Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Getting used to being single.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bassbob47
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Getting used to being single.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Its a question i have asked myself many times, as i have been single for nigh on 8 yrs now, and although it would be nice to find someone, the actual thought of it makes me feel a bit sick
 fireymare
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Getting used to being single.
Posted: 11/24/2009 10:48:50 AM
i never understood when people would say that after being single or living alone for a length of time made you more comfortable being single.....except that now i am single and living alone and i totally get it

id hate to think that id never meet anyone and id like to have a guy to share the fun times with....but i think i am becoming more and more apprehensive and always wondering why a guy wants to talk to me and im sure its got alot to do with getting used to being alone

just gotta wait for a guy to prove me wrong i guess!
 Jo van
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/24/2009 10:50:53 AM

So do you think the longer you stay single , the more likely you are to find it harder to get back in to being part of a relationship

yes, I think you're on to something here OP.,

I think if I were to be in a relationship, it would definitely get harder.
And if they turned out to be the "one for me" it would probably get even harder, and probably longer, as well as probably being longer and harder, for longer.
That's what I'm hoping.....

badge73
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2009 4:41:07 PM
maybe its me going wrong ... i mean i act and do things the same if im in a relationship or single. i walk round the flat naked after a bath, eat curry for breakfast and drink the same amount.

the question i ask myself is why should i change? i often get told by the bints around here to never change as it wouldnt be me ... yet when in a relationship why do they try and change me? i usually meet them in a pub with a few mates and its fine untill they wanna stop over 2 nights in a row and hiss when tell them im fecking off to pub to see so and so.

but when around there house im like a gent, dont moan ... so much or drunk and even use a plate.

but its not about being used to being single its finding the right partner to be with ... the rest, the council can take away on a friday morning!!
 tinkerbelle24
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2009 4:46:31 PM
I really don't mind being single at all ~ I'm happy with my own company!
Trouble is the time after you see somebody long term , and it doesnt work out...
you're suddenly ok with being single again but realise who the hell is there to go anywhere with?! ~friends are all married(ish) with families, daughter's left home and workmates are simply just that.I'm so bored of staying in!
I'm still wanting to have fun and go to modern places but have nobody to go with to meet new people.
Sooooo ~ how do you meet new girly mates? You can't message females on a dating site (without appearing gay!!!) ~ and before I get any daft answers... no I'm most certainly NOT!!! Still modern with my own teeth n bits'n bobs.
I don't really need a steady relationship... but it doesnt mean I don't like to get chatted to and go out and have a laugh to break up the workload.
HELP, I'M A SINGLETON GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Getting used to being single.