Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > any pet peeves?-vocabulary/dates/mates/products?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 2
view profile
History
any pet peeves?-vocabulary/dates/mates/products?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Misused verbiage. If someone is going to use an obscure word, ensure that it's the correct one to use.

Taking food from my plate. I'm all for sharing, but there is a proper etiquette to this and spearing my scallops with your fork is not it!

Complimenting me by means of insulting someone else. Don't compare me to anyone else, especially if you are going to insult the other person or worse, me.
 Fred Astaire24
Msg: 3
view profile
History
any pet peeves?-vocabulary/dates/mates/products?
Posted: 12/18/2009 8:03:50 AM
My biggest pet peeve is people who use bad grammar and spelling. Even your message has errors. I may not be perfect but at least I edit my messages before I send them. People who don't use the proper 'their', 'they're' or 'there' are very annoying. Then there are people who confuse 'our' with 'are' and the 'two', 'to' and 'too' confusion. There are more but I hope you understand. Most computers have a spell check and a grammar check that are easy to use.
When I am talking to people it peeves me when they claim to know everything yet know very little about the subject matter. Remember the saying, 'the louder they talk, the more they are wrong'. Too often this is true.
Another pet peeve is facial tissue (such as Kleenex) that doesn't come out of the box! The first several tissues are crammed in so tight, they get stuck. Then the tissues on the bottom of the box fall in and you have to dig for them. This is similar to napkins in many stores where the napkins are crammed into the holders like sardines :)
Okay, my time on the soap box is over.
 Firmbear8
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/18/2009 5:53:04 PM
Hey you forgot to ad me to your list there leaanne ! Now I am pissed !LOL
Everybody has me on their list !

How about them christmas ads telling you about those sweet must have things at christmas and then you see the only with your visa super credit card !LOL
Or them car ad's and they say only x xxxdollars !
Which I guess we all must have tons of cash in our pockets

I got tons of pet peeves !LOL
Mccain products are not editable why do they sell them in food stores??
Women who take 4 hour showers and still have not washed their hair yet !
G-String Panties left in my laundry hamper and their not mine !
Females who use my razor and don't clean it !
Anyone who steals my bailieys and says it wasn't me in their balieys breath !
And of course theres them single sexy ladies on pof who are looking for a sweet guy like me but the Toads won't email me & won't even read email from me !

JP1111
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/5/2010 2:26:31 PM
PC lingo is near the top of my list. I know it's simply easier to wrote words like “boyfriend” as “bf” or “because” as “bc” but gee... Aside from that, the most annoying pet peeve for me has to be people who seem to think that “a lot” is spelled as ONE word “alot”.
 Bestknight
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/8/2010 12:34:34 PM
-IMpatience
-Crocs
-hoodies (aka Punk-wear for teens)
-lawyers
-kanye west (d-bag)
-another vampire movie? yawn.....zzzzzzzzzzz
-being a few inches shorter in height than your SHALLOW fantasy ideal soul mate
-Having our whimpy politicians bow down to any and all other countries laws/traditions If you don't like our rules here in Canada then f-in LEAVE !!!!!
And last bot NOT least stop putting pictures of your/any children on your pof profile !!!!!!

Okay I feel better now.....No more complaining from me Everyone have a positive 2010.
 MJ Preston
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2010 4:27:56 PM
heavy perfume wearers.
people who talk about themselves incessantly.
hurtful sarcasm.
bigotry.
meanness.

Lint Spotter
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2010 6:12:06 PM

one of my biggest pet peeves is when people say "o" instead of zero. it drives me crazy.... how can "o" be in your phone number!!!!!!!! it's a letter...
Must drive you nuts living in the nine-oh-five area code...
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/22/2010 8:14:02 AM
People who stand in the middle of a grocery isle with their cart blocking the way, talking to someone else.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2010 3:02:56 AM
Today's picks...

Women that get fake nails put on and then everything they do looks awkward. Seriously, if you can't type a memo without getting a cramp in your fingers, there's something wrong.

People that live in Northern Ontario and spend the winter complaining about how cold it is... duh... this is Northern Ontario!!!

Well... and yes, I see the irony in this... people that complain about everything. K... in my defence, this is a peeve thread I'm doing it in...
 coyotefeller
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/16/2011 3:44:53 PM
People here who use the words "deal-breaker"
and "red flag" !
 Moonchild51
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2011 9:11:01 AM
lol@Ontario...I mostly just don't even respond. If that is all they can get from my profile, that is if they read it, they don't deserve any effort from me cuz they didn't expend it from their end.
 photopilot1
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2011 3:19:01 PM
Go ahead and laugh ladies, but many first contacts from you ladies are also one or two word emails.
Heck, one lady only sent "coffee?" and that was it. Now sorry, but if you've read my profile and wish to communicate, a gramatically correct full sentence might get more attention.
 LifeBegins1
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2011 2:22:59 AM
People who smoke dope and say they don't do drugs. Hello if your gonna get arrested for smoking dope you are doing illegal drugs.
 Rain.
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/29/2011 8:16:17 PM
why dont you tell folks how you truly feel Arrby ?
 JP1111
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/29/2011 8:46:51 PM
I have an issue with people who write with common mistakes like writing “alot”. Hello, those are TWO words and it's spelled “a lot”.
 hearsweetwhispers
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/1/2012 5:49:47 PM
Lookes like there are a lot of peeved out folks here dam now I'm pissed thanks

Happy New Year! E HE HE HE
 Rain.
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/2/2012 4:24:04 PM
^^^ they are confirming WHY they are single and on this site ....i cant imagine the amount of people a thread like this would turn away....
 paulmag
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/4/2012 5:31:09 PM
I would then assume that if your sitting across the table from a person having a conversation, that you would stop them in mid sentence and ask them can they spell any of the words that just came out of their mouth.....Some of the greatest authors in the world couldnt spell worth a crap..but boy, could they hold a great conversation...and sell millions of books..You need to lighten up..
 Rain.
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/5/2012 3:10:27 PM
YaY paul.....good shit dude....thats what i was thinking....

P-s = POT is NOT a DRUG i dont care what the law says aboot it ...its only illegal cause the United states of IGNORANCE says it is ...at least it has medical properties ...and really...isnt alcohol a drug ? causes more deaths then weed ever will
 LifeBegins1
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2012 2:20:09 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
see what I mean lol..
My pet peeve did not mention alcohol at all or what any one "conciders or not conciders" a drug. My pet peeve was people that smoke dope and say on their profile "no" to the drugs question. The reality of it is they should say "Yes" or put "Recreational"
That would allow someone like me,to know right away, to skip over their profile, because they are into something that I am not, for what ever they believe in. Plain and Simple. Its really "Black and White".
Not here to debate what "you" consider or care about what the "Law States". It is what it is.
That is "my" Pet Peeve, but thank you so much Rain for proving my Pet Peeve is a valid one lol.
 Rain.
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/10/2012 12:06:06 PM
lol@valid , and just cause i believe something isnt so it dont make me guilty of doing it or partaking in it ...thanks for using your gavel to judge what you clearly have no proof of...maybe that should be my pet peeve ....folks that judge others based on what they believe . Yes i do see what you mean...you law bidding citizen you ....still not impressed but again...this is a whiners thread so please do continue ...dont let my opinions stop you
 LifeBegins1
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2012 2:18:29 AM
lol @ Rain.
Oh my Godness I was just accused of being a "law abiding citizen" lol...Thankyou my friend! I take that as a compliment.
 Rain.
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/12/2012 2:57:10 PM
oh no!!! i spelled something wrong.....im being ganged up on by the geriatric westside crips...so it appears spelling is where its at. between you both....you have over a hundred yrs of dusty experience ...congrads. you win a few yrs supply of depends.....thankfully when i post in here , i do so without the use of a gavel. I understand folks and rather then post in a * lets **** together * thread , i just simply know what is good and what isnt good for me ...i sure dont need to post it in a thread dedicated to whining to know whats good for me ....though it does tell you a lot by reading it...lol venting angry single folks......seriously....this might be one reason =] anyways you 2...i look forward to your next run at me...until then...keep your stick on the ice and keep on top of your depends changing times
 LifeBegins1
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2012 5:22:50 PM
lol oh "Who" oops I mean "Rain". I said nothing about your spelling and I do not wear depends chuckle. Not that old yet. I am not ganging up on you at all. Just stating my Pet Peeve which is what the topic is.
You still make me chuckle just like you did 6 years ago. Your looking just as good looking as you were then too, I might add, and every bit as sarcastic too.
 Rain.
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:50:52 PM
=] in most cases i get reported by now and glad i can help you smile/laff thats important to me.... =]
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > any pet peeves?-vocabulary/dates/mates/products?