Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > the one that got away.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mysteriosa
Msg: 3
view profile
History
the one that got away.Page 1 of 1    
Sorry to hear about this. It's a bit hard to comment on your story because something is missing: you gave her this fateful message but you didn't say how she'd reacted previously when you told her how you felt. How she behaved after that would have given you a clue as to how she felt about you. If she was fine until the episode where she was upset over stresses, then she was OK about the way you felt. If she was weird after you told her your feelings and then finally stopped seeing you when you made the comment, then I think it went downhill once she realised you were more involved than she was.

I have to say that if I'd been upset about something, I'd have found your comment upsetting too. It sounds unsympathetic, like you are saying 'stop making a fuss and spend time with me instead'. I know that's how men talk to each other, sort of ribbing to lighten the atmosphere when embarassed about a situation, but to a woman you would be telling her to ignore the way she felt. That's not going to happen.

Whatever happened here, she's not interested and if she's blocking you she's angry, upset or feels harassed. I wouldn't advise pursuing this any further with her, even though the temptation to make amends might be strong. If you're still interested, leave a door open; if she still cares, she'll get in touch again at some point.
 parry10
Msg: 4
view profile
History
the one that got away.
Posted: 12/15/2009 3:46:57 PM
Quote from OP:

"she has changed her phone # blocked me from emails i've gone as far as talking to her friends just to try to get through but no go"

umm, did everyone miss this part? ......changed her phone number? blocked from e-mails?

her friends are hiding her?.....

Man, would I love to hear the WHOLE story on this one.......police reports also (if any)

I mean from what I've read, those two were not an item at all and this guy won't leave her alone.....
 Ron429
Msg: 6
view profile
History
the one that got away.
Posted: 12/16/2009 11:40:54 AM
They all get away at some point. Run like hell and no contact whatsoever. You'll forget she ever existed in another month.
 cfb62
Msg: 8
view profile
History
the one that got away.
Posted: 12/16/2009 1:26:20 PM
You need to move on.
She's made it clear she's not interested.
Respect that.
 dsXero
Msg: 9
the one that got away.
Posted: 12/16/2009 1:28:29 PM
You shouldn't regret what you said, because i would have done the same thing ( i expect her to find it humorous because i would already know how close we are ). Anyway, dont dread over it because, it isn't your fault. I think she's the one with the problem because it sounds like she got alot of things going on that you might not even know of tbh. If she reacted to this, she isnt what your looking for and you guys arent that close imo , either that or she just did that in general because she has alot of personal problems like i mentioned.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > the one that got away.