Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > What are your plans for New Years with the economy as it is?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~*Kathy*~
Msg: 1
What are your plans for New Years with the economy as it is?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Are you planning on joining friends, a night on the town perhaps, or maybe just sitting at home in front of the television watching the ball drop. No matter if its alone or with friends..what are your plans?

I will be staying at home ,, yes alone..lol and enjoying the warmth of the fireplace with a glass of wine and thats about it. its too dangerous and expensive to go out alone.. With things the way they are these days, I will forego and just stay put!!
 ~~Jackie~~
Msg: 2
What are your plans for New Years with the economy as it is?
Posted: 12/19/2009 1:32:49 PM
I'm not sure yet, but it will be with good friends!
 climbsagain
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/19/2009 2:17:39 PM
Driving to North carolina. Staying in Asheville with close friends. Will stay at a friends house which helps offset the exspense. Asheville is wonderful during the holidays. One of the Gems of the south. Not to be missed, everyone should visit there as often as possible.
 TJ7
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/19/2009 3:06:37 PM
^^^Asheville is one of my and my children's favorites places. We love the Biltmore and Asheville itself is beautiful. Have a wonderful and safe time Climbs.

Haven't gone out on New Years Eve for the past couple of years and when I did, it was taking the youngins to Magic Mountain for a family event.

Usually don't like to go out on that night due to some of the idiots on the road. My older girls will go celebrate with friends - I'm not worried what they will do - more worried about them driving home late.

I'll watch the ball drop at home, toast myself and the t.v. with a glass of wine and leftover Christmas food, call the kids and wish them a Happy New Years, send texts to all my friends doing the same. Will open the patio door to see if I can hear any New Years noise that occurs at midnight, but being out in the suburbs now, probably won't hear much - NOTHING like living in town and listening to the gunshots that happen.
 climbsagain
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/19/2009 3:32:03 PM
The Contra dance New Years eve in Asheville is the best. Over 250 people will show up for this dance. Most are very good dancers. Anyone that has contra danced knows how much fun a large group can be. Many great places to eat in town as well . Easy to find.................... south drive south!
 ~1happywoman~
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/19/2009 4:39:05 PM
I'll be working night shift at Bay of Islands hospital. I hope, no matter what you do on New Year's Eve, you be safe and have a wonderful time with friends and family!
 kissncuddle
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/19/2009 6:14:46 PM
I'll be working til at least 10;30. They probably wont let us go early.
 ~*Kathy*~
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/19/2009 7:42:12 PM
I could of worked too Debbie but the idea of working that late on a major Holiday and then driving home at the peak of it isn't worth it to me. They offered us unlimited overtime for the next two weeks. Think I will save mine for the non Holiday nights or days..lol
Be safe and enjoy your New Year everyone
 His Holiness THE CEO
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2009 11:57:27 PM
Scantily clad women, some not clothed at all. Lots of alcohol and great people, and thats just at work.
 ~*Kathy*~
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/20/2009 5:07:22 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Now that is funny!!!!!!!!

hopefully you have some time for Spinach with that busy work schedule!!
 His Holiness THE CEO
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 5:23:29 AM
Spinach and I are not a couple any longer so there's no need to make time.
 TJ7
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/20/2009 6:34:19 AM

Scantily clad women, some not clothed at all. Lots of alcohol and great people, and thats just at work.

Sounds like a stripper joint to me
 climbsagain
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/20/2009 7:49:46 AM
Sounds like a stripper joint to me

Sounds sad to me. New Years is about bringing in the new year, aspirations for the future, good faith and hope for the future. Recalling the past year and the the good things we know, safe streets minus exploding cars or disease. Food on the shelf at the store. We have it good here in the United States even if times are bad. Spending time with good friends or family. Somehow a stripper joint is very degrading to everyone involved? Happy New Year!
 TJ7
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/20/2009 9:25:45 AM
CLIMBS.............................it was a JOKE!!!!!!!!! I have no clue where he works - he could be working somewhere VERY innocent.

Lighten up man.........I'm starting to wonder if there is any fun and laughter in your life!!!!

ooohhhh and your welcome for me wishing you a nice New Years and safe trip!!!!
 climbsagain
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/20/2009 9:51:07 AM
I will laugh all New years eve just as I will laugh here in the forums when i read something funny. Reading comments about individuals wallowing in their misfortune is not funny nor is it funny to degrade women with comments about strippers. They are women first and should be treated as such! Happy New Year Tj7......cute photo.
 TJ7
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/20/2009 10:09:26 AM
Well of course it's no fun reading comments about wallowing but who was wallowing ???

And as for strippers...............no one was degrading them.........and yes, they are women and they make the choice to strip just as someone makes the choice not to strip - I'm all about choices and I am not one to judge someone's occupation or choice.

But as to treating a woman like a woman just because she's a woman...............sorry kiddo, don't agree - whether it's a woman or man......actions speak louder than words. I don't want a man to open the door for me just because I'm a woman - but because it's just common manners and politeness. And in turn, I open doors for others in my every day life.

BTW - thank you Climbs for the compliment. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Unfold
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:34:51 AM
My dad always called New Years Eve “Amateur Night”! Funny if you think about it...

Thankfully I will be getting paid to celebrate New Years again this year! I will be “sitting in” with a friends band at Mad River Mountain Ski Resort! We played there last NYE and it was a Blast!

TJ7- I completely agree!
 TJ7
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:44:41 AM
^^^ Thanks Unfold..........found your profile very entertaining - especially the first date - best of luck searching in your inner soul.....sometimes what you seek is hidden, but it can always be found and nourished.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
 His Holiness THE CEO
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 1:52:19 PM
Actually it wasn't a joke, I work at a strip club. As far as it being sad, I could think of lots of worse ways to spend my New Years.
 His Holiness THE CEO
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 2:02:44 PM
I'm not sure how being gamefully employed qualifies someone as being misfortunate. I can only say that by denigrating those people who work at a strip club, you are showing how small minded and ignorant your educated mind really is.

I'd love for you to e-mail me and reasonably explain your reasons as to why strippers and the folks who work in such places are the dregs of society. And by using the examples of what you see on TV don't count.

Unfold- the more the merrier.
 Unfold
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/20/2009 2:13:06 PM
Change of plans... I'm gonna go hang with the CEO on New Years!
 ~1happywoman~
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/20/2009 2:58:56 PM
If I'd ever had the body or the moxie to be a stripper, I would have at least tried it. I give strippers a lot of credit. I bet it pays better than wiping bums and cleaning up vomit and being verbally abused, which I have experienced my share of in 32 years as a nurse. (So I still do it - just for those perfect moments, like the quick flash of smile on a sick 2 year old that lets you know she's on the mend.)
 climbsagain
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/20/2009 4:31:39 PM
Strippers are the ones that are treated poorly and taken advantage of.
|
shaftedStrippers Fight Financial Exploitation With Lawsuit
By Laura Northrup on September 19, 2009 9:30 PM 11529 views Massachusetts strippers have filed lawsuits against the clubs that employ them, claiming exploitation...of the financial kind. As the economy worsened, clubs tried to take a larger cut of dancers' falling tip incomes.

The suit alleges that while dancers were treated in many ways like employees, the club gave them independent contractor status. They had many of the responsibilities of being an employee, without their employers fussing about pesky things like minimum wage and overtime laws, Social Security, and worker's compensation.

The owners of the clubs make the real money, yes that is exploitation and degrading to the women that are working as strippers.
 ~*Kathy*~
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/20/2009 5:29:32 PM
Ok so back to the ORIGINAL POST... Im happy to see that so many will be doing what makes them happy.. CEO More power to you .. I wish all of you and your friends a great time and safe time as well.

T- It sounds like you and I will be doing basically the same thing. Enjoy and be safe and if ya get bored call me..or better yet..TEXT ME..
My plan is to save as much money as I can so as to get this move completed and set my life back on track. I am hoping that 2010 brings me happiness, peace , comfort and joy with a healthy family, Keeping my loving parents around for another ten years to come, and maybe even possibly a naked man under my bed just to help me forget about 2009..lol ..
 TJ7
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/20/2009 9:50:41 PM
^^^^Hey Kath...........how about a nekked man on TOP of your bed!!!! It's much more fun, easier and you won't get injured or stuck under the bed.

And i truly believe that 2010 will bring you MUCH happiness, peace, comfort and joy - I will pray for that for you!!! But I have the faith it will happen - keep up the great work!!!

BTW - I miss you and hoped that you would come up to The Stadium and yes.....hear me sing - LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > What are your plans for New Years with the economy as it is?