Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Im paranoid now      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ron5000
Msg: 4
Im paranoid nowPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
“Do all men think this way?” The absolute answer is NO!!! I know that one thing for sure.

There are some gay and Bi guys who have married and may well do such things. The large majority of both men and women are straight and can not even think of themselves in a same sex relationship of any sort.

Put your mind at ease, this is not real common.

Ron
 m14shooter
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Im paranoid now
Posted: 11/26/2009 4:36:17 PM
If you found someone you knew I hope you forwarded it to their spouse so they don't end up catching something. I know a woman that got aids from her s husband doing exactly what you are talking about. If you are a guy and suck****or take it in the crapper you are a homo, end of story.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Im paranoid now
Posted: 11/26/2009 7:26:39 PM
Obviously, the main thing YOU should learn from your experience, is YOU should not look at Craigslist stuff.
Next, there are stolen profiles and stolen pictures of people all over the internet, no doubt here as well. You can't count on the picture you see as being put there by the person in it.

Logic should suggest to you, that anyone who is hiding something from their spouse would not BOTH have a working brain, AND post their own picture on a public site like that. Chances are the person who's pix you saw don't know they are there.

Please do a thread search on the phrase "All guys". See how many times people have been bashed for asking if all men do anything. Save us the time of criticizing your post for that.

The good side of you're becoming paranoid COULD be that you become more cautious in what you take from anything you see online (or on tv, for that matter). You don't have to "be afraid...be very afraid," you DO need to become INFORMED. By the way, some of the above posters have their own ignorance to overcome. Too much talking and not enough reading and listening results in believing hackneyed, ancient, vile concepts such as "I'm being nice to my wife by not telling her I'm sleeping around."
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 14
Im paranoid now
Posted: 11/26/2009 9:01:16 PM

hat as long as its discreet and behind closed doors that it somehow doesnt make them gay or bi?

I think they're rationality is that they're not the STEREOTYPICAL gay guy, so they think they can rightfully call themselves "not gay". They may also think "I don't have ROMANTIC feelings about guys, I have romantic feelings about girls, so I'm not bi, either." Not rightfully put, but I think that'd be a common rationale to avoid labels.

I mean, having sex with the same sex is what makes it gay, right?

Well, for all practical purposes, yes, it makes IT gay. Technically, though, you could have sex with the same gender, but not be gay -- like losing a HUGE bet, being raped, or doing it to win loads of cash (something like Indecent Proposal; not hookering).

You're gay if you have sexual attraction to folks of ONLY the same sex, regardless of what you follow through on in action.
You're bi if you have sexual attraction to folks of BOTH genders, regardless of what you follow through on in action.

Do you as a straight man think its ok to have sex with another man and you still are straight?

No... if you're straight, having sex with another dude should gross you out to some degree. If you like it, you're NOT straight.

They list wanting a Blow and Go.

That's how a lot of straight guys are, too. :) However, they don't ask for that, because few women would be willing, and in the process, they'd turn a lot of decent women off! However, for guys who want to stay in the closet, I'm sure the "meet in the parking lot of Walmart" for some action would be the only viable option.
 Lobo_Corazon
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Im paranoid now
Posted: 11/26/2009 9:02:36 PM

Do all men think this way? That as long as its discreet and behind closed doors that it somehow doesnt make them gay or bi? Do alot of men have sex with men and think that its not gay behaviour? I mean, having sex with the same sex is what makes it gay, right? Would you have sex with an available man if you couldnt have access to a female? Is that a common practice for men?

Um... No!

OK, I suppose I can only really speak for myself, but goodness... No!

Penis goes where?!? Not for me thanks.

I don't imagine too many bi guys are terribly confused about it... Not if they are actively engaged in gay sex, at least.
 TheReason_
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Im paranoid now
Posted: 11/26/2009 9:33:49 PM
Kinda gives new meaning to the website peopleofwalmart.com

EvilLolli
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Im paranoid now
Posted: 11/26/2009 11:08:02 PM
Oh this is just too funny! Sorry OP but the percentage of guys engaging in the activity you are worried about is mighty small. There are many reasons these few men engage in such an activity(no, I am not naive-just pay attention to the world ALOT). They are "in the closet"(yes, even married men can be in the closet), they are in denial, they are just in it for the sexual gratification, what ever.

You seem to be wasting your paranoia on something relatively insignificant. If it really bothers you so much, invest in some "gay-dar"(maybe you can find one on Craigslist?) It is a vastly helpful item in detecting those men men that are super straight and not looking for the downlow or the bisexual side dish or the "gay for a lay" types. *sarcasm*
 Write Time
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Im paranoid now
Posted: 11/27/2009 1:12:46 AM
First of all, no. Not all men are like that. I have never felt an ounce of desire for another man, and my straight male friends all say the same. I take them at their word.

That said ... my gay friends have consistently told me that I'd be surprised at the number of married, supposedly straight guys that show up at gay bars or online looking for anonymous gay sex. And, of course, we've all seen evidence of this in the news, when high-profile figures have come out of the closet (or the bushes).

And there also some guys who consider themselves straight, but rationalize that their MWM behavior isn't gay so long as they're "giving," not "receiving." Go figure.

My guess is that there are a lot of either bi, gay or conflicted guys who try to hide behind a more traditional facade, but then exercise their urges in risky places. And they've way fewer inhibitions about advertising these urges -- hence, the ads you see.

But my experience is: Straight guys are straight, period. And no man is *ever* going to be a decent subsitute for a woman.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Im paranoid now