Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > "Butterflies" (morbid/short)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spagirl100
Msg: 1
"Butterflies" (morbid/short)Page 1 of 1    
“Butterflies”

Butterflies sprinkled the sky, the sun shining through their large, batting wings. An exotic medley of red, blue and violet bodies buzzing through the air around my head, occasionally landing between the long blades of grass and then bursting back into the sky. It was beautiful. A warm breeze brushed through my hair, lifting it up into torrents, and the earth felt soft and warm beneath my bare feet. It was a good feeling, it felt natural. Smiling, I looked down at my hands and rubbed off some of the blood which had now dried to an ugly burgundy tinge, suddenly I wished I had brought some water to wash it away, I did not like the tight feeling of it caked to my skin.

I felt a tickle on my shoulder and discovered a red and golden colored butterfly perched there, it's antennas probing the sleeve of my Tshirt as if it could smell the blood. I shrugged and brushed the little beast away. Suddenly, my limbs became heavy and a wave of nausea overcame me, so I decided to rest for a moment. I sat down, the soft grass cushioning my legs and backside, and I just stared at him.

He was contorted into such a splendid shape. One leg straight, the other bent backwards with his vertebra twisted slightly, his arms resting gently above his head. He just lay there... Eyes wide as if looking right at me, mouth gawking open frozen in his final scream... My stomach began to settle. His mid-section was a quaint little mess, like an open mouth with rope-like intestines spilling out over his side.

The sun was warm on my face, and I couldn’t help but think that the butterflies circling his body were so damn beautiful.
 Ricochet916
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Butterflies (morbid/short)
Posted: 7/9/2010 7:49:58 PM
..........Respect.
Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > "Butterflies" (morbid/short)