Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How do you handle Flakiness?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 c_deacon
Msg: 22
view profile
History
How do you handle Flakiness?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
You are my hero Frau!!!........ I wish more women would think the same way, and act on it as well!!

cd...........
 miamipammy1
Msg: 27
view profile
History
How do you handle Flakiness?
Posted: 12/12/2009 11:23:02 PM
If a guy is in to you hes not going to be flaky. Heres my motto: If you can't come, call. It shows respect. When a guy flakes on me I try to get them to tell me whats really going on, if they can't, they're out. No excuses, because once they get away with it, it tends to become a habit. My time is valuable.If they can't call, I call them and say ByeBye.
 Mr.Versatility
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/13/2009 7:39:50 AM
95% of women are flaky, and act in that manner.........

I don't tolerate it, and send them packing as soon as it starts...
 4408joseph
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2009 12:24:52 PM

To be in a serious relationship ?? not to well at all unless they happen to be one of those ones that in their work world(emt/teacher/etc) are a solid thinker. Then you just decide if the good out-weights the bad.

In the dating world??? Well in my experience the flakes are a lot like the drama queens and the ditz in which they are killer in the bedroom.

So at that point, put your emotions on the back burner deal with the flakiness and just bang them like an unlocked screen door in a windy summer storm
 Vannili
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2009 6:25:42 PM
I asked a someone what is a flaky ,he told it is like simpleton,it is a waste of time dealing with that kind of person,I don't think I would enjoy connecting with that kind of person ,there are a lots a people with a sound mind that are good on social skills.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2009 11:00:43 AM
Hooray for Frau Blucher ! ['neeiiigghh.]
There are sure a large number of people here in the forums who like to drop others for any number of reasons. You'd think they were all CEO's of big corporations, the way analyze, categorize, label and discard.
OP, as you yourself said, if you dropped everyone who slipped up one way or another, the only thing you'd have to show for it is a home-made award for Best People Discarder.
As for the definition of "flakiness," that could do with some fleshing out as well. Are we talking the occasional lapse of memory, or leaving one's umbrella somewhere? It comes in many degrees, AND it's hardly a well-discussed, scientific term.
In general, anyone who consistently annoys you, likely will not make for a good long term associate (unless you ENJOY being annoyed. Some people do). On the other hand, too much pickyness and impatience will destroy any relationship from the OTHER side as well.

There's only one recommendation I have for you based on your OP: DO NOT try to change them by "calling them on it." IF you have correctly identified this as a steady trait in them, all you will do by "calling them on it" is irritate them. You might as well just dump them straight up rather than do that. And yes, I AM writing as one who has been accused of flaky behavior in the past, and being "called on it" made me feel bad about myself, but in no way helped me to improve.
 cotter
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2010 7:52:37 PM
I use lots of Hand and Body Lotion.

A Baby Oil rubdown after my shower is also nice and greeted with great enthusiasm.

Sometimes I use a combination of the two ... body lotion and baby oil.

They now make "baby oil gel" which is really nice and I've also discovered a "creamy petroleum jelly" ... both are great for dry skin relief.
 arwen52
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2010 8:10:00 PM
I don't count on them to be other than they are. Like, if they are always late, I don't count on them to be ready on time. Get what I mean? If I need to be somewhere on time, I go myself and let them catch up with me there.

If you can handle the way they are, fine. If not - next!
 Thunderstruck29
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2010 6:29:22 AM
Just because people have certain hangups doesn't necissarily mean they are flaky.

I hate talking on a phone. I'm not shy.

The thing is, I spent the better part of a decade talking hours and hours on the phone with women who lied to me and cheated on me when we were in long term relationships.
That is what bothers me about talking on a phone- it brings back bad memories and resentment.

Some people wonder why I would rather text message, email or IM.
That's why.

Some people don't have computers at home and use them at work or at public libraries. They may not have the ability to IM or email on demand.
Please keep this in mind.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How do you handle Flakiness?