Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Would you have a relationship outside your race?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Island home
Msg: 6
Would you have a relationship outside your race?Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Not out side the human race.
But if the offer looked good I would consider it.
 FemIngenue
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Would you have a relationship outside your race?
Posted: 11/21/2009 8:35:34 PM
Couldn't have put it better Poster Girl! (Msg2).

If you click, you click - skin colour/ethnicity doesn't come into it. Some values may differ but usually nothing major if the click's a strong one.

Two of my three children's partners are Peruvian and Chinese.
 greyingred
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2009 7:06:16 AM

have a rainbow family and it works fine except when summer comes, they get blacker and I have to sit in the shade and keep covered, really pisses me off

I sooo know what you mean. My eldest is part jamaican...sadly her father who looks white spent his formative years in UK trying to hide his heritage. The only picture I ever saw of his mother was from the back...you cannot hide a fro nor the delicious high round black bum......silly silly man.

I am not bothered about race after all I am mongrel including celt, spanish, Moor etc but culture is another matter.....I wouldn't date a traditional Indian if you paid me....well maybe I would if you paid enough.,but then I would do a runner....
 Steve1394
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 11:19:08 AM
Always wanted to date a Klingon but unfortunately First Contact doesn't occur until later in the future. Darn! Missed out again. In the current absence of Klingons, it would be lovely to meet a nice human being. (whatever the race or colour). Live long and prosper.
 Tah,
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/2/2010 6:40:59 PM
I fancy cylons, especialy the number 6 model, 3's are not to bad or the eight!
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/4/2010 12:02:36 AM
I've wondered much about that....I wonder if my wife comes to my family dinner and any resonance of 'Look Who's Coming to Dinner' and Sidney Pointier ever pervade her thinking....you know...a white alabaster skinned Scot dining amongst tortilla eating brown skinned barbarians who eat and talk 1000 mph and spraying bits of tortilla crumbs everywhere. I suspect race played a pivotal role in Desi and Lucy's break up. How about O.J. and Nicole Brown Simpson? Possibly. Because there's never been a fully documented case of a same race partnership who murdered their spouse.

But what's been scientifically proven is that there's a potential ***hole lurking in every race and nationality....and in a terrible twist of fate, you end up dating or worse...married to the only living ***hole of that particular race. Unlucky!

One way of finding out a potential ***hole is if you ran out of ***hole suspects and you're the only man (or woman) standing. Really, there is a practical solution to this situation. Racist people can date other racist people. Klansmen with Klanswomen. Simple as, no? Don't step out of the box, oh no! Its nice in that enclosure. Problems arise when insular close-minded people start dating closet broad-minded people with a bit of a brain. That's when they divorce. Grown apart. Irreconcilable differences.

Skin colour has never been an issue for me. The wife says the same (I asked since I read this post). But never mind, its a bit too late to be worrying about that now. What would kill me is if I am married to my own race...the medium cooked race...and I later discover that I don't get her humour...or she doesn't mine. If all she thinks about is looking good. If her world revolves around pesos and keeping up with the Escobars and the MacDonalds of this world. If her taste sucked really bad, like big-assed shoulder pads, big bouffy hairdos and crap. If all she ever watches on TV is Channels 7, 9 and 10. If she thinks Colbert is funnier than Jon Stewart. If she loses concentration watching subtitled movies from SBS. If she made love like a Scot. Like how do Scottish people make love? Aren't they a bit of a British variant...like still, motionless and quiet and stuff? I'd never ever know. And worse of all, if she wore the same old tatty underwear all our married life...lucky so far she hasn't. Don't know how long she can keep that up.
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/6/2010 6:22:36 AM
Err, just to add some random bits to the taboo and rather kinky topic of interracial love.

Some afternoon this weekend past I woke up to my wife caressing me, whispering 'stuff'.... like stuff people who are madly in love say to each other. Something along the lines of: You're beautiful my love....smiling in your sleep. What were you dreaming of? If truth be known, I was dreaming of our next car if all goes well...a bit of a wanky, yuppie, gangsta-rapper, sort of car. Whatever. A Q-car or 'sleeper' car in fact. A family sedan with four doors with a full-race worked engine. God-willing, a BMW M5. Perfect compromise. Can fit a baby seat at the back with the motor at the front whining and screaming like a banshee...yada yada yada. I wants it.

Anyhow, I woke up to my love's tender touch and smiling face. Is everything ok I asked? The woman I adore and love was feeling a bit romantic I gathered. Gentle tender kisses to my fairly battle-scarred rough face bordering on the ugly and the grotesque. She actually thinks I'm beautiful, 'nay she believes it. She goes on to tell me why she loves me so. Some bits made me blush under my brown skin...the pink unseen to the naked eye...and I thought I was made of hard veneer. Something about my dark brown eyes...deep, she said....my humongous nose, broken at the bridge...manly she reckons...my full and soft lips...I think she said sensual, but don't want to sound like I'm blowing my trumpet for too much. Too late.

How I sleep so quietly without a peep, my dark brown silky skin, the way I tap my fingers on the steering wheel when I'm in deep thought, how she thought I was always humorous even in strife...mentally tough apparently...always considerate and respectful of others --- well in real life anyway ---- and how I'm the best lover she's ever had --- I swear to Sweet Jesus I did not make that up---- and most of all that I have the biggest....

Heart. Ok, I made that last bit up. Writer's licence for effect. We both searched the world over. Trialled and errorred a fair bunch of jokers. Would it be the weirdest thing to have gone through all the trouble, all the wasted time, all the heartache and instantly fall out of love due to some weird ass skin pigmentation? Sure its just a preference. A bit like 'No Fat Chicks'. 'No Jungle Bunnies' sounds about the same. Imagine if people with that kind of preference were voted as the Minister for Public Transport . I suspect it'll herald the return of the divided bus. Blacks on one side. All the rest on the other. Oh and Mexicans on the roof. Silly huh?

Anyway, about the car. I mentioned my car of choice to a colleague. He tells me I don't look like to be the type to drive a 'bimmer'. The ****. What am I supposed to look like to be driving? A Volkswagen Beetle seeing that that is still in production in Mexico? A Seat Iberia? Should I just be on the back of a burro with a ****ing sombrero singing 'Canta y No Llores' all day long?

We're a funny lot aren't we? Anyway, my colleague is Asian, and drives what else, but a ****in' Honda (I checked that his car does not have wings, a big assed exhaust, stickers randomly stuck all over and little figurines glued on the dashboard with a 'Hello Kitty' hanging off the rear view mirror) Says he'll race me when I get my M5. Race...like we have all the options, all the time, all the luxury in the world to be preoccupied with such a dumb bum idea.
 greyingred
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2010 2:48:50 AM
^^^^^well hello stranger than fiction!!!!!!! and a redhead to boot.....oh so well done!!!!!!!!!

would I have a relationship outside of my race?...nope cos I am like totally and completely like not fit and healthy so I wouldn't even bother trying to catch him....trip em up at the start line, that's my motto
 greyingred
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2010 2:53:03 AM

If she made love like a Scot. Like how do Scottish people make love? Aren't they a bit of a British variant...like still, motionless and quiet and stuff?

only when shackled and gagged
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/22/2010 9:08:59 AM

^^^^^well hello stranger than fiction!!!!!!! and a redhead to boot.....oh so well done!!!!!!!!!

Haha, well hello back. Sorry I did not spot your welcome...was away working-holidaying out bush in the boondocks of Mount Tamborine and Canungra with no internet, mobile, television access. Shocking, no? Thanks for the compliment...yes reds and all that...me a very happy boy.

Regarding this topic...did you know the world's second most beautiful woman alive Christina Hendricks is married...married to a dark skinned boogeyman (Geoffrey Arend)? The world's no.1 most beautiful woman alive told me off for looking at the current edition of Men's Style Australia magazine, which I promptly put back on the shelf of Mag Nation in Elizabeth Street.... always thought the magazine sucked but bygod they have redeemed themselves with Hendricks on the cover. Damn that black corset dress in the feature not the cover, was tight...I meant nice.

Christina Hendricks...another redhead in an interracial relationship. Has the world gone mad like that silly series that I will never ever watch for as long as I am alive, Mad Men on SBS?

only when shackled and gagged

*cough* duct tape *cough*
 Tabris
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:49:04 AM
A relationship with a person of a different race for me could work easy, as long as I like their personality and humor. In a real relationship/friendship that's what really keeps it going. We've all had friends that look a bit different but we like them anyway right?
Hell, most people think ET's cool and he's not even from Earth!, or real lol.
 richbloke
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2010 1:14:21 PM
No, I wouldn't. Interracial relationships have a poor success rate and I'm more attracted to my own race anyway.
 Bren2912
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/27/2011 12:08:01 PM
I can't see a problem - if all the other features fell into place ........
 Lou6688
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2011 11:01:33 PM
Heck.. it adds more colours to your life, accepts differences and learn other cultures.
How can you easily justify a couple of a same race would be everlasting than that of a different race?

You live in Australia, you live in a multicultural land. Was there before you were born, it still is... and will always be.
 fatpizzaman
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2011 12:09:10 AM
Love see no colour.
 qldblue
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/25/2011 6:25:43 AM
Yes I would as I cannot seem to get a date within my race, oops I tell a lie as the last woman I did ask for a date gave her answer of yes we could have a date and when I asked when her reponse was the 12th,

I asked 12th of when and she said the 12 th of never.

Yes I know you are all saying that you saw the punchline coming.

Peppigonzalis
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/7/2011 2:26:54 PM
I have dated several people of various ethnicities. There has never been an issue regarding this. No unique challenges were faced with any of these. I benefited by learning limited amounts of various languages.

I am lucky to have had a diverse upbringing, experiencing a lot of various culture prior to my relationships; however other benefits one may experience could include increased cultural awareness, introduction of new styles of cooking/foods, different perspectives on life
 melty1
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2011 5:58:07 AM
I already did for 13 years.
 yanto
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2011 3:56:39 AM
I'm asian and my current partner's caucasian. Thing is, it was never really a race issue for him and he's never ever mentioned about our race difference. I think that what keeps us together is our ability to over look the small little differences and love each other as human beings. We both live in Melbourne.

I think it does matter in asian culture as asian families are more strict and judgemental but in Australia, people are more accepting.
 noeleena_
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/21/2011 5:55:36 AM
Hi,

For me it depends on the person concerned in N Z we have had mixed race.s for 150 years , & most would prefer thier own colour of cause yet over the years , i have many friends who are not of our race yet that would not stop me from accepting others ,

In fact i would have married some one who was of two mixed races that would not have stoped me then it was the distance that stoped that, ,

As to my self im from 3 mixed races so there you go . & proud of them as far as it goes .

scottish english & Prussian = slarvic . so we need to look at our selfs first. .

...noeleena...
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2011 8:45:14 PM
I almost exclusively date outside my race (ie, whitebread Anglo).
White women don't really do it for me.
 HappyRocker
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2011 7:07:35 AM
How about outside your species?
 Jewel_Of_Denial
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/24/2011 4:11:55 AM
maybe with a sheep or camel?
but generally i stick to the human race
 Dare to
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/31/2011 11:43:07 PM
I've always had to date outside my race, because i'm a mix and can't really say i have a race of my own. Mum is English, Dad is West Indian, i was born in New York and now i'm married to an Italian... I think the only people i would have completely disregarded as potential partners are the guys whose cultural beliefs put women in a subservient role.
 Austriaal
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/2/2011 2:30:44 AM
Agreed, the human race, well female race, is a race I'd date!
Plus girls from exotic cultures (especially Filipino/Latino girls) are SMOKING HOT.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Would you have a relationship outside your race?