Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What do you really think of this site?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sassy_1974
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What do you really think of this site?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Hi, ive been here years on and off (how sad am i lol) but first time back in uk forums for ages.
I was in a relationship for over 18 months with a guy i met on here..we did the living together etc but it didnt work out. Another lesson in love learned so yes id say it was positive lol.
I havnt got the confidence to go to a meet..but there are some fab genuine people (men and women) on here and if nothing else..this forum often has me in hysterics :) x
 Loose_end
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What do you really think of this site?
Posted: 12/12/2009 5:46:43 AM
Not only is this site the best thing since the invention of sliced bread, it's better than the thing that sliced bread took the place of way back in the day.

Every time i log on, it's a veritable social whirl and i struggle to keep up with the jet-paced brilliance of every single moment.

And sometimes, chicks put up pics of themselves showing off their cleavage.

What more can this site possibly offer? The answer would have to be nothing.

It really is that good....
 newdawnnewday
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2009 6:33:49 AM
i think the experience on here is definately down to how you view things ,

i personally don't expect every man i walk past on the steet to be attracted to me, be sane, honest or want to fall in love with me for the rest of their lives and make me super happy, i have met some friendly nice people and some total knob jockeys.. it's no different in the real world.. the forums are good though !
 gsteve2710
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2009 8:13:42 AM
I guess this site is almost like everyday life.......you will have to plough through timewasters, people that don't seem to know what they want and also make friends on the way until you could possibly click with someone. Personally i like to be patient as i feel you should get to know someone before meeting, but i find some people don't agree with this. So in doing so i have had one meet so far and still in touch....i say is still worth the efforts though!
 badge73
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2009 9:15:37 AM
ive met a few of the forums and found the majority to be nice people, some even like my sense of homour and even get it but ive found that those who live by me aint interested in going to the meets/meeting. is it me? nah its just them being whatever. every sites the same, go through a purple patch then hit a rut.
 badge73
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2009 11:40:29 AM
you can tell how good the site is when people make more comebacks then gary glitter ... meant cliff richard .... oh hi les

if you think about this place it will do your head in ... just go with the flow and sing silly songs plus inbox a few asking for a shag is a great stress reliever. as when they reply saying yes, just say nah never meant it and was pissed up when i seen your profile. goes down a treat!!!
 NicolaSeven
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2009 6:11:27 PM

The site is superb.

I'll say. It's superb for what it is.

(1) Dating - It's free. Most users will get out of it what they put into it. I've had dates off chat lines..... no doubt I or anyone can find a date off POF...

(2) Forums - Most users dont read the rules and when they tick the YES box they havent usually read the rules a nd regulations and terms and conditions but when their thread or post is deleted, whether by moderators or users, they whinge not actually understanding that POF forums arent like most forums.... POF forums is a social archive...
 Lorri55
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 9:03:09 AM
Hi all

I like to pop in here and see what the chat is about. I don't treat it too seriously and I feel that some perhaps do, which can lead to the odd 'fall-out' , which is a shame.
I do agree that a few of the 'old faces' have disappeared, I hope due to meeting 'the one' . However it is always nice to see some new faces

Merry Christmas

Paros123
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2009 2:38:17 PM
I've been on this site about two years and have had zero dates and about four replies to emails. Still cant figure out why. However you live in hope and that's what this site probably provides most of. It whiles away the lonely hours and you never know.

However I'm not sure if its possible to meet your love here or on any dating site, I'm sure there are exceptions but generally speaking. I think the process is too “ mechanical” you tend to read profiles and, (that are all very similar) and filter them. In real life more often its opposites that attract, and its probably the opposites you filter out, when reading/judging the profiles. I know, I don't necessarily want somebody the same as me, I want someone to compliment me, If you know what I mean..

I think us single men live a lonelier life than women, women generally have more friends, shop together, talk together and talk (generally) about how they feel.

Men are macho that perhaps “gets in the way”

So I think this site provides hope and its just somewhere else to surf, with one eye on the TV and just maybe tonight or tomorrow or.........

I live the dream and hope to catch my love via a glance of eyes across the room
 Bassbob47
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 11:05:31 AM
Why do people say , make of this site what you will, etc, When its advertised as a DATING Site?
 scorpiomover
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 11:52:18 AM
It' OK. It's got a lot of people to meet. Also, if you are looking for a barney, then the forums are a good place to find an argument.
 Bassbob47
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 12:28:43 PM
its not a dating site? thats like turning up to a swimming pool, and saying well it says swimming pool, but ive only come here for a chat, sound like it should be,, People with plenty of bullshit
 Davenro
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2009 2:10:05 AM

Actually, the people here discuss more in depth subjects than I expected... I expected it to be more about UK dating in general, though I'm glad it's not geared that way. Some topics I would have expected at different sites, but as with most forums where people become comfortable and treat it as one of their "home" sites, anything goes.

It's a public forum and quite a busy one. One thing I have noticed which is different than most forums I become involved with is the way threads are dealt with. Most forum topics at other sites are "Locked" if they get out of control sometimes with a closing statement from a moderator. Seldom do they just get deleted, they are left to serve as a reminder. Only if they become personal or offensive in nature, flame war breaks out.. etc, are they deleted.

I am a Support member / Moderator at a busy website that develops a Portal software package for a popular forum software, it's a major add on for the forum. I also run and administrate my own website, so I understand the nature of how they work.

As for dating sites, this one is far more reasonable than some. One site was so infuriating in the way that it was administrated that I couldn't wait for my subscription to expire, no other site has had me foaming at the mouth with rage, the way it is run is disgusting.

In closing; This is a busy site and as with most busy sites, they need to be moderated. Be nice to the newcomers and ply the mods with sweets.. and

Oh, and Happy New Year to ya'll. Bring on the next decade, I expect to be here by 2020, if I make it.
 paul1957t
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 2:47:48 AM
its good been on some lovely dates , really nice way to go out for a walk's coffee
be patient it works ok i went on a date with a lovely lady when i was on a trip to London we went sight seeing the whole day we both enjoyed it chatting about things in general be yourself at all times Paul
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2010 6:11:37 AM
As a dating site.......................CRAP!

I joined POF along time ago, maybe 2005/006? Never been on a single date through POF, but the UK Forum can be good, although it was miles better about 2 years ago. I went to a meet about 2.5 years ago, thought it was rubbish, although I have heard that some particularly the Birmingham meets can be really good. Gave up messaging women on here about 2 years ago, sick of getting delete/ no reply.

Hardly start any threads but when I do, everyone has gone onto more than 1 page.
 Whitey5.10.74
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2010 11:21:37 AM

OI! whitey you ungrateful tyke!! I didn't hear you comlaining while you were trying to cop off with my daughter !
Arrh Fern you still on here, lol. Must admit you have a very good looking daughter, although I never tried to cop off with her, just bought her a drink because I'm a nice guy.

Maybe you should consider sticking your size 10's in at another meet instead of in your chops.
Can't be bothered, now in a relationship.

by the way - my daughter is taken now, but she did like you
Not suprised she is taken, good women like that don't usually stay single for long.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What do you really think of this site?