Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > CRUSH - do you control it? or does it control you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MRDARCY1978
Msg: 2
CRUSH - do you control it? or does it control you?Page 1 of 1    
I do control my feelings somewhat. Or maybe I hide them, hmmm, I guess it depends on the situation. But one thing that I do is make it clear that I like someone. If I am interested, they will know.

Jason
 quatrecinq
Msg: 3
CRUSH - do you control it? or does it control you?
Posted: 12/14/2009 4:47:14 PM
This girl just fell in love with me, and was exactly in this stage you are describing just a few days ago, I suppose. She can't control it, even if she wanted to. That's what she told me.

Myself on the other hand, I can control it. If it's a crush, I've learned to control that. Maybe it's cause I have a pretty strong mind and lots of discipline or maybe it's cause I've had my heart shattered to pieces to let myself feel that way again, even subconsciously.
True love to me though, is uncontrollable, even after it's ended.
 startle
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/14/2009 6:34:45 PM
i fall in love half the time when i meet someone new...it happens to me so easily i don't think that much about it..it just means the guy is cute and has a good personality...there are many, many guys who are a member of that crowd...no need to supress the feeling...it will subside on its own in time...
 barbee1970
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/15/2009 3:26:55 AM
I hate crushes. I can't control them. It usually ends up over some butthead who won't give me the time of day in return. Oh well!
 OneMoreNutt
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/15/2009 6:26:34 PM
I'm always crushing on a few different people. Some I've had for years. I like having my little crushes. Do I control them? Absolutely. Having a crush on the new UPS guy in his cute brown shorts makes me look forward to Wednesdays at work. LOL
 OneMoreNutt
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/16/2009 10:30:04 AM

At least you didn't say anything about his package.
 colt8301
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/16/2009 5:42:32 PM
I think if you have a crush and never make a move it's been controlled. Now say if you are around this "crush" for an amount of time it may be harder to control, but if your feelings are never expressed it's in your control, just painful.

For most of my life I was able to control it, I loved females from a far, i guess i like "unrequited love" . lol. there was 2 in particular that slipped through the cracks, it's too bad I'm a screw-up.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > CRUSH - do you control it? or does it control you?