Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Going alione      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 autogal
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Going alionePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I like to see plays and opera. Most of my friends do not so i go alone by myself. to me it does not look strange till yesterday when someone told me that it looks wierd for a woman to be by herself at theatre and opera
thought??/
 itechman63
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Going alione
Posted: 11/22/2009 10:44:51 AM
I love to go to the movies alone. I notice the looks but the experience of just me and my soda allowing me to immerse myself totally into the film is something I really enjoy. Plus going to things you enjoy alone opens up the opportunity for social adventures (or misadventures) that otherwise wouldn't be there.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Going alione
Posted: 11/22/2009 11:14:18 AM

to me it does not look strange till yesterday when someone told me that it looks wierd for a woman to be by herself at theatre and opera
thought??/
I think I would have said: "You thinking it looks weird is not my issue.. It's yours."

Have fun and up-their's and their antiquated thinking.

Ask the ticket master to sell you a ticket beside a patron that has already purchased a single seat.. maybe you'll discover yourself a kindred spirit that you can share another opera night with .. ..
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Going alione
Posted: 11/22/2009 8:38:59 PM

You won't find a guy this way,
"Patron" could be a Carmen or a Figaro.. No? Kindred Spirits come with or without dangly bits. .. ..

.. networking ..

'sides.. there's a good chance there'll be a metrosexual hanging around in there somewhere
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 5
Going alione
Posted: 11/22/2009 8:53:25 PM
I think to myself that people must assume I am the mysterious woman happening into town, escaping her loveless marriage by road-tripping to all the fine dining establishments across the country. Like Denny's.
 daynadaze
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Going alione
Posted: 11/22/2009 10:41:38 PM
Yeah, I've had so-called friends ask me how I could eat out alone, much less let people see a fatso like me eat in public. Fluck 'em, I like company to dine with sometimes but I am just find eating alone too. I do try to not eat when taking a whole table during times when lots of families are eating out, so that I waste a whole table, but other than that, I don't care what others think, personally I like eating alone, it's relaxing.
 RSwindol
Msg: 7
Going alione
Posted: 11/23/2009 2:56:28 AM
As long as you are enjoying yourself and not breaking the law, then why should you care about what others think?
 SAguy_06
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Going alione
Posted: 11/23/2009 6:34:11 AM
Thats why I take my inflatable friend with me everywhere I go...costs me twice as much, but at least people dont think I'm an Loner Loser.
 Casper66
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Going alione
Posted: 11/23/2009 2:31:04 PM
There is nothing wrong with going to a movie or play by yourself, I do it all the time, I love horror movies, but none of my friends do so I go myself. Besides who really knows you are alone if you're seated beside someone. Another poster had a great suggestion about asking to be sitted beside another single person at the play, at least you have something in common to talk about. Don't let people with outdated ideas ruin your experience, more and more people are single so go out and enjoy yourself.
 cookie22222
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Going alione
Posted: 11/24/2009 1:04:30 PM
I'm absolutely astonished that this would bother anyone. I've gone and done things by myself since I was a teenager - from movies to a bite to eat, to out to a club to see a favorite band. If I want to go somewhere - I go, even if there isn't anyone else interested in attending, or available.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Going alione