Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Cambridge/K-W/Guelph Coffee & POF Dance, Friday Dec 4th, 2009      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
Cambridge/K-W/Guelph Coffee & POF Dance, Friday Dec 4th, 2009Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)

All I Want for Christmas is You – Mariah Carey
I won't ask for much this Christmas
I don't even wish for snow
I'm just gonna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe
I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for Saint Nick
I won't even stay awake to
Hear those magic reindeers click
Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do
Baby all I want for Christmas is you

Christmas is just around the corner and December 4th will be the last POF dance for 2009. It’s time to get out and meet some great people before the New Year arrives?? Our first dance in 2010 will be on Friday January 1st and we’re going to make it a New Years dance, so save your hats and noise makers.

Your hosts BrownEyesSmiling and Ms Dreams would like you to join us for coffee and dancing on Friday December 4th. We’ll meet for coffee between 7:30 and 8:15 at the Tim Hortons at 685 Fischer-Hallman Road Kitchener, near Ottawa Street. The POF dance starts at 8:30, so we will head across the street to Trinity Hall, at 700 Fischer-Hallman Road.

For new people, the coffee meet and greet is a great way to put names to a few faces before the dance. If you've been out before, then here's your opportunity to help welcome the newbies.

If you haven’t been out to a PlentyOfFish event before, then make this your first. Be sure to introduce yourself and we will do our best to make you feel welcome.

If you're between the ages of 19 and 99, what are you waiting for?? Dress up or come casual, bring a friend or come alone!! Hit that sign up button and join us for an evening of fun. If you have any questions, just message one of your hosts…

Please print out the name tag provided in the link below to get the special POF cover charge of $5. Actually, any name tag will do, so make your own and be creative… See you there!!

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/partyimages/wqwy5m551g_109517.jpg

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

adis1975

browneyessmiling

curlyo

eska101

ezgoingman

greenjadetree

gregg44

Lady4499

mandawoub

mir61

NaNa Jo

nanningnow

naturalgirl61

rookieb73

sideshow14

spikenard

str8shootr

thepope3

twotrue2betrue

wanted 1

wolfe2640

21 people are attending
 NaNa Jo
Msg: 2
Cambridge/K-W/Guelph Coffee & POF Dance, Friday Dec 4th, 2009
Posted: 11/24/2009 6:38:35 PM
I'll be there with bells on...finally recouped from surgery and set back and i get to sit on santa's knee lmao
 Perfection_Flawed
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/26/2009 8:20:38 AM
immascared .. do we have cawfee at timmies and dance there if the mood strikes or does one wait to cross the street .. can someone hold my hand and cross me over to the other side ...

oh wait .. would that be the good side then? hehe
 hotdogbun
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/26/2009 10:30:36 AM
Hello All..

I passed by the Williams event in Cambridge last week... and boy was it dreadful. I was in mr car for a bit before entering cause I was chatting with a friend and I witnessed single young guys walk in then walk out. I actually approached one of them men and asked him if he was meeting a Williams for a singles a event.. He Chuckled, ya there 6 people in there all over 40. There was not one single 20-39 year old there.

I walked in there and witnessed the same thing. I was very disapointed. You really need to revamp your singles meetings. Can you guys change something, get more age groups attention, have better gathering activities. Something.

We all work hard and want a little fun when we go out. Remember some ppl attending are shy or are coming alone so since your the People in charge of holding the event work your magic and envolve them.

This msg is not pointed to your event... but rather to ALL the people who have the events. The Pool & Bowling was poorly done.

PS... If you have to charge us 10 bucks to enter... do what you have to do.

Thank You- and please dont spend hate mail, and rude remarkes back to me...we are not children.
 Jeopardy_Junkie
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2009 2:35:32 PM
@hotdogbun ... Our group met in Guelph last week....the one in Cambridge was not our event. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, I can guarantee you that there are all age groups at the dance and you will be welcomed. It is a friendly group. And also, POF does not allow us to charge a fee for these events so we have to do the best we can at venues that are free.

JJ

Posted: 11/26/2009 3:08:00 PM
Thanks for your response jj... The $5 cover charge is collected by Trinity Hall to cover their expenses. We have nothing to do with that.

To hotdogbun: The invitation goes out to all age groups so the best thing you can do is sign-up and encourage others in your age group to come out. That's what the sign-up process is for; to give others an idea of who is coming.

This dance is well attended and we do get all ages. The majority of people are in their 30's, 40's and 50's but everyone is welcome. We do our best....

To quote Bill Cosby: I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
 twotrue2betrue
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2009 5:26:18 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience hotdogbun, I do try to make everyone feel welcomed at the coffee nights as long as they come over and say hi.

Who was charging $10.00 to enter? Coffee night is free event and if you go to pool you have to pay for the use of the table and nobody from POF collects the money you pay the business that owns the pool tables.
Posted: 11/26/2009 5:38:48 PM
Hi CoolWhisper... We'll be in the corner between the two doors, by all the windows. Look for tables with some POF signs on them or look for Ms Dreams or myself. If you have a confused look on your face, we'll figure it out and come get you... either way, we'll make sure you are introduced to the group.

Twotrue, I believe the reference to the $10 charge was that if charging more meant we could offer more at the dance, to go for it. Since we aren't the ones incurring the expenses and setting the cover charge, it's not an option.
Posted: 11/27/2009 4:37:12 PM
Hi Pajw!! by all means bring friends along. The more the merrier!!

I forgot about the Christmas icons!! It's time to start using them again!!
 BehindTheseBrownEyes
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2009 6:54:56 AM
Hi Skycatcher-one... my advise to anyone who is hesitant is to make the commitment to come out for the coffee at Tim Hortons. There are always new people there and it's much easier to find us. We will be at tables between the two doors and Ms Dreams usually has a few POF signs on the tables.

You will meet a few people and have an opportunity to chat. From there you can decide if you want to continue on to the dance, knowing you've already know a few names and faces.

So, decide to make it for coffee with the possibility of going to the dance. When you get there please look for either myself or Ms Dreams and introduce yourself. We've all been where you are and the first meeting is the hardest. It will only get easier!!
 BehindTheseBrownEyes
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2009 8:21:10 AM
We'll do our best to watch for you but you'll have to give us some indication you're there!!

See you on Friday!!
 NaNa Jo
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/30/2009 12:50:36 PM
KEN: you shy lol....hope you can make it to the dance
 BehindTheseBrownEyes
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2009 4:02:40 PM
Sorry you can't make Linny... maybe next time!!

So far it looks like we are going to have a great turnout!!
 BehindTheseBrownEyes
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2009 5:13:10 PM
Well our next dance will be on January 1st, right after New Years eve!! Maybe partying 2 nights in a row isn't soooo bad!! We all have our limits but then there are exceptions!!

Hope to see you out again soon!!
 NaNa Jo
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/3/2009 6:02:02 AM
So you cant make it out Middle Aged Lady, and i agree with ya partying 2 nights in a row can be hard on you, i did that in October and yes getting to old for that but you only live once lol Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too
 BehindTheseBrownEyes
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2009 3:11:09 PM
We have 60 people signed up, which is fantastic.. There's still time and room for more, so if you haven't made the decision to come, please do.

One more sleep peeps!!
 1_found
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/4/2009 12:17:35 PM
Dear hotdogbun,

I truely agree... I remembered my first time almost back in 7 months ago, I was unable to find any girl to chat with on my age range, but there were couple of guys my age range for sure. After that, I started checking the list of people coming and if I see somebody interesting and within 22-32 I do message them and ask if they like to go together and if it doesn't happen, I do prefer to stay at home....lol
So, What you think ?? Would you like to go ??

regards,

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Cambridge/K-W/Guelph Coffee & POF Dance, Friday Dec 4th, 2009