Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > two different body temps and sleeping      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daynadaze
Msg: 2
view profile
History
two different body temps and sleepingPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I didn't know it got muggy in Arizona, I thought it was dry heat like here in NM. Anyway, I doubt there is a good answer to this one, way too big a difference, I'd suggest different bedrooms for sleeping and open visiting rights. Nothing will ruin a good relationship like lack of sleep and resentments!
 big pacific
Msg: 5
view profile
History
two different body temps and sleeping
Posted: 11/23/2009 10:58:39 AM
my girlfriend and I are the same, we keep the room cold and she has 4 blankets to my 1. It seems to work great for us, maybe that will help?
 Revilors
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/23/2009 11:03:14 AM
Heated mattress pad...with dual controls.

Yellow stripe down the middle of the bed.
 carolann0308
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 11:53:09 AM

She compensates for the freezing room with PJ's, he wants her naked.

Sure everyone wants to be nakey until the smoke detector goes off and you find yourself standing in the street surrounded by neighbors wrapped in a sheet.
 Helen0426
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/23/2009 11:59:21 AM

Heated mattress pad...with dual controls.

Those things are fantastic! I'm the one who's usually too hot, and it is so great to be able to offer a freezing SO real warmth that, seemingly miraculously, doesn't make me sweatily miserable (and wide awake all night because of it).
 justcuzwhatever
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/23/2009 12:54:42 PM
I get it... I lived with a human furnace, ac on sub-zero for sleep, fans blowing, the whole nine yards. Our solution... one bottom sheet, two sets of toppers, sheet for him, sheet, blanket and comforter for me, easy enough to ditch them when naked snuggles wanted, but kept me from killing him or losing my toes to frostbite. ;-)
 Revilors
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/23/2009 1:29:32 PM
I change throughout the night.

On top of the covers at bedtime.

One leg out at 2 am

By morning....head to toe under.

Last SO was the opposite. Seamed like someone was always trying to poke something through fabric.

Can handle the 200 thread count...anything over that just hurts.
 Genuine_Gentleman_For_You
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/23/2009 3:57:40 PM
My ex used to say that I gave off a lot of heat. I've also had ex g/f's that said the same thing. And whenever their hands were cold they would just place them in mine to warm them up. And in the winter I keep the temperature in the house at maybe 64 or 65. And I'll sleep with only a light blanket. Even at work I sometimes have to turn on a desk fan, while my co-workers are wearing sweaters and complaining how cold it is. My normal body temp is closer to 99, which is slightly higher than the average 98.6, so maybe that's why. And I've been that way ever since I can remember.

(Does anybody need to keep warm? lol.)
 TooShadows
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 4:16:43 PM
Yeah,cuddling at night is nice,but it can lead to a lot of lost sleep if you each prefer different sleeping temps. My girlfriend and I are like that. Our bedroom is usually about 70;she sleeps in a nightshirt and pajama pants under a feather quilt,and I sleep under a flannel blanket in my shorts. I quite often have my arm around her as she cuddles with her head on my shoulder,but we're still under our separate blankets.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 4:50:51 PM
Buy and extra sheet, so you both sleep how is comfortable to you both.
 spunkybum52
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/23/2009 9:42:18 PM
If you don't want to get separate bedrooms, then compromise. Do it his way for one night, and your way another night, or weekly, etc. Give & take. I prefer separate bedrooms lol.
 Miss W
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/23/2009 9:54:01 PM
I recently read Julia Child's My Life in France. Towards the end of the book, she described their French vacation cottage. She and her husband Paul (the great love of her life with whom she had a long marriage) had separate rooms there because they both had sleep issues. She had a single bed in her room and he had a double in his for "cuddling". Hey, you can have a bit of variety by "visiting" each other.
 CaptainDad
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/24/2009 1:48:17 PM
This is so NOT a minor issue.

I've lost a relationship because of sleeping issues (the actual unconsiousness part).

Good luck
 Ependa
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/25/2009 7:40:44 AM
Yes. My bf and I got heated mattress pads (with dual controls). I sleep naked, he in boxers. We both have to have the room freezing. I can only turn the thermostat down to 65, so I sometimes open my bedroom window in addtion. However, I get cold , he doesn't. I put my side on 2 or 3 to cut the cold...he didn't even turn his side on. We both like to snuggle (well that's what he says anyway ;-) til we fall asleep and then we both like to be left the hell alone (unless wake-up booty calls are involved ;-). He ususally stays under the covers, I usually throw mine off except the sheet. It worked out the 5 years we were together. I initially got it the heated pad when I got rid of my waterbed...can't imagine not having one now.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > two different body temps and sleeping