Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Can you sound too confident??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bassbob47
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Can you sound too confident??Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I like confident strong women, although if theres too much chat i can find that a bit off putting
 jaqi
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Can you sound too confident??
Posted: 11/25/2009 12:30:24 PM
I have had the 'work related' excuses too and yes I am pretty confident and I do think it scares them off. It is usually the younger fellas that do it to me ... they're all very confident and they usually initiate the meet and then they chicken out. They sometimes come back and send me a message a few weeks or months on ~when they are feeling brave~ and try the whole thing again! I just tell them they should have taken the opportunity when it was offered and for some reason they get a little upset at that like it was my fault they chickened out?

Stay confident twinnk it is definately their problem.
 badge73
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2009 11:29:15 AM
me being me is wondering what the forum crowd would of said if it had been a man organising 3 dates??

as to confidence, that only matters in the real world not behind a keyboard playing cyber gods/goddesses with the profiles.
 Lorri55
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2009 2:59:54 PM
I think there is a big difference between 'confident' and 'in your face'...the former can be attractive , the latter definitely not in my opinion

'Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are a vexation to the soul '

OR

'Empty vessels make the most noise'.......
 badge73
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2009 8:26:36 AM

although there is no need for me to justify why I was arranging to meet 3 guys i would like to clarify that meeting guy no 1 was arranged for the thurs, he blew me out for work, so he said. Guy no 2 was for sunday, arranged after no 1 'had to work, said he'd call and explain and never did ....he also had to 'work' but did call at least. guy no 3 was for this thursday also arranged after sundays no show.. I was not intent on dating 3 guys at the same time ( ).In hindsight, I have come to the conclusion that as I had made the initial contact to all three, maybe that is the rub, also that I was willing to meet quite soon although that was at their suggestion...guys do like to believe they are the ones doing the 'chasing' and do not like what may be termed 'predatory women'. However, I have never sat back and waited for life to come to me, I prefer to go and grab it by the balls! (life I mean not the guys...that really would scare them off!)... so i will continue to make first contact, but maybe, using my femine whiles...(wtf are whiles anyway?! )i'll keep their interest !!

are you sure your not mixing confidence with desperation? i mean surely you must of told guy 3 about guys 2 and 1 not turning up? sometimes people think this one sounds a bit desperate and declines.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Can you sound too confident??