Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Growing Old - Evolution OF Taste      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jo van
Msg: 8
Growing Old - Evolution OF TastePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)

I find myself listening to radio 4 comedy. Radio 2 Podcasts. Watching Newsnight and Question Time. Stopping for a Coffee and reading the Times (Not On Sunday yet)... I think about dieting, now and then. I like to read with the TV off.
Has anyone else ever had a more bland revelation than this?... Hitting 30 is depressing me.

If you think 30's depressing, wait 'til you get to 40, and 50!

i think you're right though, as you get older, stuff you thought was cool and interesting changes. I used to read a lot of science fiction when I was younger, (I still like it) but I also read stuff about the para-normal and supernatural , believing myself to be open minded etc. I now dismiss a lot of this stuff, based on experience, and information, and now prefer to look for the more difficult to understand scientific explanations for things.

Sadly not all of your tastes will change,
eg. I saw a lady who'd been a girlfriend in my 20's when she was gorgeous, and had lovely big eyes..... and that.
We chatted outside Boots, she said "I knew I should have married you!" (No, I hadn't asked!) but now she had 'evolved' into someone who looked like a very fat, Marty Feldman, with the hair and everything! So in that sense, my tastes haven't 'evolved' as much as she had...
 Bassbob47
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Growing Old - Evolution OF Taste
Posted: 11/24/2009 10:47:31 AM
I want to get another Harley Davidson?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Growing Old - Evolution OF Taste