Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > A broken heart is really a broken expectation      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Elisabeth77303
Msg: 1
A broken heart is really a broken expectationPage 1 of 1    
I can only feel rejected when I am trying to take something. If we give freely we cannot be pushed away .It does not matter how others respond ,because the joy of giving is tthe reward itself.What I am expecting of another I am not giving to myself. Wholeness makes no demands. A broken heart means that we are on the losing end of a power struggle. When I feel dependant and needy I need to let go and trust. My Pain means I made a mistake All pain comes from attachement. Now I will be myself again .To be myself is to be a star .I am always in the perfect place to learn the lesson I most need to learn. Every Relationship has a purpose. I have no valued this one and I lost a person I really enjoyed .He gave and gave and I am sorry and I miss you.
Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdAMAbb3oUA
 cinsav
Msg: 2
A broken heart is really a broken expectation
Posted: 11/27/2009 10:59:16 PM
What?

Elisabeth77303
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/27/2009 11:12:54 PM
I am sorry I did not mean to confuse you. I am just trying to say forgive the people who seem to have broken our hearts inluding ourself, Do not use another to hold you back .Move on
 cinsav
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/27/2009 11:14:07 PM
Good advice!!

JP1111
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/28/2009 12:04:21 AM
The moment you expect something, you are setting yourself up for a disappointment so yes, you should just give because that is what makes you happy to do!

To be a star, you should focus ONLY on yourself and BE the God of your world as it will not matter what anybody else does since, they too are the Gods of their own world!

Your pain simply means you have learned something rather painful and you hopefully will learn from that pain and transform it into something for you to use later on in life.

You make me chuckle when you say “Every Relationship has a purpose” as people have been saying that for years now and, I have often asked “What was the purpose”?... let's just say I have learned to no longer ask that question, yikes.
 Worbug
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2009 12:32:09 AM
My head hurts ?

..............................................................................................

No really, it hurts
 redneck9895
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2009 1:33:57 AM
Look at it this way if you heart was broken its because he never had it to start with ,we all learn from the heart ackes and drama from on relationship to the next ...
A relation ship isnt some thing that can be given away it has to come with time and more time , i wrote a poem about this it goes like this

Time is
Too short for those who wait
Too long for those who grieve
But for those who grieve and wait
Love last a life time
 Ironica
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/28/2009 7:44:48 AM
People need each other. There is nothing wrong with that, and some expectations are reasonable.

Just sayin.....

~Ironica
 Shanadoah
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2009 7:55:59 AM
well stated and thank for the link....your of heart
 Elisabeth77303
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/28/2009 8:36:32 AM
I think we are the only ones that can break our hearts. Nobody can make us feel anything that we do no choose to feel. We feel brokenhearted because our loved one has not acted in the way we wished them to. They do not listeon to us, All holding on is Fantasy. When we are holding on we are living in the past. As we allow ourselves to let go of the ghosts of yesterday we allow ourselves to receive what life has for us now. Ler me explain what a star is. A star is a person who shines so brightly who gives their gifts fully. Choose to forgive choose not to let anything hold you back
 kpooks
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2009 10:29:16 AM
Interesting point of view, Elisabeth, and I totally agree with you! A broken heart is OUR reaction to something we gave...expecting something in return. If we give freely, including giving the other the freedom to be free of us, then our hearts shouldn't be broken at all. Missing them, yes. Longing for them, yes. But not broken.

Great perspective and great advice! Thanks!
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2009 12:44:51 PM
Loving without ego is rare.. it's commonly called "unconditional love".. Most can't accept or adhere to the concept.. some, like Op.. are at least aware of it.

............. ......................... ................... ............. ...........................................
 indefatigabilis
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/28/2009 1:13:43 PM
When I had a broken heart it was one thing and very simple. I was sad I couldn't be with her. What was broken was how my heart spent its time. It was used to loving her. If I couldn't be with her, then I was supposed to fix it so I could. Then when that was no good, due to the agreement that we would not see each other anymore, it took a while for my heart to get over the habit of feeling like hell without her. There was nothing more to it than that. I expect any loss of a loved one in any circumstance will break the heart like that. Heartbreak is grief. The thoughts I was having at the time were random anguish and not even grammatically correct. I had expected to lose her at some point. That expectation was met. It remained intact. I just wasn't expecting it to happen so soon. But I also did not expect any longer period of time. That was a hope, not an expectation. I had a dashed hope and a broken heart and nobody to buy presents for at Christmas. Talk about a bummer. It was worse than when you run out of beer because that last case you thought was full was the one you used to store your old hiking boots but you forgot.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > A broken heart is really a broken expectation