dont think a simple reply is too much to ask
Best way to turn a guy down?
Posted: 11/20/2009 12:40:37 AM
kudos for your polite sensibilities; you rock. but as others have said, no one who's reasonable is gonna blame you for not replying. i just hope you're not getting into round after round of email with any guys who want to argue or plead; that's a no-win circumstance, and your time down the toilet.
 Write Time
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2009 1:06:01 AM
I think your answer is perfect, and I really respect you for showing that common courtesy. I am *not* a fan of the "read, delete, ignore" approach that so many people favor -- that just isn't how I was raised.

I do believe, though, that the conversation is over once you've said "no thanks." You don't need to respond to anybody's protests or appeals.
 night501
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2009 1:06:45 AM
I would say your reply is great.
If they start bothering you after that then there is something wrong with them.
At no time are you obligated to reply to any message, but coming from a man"Thank you for the honest reply."

... I like your profile...let me know when you have a beverage so i can start my funny story.
 jj9499
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2009 1:51:31 AM
op, you're attractive, intelligent, and witty. These qualities will earn you countless unsolicited messages. You will be completely wasting your time sending a rejection message. For those guys who cannot handle rejection, no message (or lack thereof) will be good enough to soothe their ego. And those who can handle rejection won't care.
 Socalguy1962
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2009 2:04:40 AM
There's nothing wrong with that reply. It's much better than no reply at all.

Of course there's always some guys who won't take "no" for an answer, no matter how you reply.
 gavreel
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/20/2009 3:34:12 AM
I think its better to not say anything, they know your not interested you didn't reply. Messaging them with a sorry not interested, is kinda pouring salt in there wound. No way how nice to say it, it's still not what they want to hear. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather an indirect rejection, let me save face a little, then direct rejection. Writing" I don't think we'll click romantically, but your message made me smile. Best of luck." is nice though.
 kornbluth
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2009 4:07:42 AM

Don't reply. You just open yourself up to abusive emails from frustrated guys.

Agree with Cowboy. Do a thread-search, and you'll see that this is the trend. Or don't do it, and see how long you like being cussed out.
 gusgus2009
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/20/2009 4:23:46 AM
Well denise if thats the case then you should reply do they dont waste their time and im sure that will be the last time you will here from him.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Best way to turn a guy down?