Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Now that I'm old do I have to start tucking in my shirts????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheReason_
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Now that I'm old do I have to start tucking in my shirts????Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I don't get it, every older guy I see tucks in their shirt. I mean if I'm wearing a suit, fine, but day to day??????

WTH!

Is there some sort of code, rulebook, bylaws or something I didn't get when I got my "old guy card"?

breath~
Msg: 2
Now that I'm old do I have to start tucking in my shirts????
Posted: 12/19/2009 8:29:10 AM
You're only 40 years old!
You think you got an "old guy card" for that milestone?
Sorry, you've got a way to go.
In the meanwhile, I always say wear whatever the heck you want to wear!
No matter your age.

(can you believe PoF actually said all that ^ was "too short to be posted"? Gheeze guys, ease off on me!)
 bernta
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/19/2009 8:29:50 AM
You are competing with younger guys looking for cougars. Pays to advertise!!

AARP will be sending your book soon!!
 rosebuds57
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/19/2009 8:31:58 AM
If you start tucking your T-shirt into your sweat pants or pajama bottoms....then you know you're really old.
 storm_rider26
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/19/2009 8:44:22 AM
old... hell I am 48, I am not old... you are only as old as you feel...that said, to answer the question... dress like you want, but as my opion goes.... most women want a man that is neat.... and wearing your shirt out, unless a t.... and even then, my opinon.. should be in, because wearing it out, isn't neat.. but yes, there are women that do not care.. but you are limiting your size of the school of fish you are seeking from... R
 StuVaBch
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/19/2009 8:46:00 AM
I'm wondering at what age you start wearing the black socks with shorts and sandals...
 indefatigabilis
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/19/2009 8:46:32 AM
The reason why we make sure to tuck our shirts in is because the habit lets us be sure we remembered to put our pants on. You laugh now, ha ha, and well you should, but soon enough will come that fateful day when your arrival at work or the mall is met with derisive laughter. Then, you will start tucking in your shirt forever after.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/19/2009 8:56:05 AM

I don't get it, every older guy I see tucks in their shirt. I mean if I'm wearing a suit, fine, but day to day??????

If you want to wear your long top outside of your slacks just wear a cinch belt like I do.. At least this way we see you do indeed have a waistline..

thecatsmeoww
 Malley
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/19/2009 8:57:54 AM
Why is it I've added suspenders and can visualize Steve Urkel in my mind?

Is there some sort of code, rulebook, bylaws or something I didn't get when I got my "old guy card"?

You can download a Charter Contract @ wwwdotfollowthesheepdotcom
 kari135
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2009 9:19:37 AM
It all depends. If you get spiffed up, yeah, you should probably tuck it in. On the other hand, I can't quite imagine - don't want to, actually - what a Hawaiian shirt would look like tucked in.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/19/2009 9:23:34 AM
lmao OP thanks for the laugh and most of the men here dont tuck in their shirts...they layer them and leave the last one out...

I think in the past most men like most ladies went out the door of their home looking their best, they wouldnt be seen out in something that wasnt finished...think of men with hats and ladies had hats and gloves...

When I was in my 20's I dated a guy who brought scrubs...his reason was if you go out in sweats people look at you like you were to lazy to get dressed...by wearing scrubs they think you are an important doctor and treat you with respect if they see you out...for him it was all about his ego!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/19/2009 9:28:35 AM
I'm wondering at what age you start wearing the black socks with shorts and sandals...

...Give me mercy, that's not a good look at any age.

...Old guy????? Why you're still a young "whipper snapper"

* wonders why that expression just popped into my head* ... sigh , I must be getting old.

...maeflowers
 ForumFilly
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/19/2009 9:36:55 AM
Do whatever works for you. If you are more comfortable with your shirt untucked, then go for it. I, personally, think there is nothing a man could wear that is hotter than jeans with a long-sleeved, untucked, denim shirt, with the sleeves rolled up to just below the elbow. Now that is a look that never gets old. *filly fans herself*

T-shirts tucked in look weird to me. I prefer them untucked also. Dress shirts should be tucked in. If you are wearing slacks, whether dress or casual, your shirt looks better tucked in. With jean, untucked is fine. But then this is just the opinion of someone who is old enough to be your mom. BTW, my son, who is also 40, usually wears his shirts tucked in.
 KnotUrFuturex
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/19/2009 10:17:14 AM
Tucking it in allows for women to wonder if Mr. Happy is actually smiling when that little 'tent' pops up in your pants every time you sit down. Keeps 'em guessing.... Especially the women who keep insisting that men in their forties have a hard time getting it up. You wouldn't believe how many times I've caught them staring.
 kari135
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2009 10:19:31 AM
Okay, I'll admit it. My husband always tucked in his shirts, no matter what kind they were or what kind of pants he wore - but it was because he had a very fancy hand-tooled belt with an eqally fancy scrimshawed buckle, and he liked showing them off. He had two buckles, actually, the everyday one was inlaid silver, and was just as fancy as the scrimshawed one, and he switched back and forth between them. Then he made one from mastodon ivory, so there were eventually three buckles.
 Pfilly08
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/19/2009 10:29:09 AM
It's great to see a man's trim torso. Neatly covered by a tee or any kind of shirt. That is lying flat against his well toned body.
I would imagine that a guy would feel the same about the sight of a woman similarly attired.
 FarmExe
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/19/2009 11:51:45 AM

I wonder something else. I have seen that many American young men and women in public wear shorts and sandals. Gril shorts are much more shorter, and these girls try to disclose their bodies as less covered as possible. Why? Are they truly hot?
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/19/2009 12:06:14 PM

I'm wondering at what age you start wearing the black socks with shorts and sandals

I think it's when you no longer care about sex..
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/19/2009 12:16:10 PM

Tucking it in allows for women to wonder if Mr. Happy is actually smiling when that little 'tent' pops up in your pants every time you sit down. Keeps 'em guessing.... Especially the women who keep insisting that men in their forties have a hard time getting it up. You wouldn't believe how many times I've caught them staring

...I would NEVER stare at a man's crotch ......ok, ok..there have been a few ocassions, but those are the exception and not the rule.

*Hmmm, now that I think about it, tucking in might be the way to go*

...maeflowers
 bipolarintense
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/19/2009 12:29:55 PM
It's all based on a mathematical formula.

Tucked in shirt = amount of ass crack showing x hair
 younowho
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/19/2009 1:07:01 PM
Way back when, A shirt with tails was tucked, a straight was left out.

Now days try to find a straight cut, The trick is this, buy long tailed shirts, Tuck those in giving little willie a extra something .. some what like those padded Hooter shooters.

old guy card at 40 ? isn't that cougar bait ? ..
 Savona
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/19/2009 1:17:42 PM

and find it interesting shirttails out is now a fad which provides cover for pot bellies

That is hilarious and sadly true.

Savona
 younowho
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/19/2009 1:59:54 PM
They call this "Ekkie Do's " ?? >>>> spelling changed to fit the screen ..
 central-scrutinizer
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/19/2009 2:07:29 PM
I'm nearly 48 and I rarely tuck in my shirt. I hate to be constricted. I hate belts. I hate shoes. During the summer I wear shorts and flip flaps all the time, with some kind of beachy or tropical shirt. Looking forward to retiring in South Florida where it's ILLEGAL to tuck your shirt in.
 karma1160
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/19/2009 2:58:22 PM
Today they have different rules. When I was listening to rules the rule was one only tucks in if your stomach is flat.
If you have a little pudge than it looks better out.
The beauty of getting older is saying no I am not perfect, but I am valueable.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Now that I'm old do I have to start tucking in my shirts????