Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > New Year 2010 Enhancements      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MissElaineESJones
Msg: 1
New Year 2010 EnhancementsPage 1 of 1    
We normally have a thread for New Year's resolutions where we talk about what we want to give up. How about turning that around this year and talk about things we would like to add to our lives. Something completely positive. Nothing negative.

What things will you do that will enhance your quality of life?

What special activities have you wanted to do for a long time that you will do in 2010?

If you completely disregard any type of fear of failure, what will you do in 2010 to enhance the lives of others?
 TJ7
Msg: 2
New Year 2010 Enhancements
Posted: 12/8/2009 7:53:10 PM
New Year's resolutions - I NEVER make them..........but goals I do......

Resolution: A resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.

Goal: The result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.

So my goals for 2010 are:

~ to quit smoking, cold turkey
~ to lose 25 lbs
~ to continue my positive climb up life's ladder
~ to continue to bring more love into my life - whether it be with friends, family or an SO

I have a lot of determination, but to make a "firm resolution" in me is not possible - I'd rather have a goal to work towards then to just come out and say "I firmly resolve to....." and then possibly fail - I choose to set goals and work to achieve them.

At least in me........resolutions are meant to be broken; goals are not.

Good luck to all those who want to make a change in their life - whether mentally, physically or financially - set your goals and strive to achieve them!!!
 climbsagain
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/9/2009 3:55:22 AM
Success for my students, emotionally and academically.

Less hardship in the lives of my students.

Hope for my students that one day they will have more than they have now.

Compassion for children born into difficult situations.
 doink 1962
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/9/2009 7:25:15 AM
Enhancements ? I thought you meant like the kind "smillin Bob" gets from enzyte Sorry could not resist! I don't really do resolutions either, maybe I should! Mine is always every year to try and be a better person in this game of life, not always easy but I know I gotta keep working at it!
 MissElaineESJones
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/12/2009 7:21:56 PM
^^^LOL Yes, Smilin' Bob is certainly funny! I wonder if that actor will ever be able to star in anything else after being the Enzyte man.

My enhancements for 2010 would be doing new things. I don't quite know what those new things are going to be but I have started learning how to play pool. Would like to get hold of a pool table so I could practice at home.

Not going to go swimming with sharks or anything like that, but I just have a feeling that 2010 will be a year of new things. I'm really looking forward to this year after spending the past couple of years pretty much suppressed and living in limbo.

Perhaps another trip is going to happen. I was in Rome in March, 2009, and I can't think of anything nicer than to sit in an outdoor cafe in the Piazza Navona and people watch. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!
 e- mermaid
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:35:02 AM
To my Ohio and United States Friends this essay explains best what I will start doing this year.

One Light Bulb at a Time[b/]

A physics teacher in high school, once told the students that while one grasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't

slow a train very much, a billion of them would. With that thought in mind, read the following, obviously written by a good American ...Good idea .. .. . one light bulb at a time . .. . .

Check this out . I can verify this because I was in Lowes the other day for some reason and just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose attachments . They were all made in China . The next day I was in Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose attachments there. They were made in USA . Start looking ..

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else - even their job . So, after reading this email, I think this lady is on the right track . Let's get behind her!

My grandson likes Hershey's candy . I noticed, though, that it is marked made in Mexico now. I do not buy it any more.
My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico .... now I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels on everything ...

This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60 W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets . I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off-brand labeled, "Everyday Value . " I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats - they were the same except for the price ..

The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in
a company in Cleveland , Ohio ..

So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here ..

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets . ... . yep, you guessed it, Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada .. The Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA ! I did laundry yesterday
and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the price!

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying from overseas companies!

(We should have awakened a decade ago .. . .. . . . )

Let's get with the program . . . .. help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the U . S . A ..
 TJ7
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:07:32 PM
Well...................one 'goal' already begun - I smoked my last cigarette of the pack on Monday Jan 4 at 9:30 p.m., enjoyed it thoroughly and then quit cold turkey - no drugs, no patches, no big withdrawal symptoms, no headaches, no jitters.

The nicotine should be almost completely out of my body but of course, now it's fighting the habits - driving, after eating, boredom - and the fact that I enjoy smoking - but last weekend, the smell, taste and cost of it started getting to me so I decided it was time.

I'm a pretty determined and slightly (LOL) stubborn woman so I'm pretty sure that this will last. The last time I tried to quit I couldn't even get past one day - this is my third full day and still not really having a problem with not having them in my life.

Besides - I'm substituting the urge to smoke with exercise - walking, sit-ups, going up and down stairs - to get my mind off of the urge.

Next...............dropping 20-30 lbs - woohoooo!!!!!
 PlatinumFish
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:17:31 PM
TJ try substituting smoking with hours of sex and maybe you will kick the habit and drop 20-30 at the same time. If not at least you'll be smiling.
 whatacrok
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/7/2010 4:08:22 PM
TJ .... yes, take Platinum's advice ... that is how I quit ...

I feel the urge to start smoking and quit again!

Keep up the good work ... it was the HARDEST thing
I have ever done, but one of the best things I have ever done for myself.
 TJ7
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/7/2010 4:34:40 PM
Thanks kids...............it's not so difficult for me this time, thank goodness - and if I COULD replace the urges with sex, I would......................................

But.....

Although it's an awesome idea - LOL - not like I've got a candidate just sitting around waiting for me to have the urge guess I need to get busy
 climbsagain
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:39:07 PM
Joined the new LifeTime Fitness gym in Beechwood. Plan on spending a good deal of time there. Great pool to swim in, and everything else. Just keeping very active and not allowing myself time to feel down is the way I am ging this year. Active time works best for me. What better place to stay active than a great gym?
 TJ7
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:24:37 PM
Congrats Climbs...............since it's THAT time of year, did you get a good deal with Lifetime? When my family ran local fitness clubs, we always had awesome deals during January and February.
 climbsagain
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:44:21 PM
Congrats Climbs...............since it's THAT time of year, did you get a good deal with Lifetime? When my family ran local fitness clubs, we always had awesome deals during January and February.

Yes I did. Soon it will be me, my wet suit and the swimming pool!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 10:54:03 AM
So my goals for 2010 are:

~ to quit smoking, cold turkey
~ to lose 25 lbs
~ to continue my positive climb up life's ladder
~ to continue to bring more love into my life - whether it be with friends, family or an SO

Gee TJ I din't know you had so many issues to correct & vices... 25 lbs!!?? what will be left of you?
 TJ7
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/8/2010 11:21:13 AM
Hey Foxy...............what will be left? Muscle and hair - LOL - and hopefully boobs!!!
 surfergrlfly
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:19:46 PM
I hope to quit smoking, continue to lose weight, have more FUN and focus on being positive in 2010....I want to be the BEST I can be!!
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > New Year 2010 Enhancements