Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Mosh Pits      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dan_Punx
Msg: 4
Mosh PitsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
The Point of a pit is to maximise the enjoyment of people on the floor, im a punkrocker but i am sure all the pits are the same, you go there to get drunk and dance around to the music you love, the slam dancing is from the 70's, 80's Hardcore/punk scene which they used to belt the **** out of each other for no reason, that still happens but its not as much contact these days. If you got involved in the pit then you will feel a amazing atmosphere that you couldn't (cant) get from just standing around.

Try it.
Dan
 MRSxUNiTY
Msg: 8
Mosh Pits
Posted: 12/27/2009 5:34:46 PM
I like getting in the pit always have and always will. Sure I tend to get a lil black and blue, but I love rocking out to the music at show's. Being only 5'1 I'm NO match for some of the slam dancers that go to a few of the shows. But I can hold my own... I'm not gonna pay for live music only to sit there like a old lady. I guess it just depends on each person, but being around music all my life just sitting there seems pointless.

You should see the bruises I got from the Vandals, V.G.S show
 MRSxUNiTY
Msg: 9
Mosh Pits
Posted: 12/27/2009 6:59:59 PM
Perhaps, Kids in the pit these days can get pretty stupid. But then again I was jumped by 5 Skin Byrds just cos I had a "Unity" butt flap patch so kids in the scene back then were pretty stupid.. either way no matter what you'll always run in to stupid people.. I really don't like people..
 MusicianMan86
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Mosh Pits
Posted: 12/28/2009 1:16:31 PM
They do it because that's what makes them happy man. If standing there makes you happy then by all means stand there. Moshing makes me happy so that's what I do. When I'm pumped up I'm going to go crazy! I agree with what a previous person wrote. It's more fun when you're standing on stage playing and everyone is going nuts than it is to just see a bunch of people standing there. When people stand there it makes me feel like I'm in church and I don't want any of that bullshit at a metal show. If I play a show I want you to rock the f*ck out, not stand there and **** because too many people are running into you. Go see Bring Me The Horizon once and let me know how your standing still works for you.
 jezdrummer
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Mosh Pits
Posted: 12/28/2009 7:30:23 PM
a mosh pit is fun .. if done right no one gets hurt .. like .. circle pits .. everyone runs around in a circle .. you get out some energy that high energy music puts in you .. or a little shoulder bumping and pushing .. ..

it's the way people "dance" to hardcore that i basically run away from ... who'se dumb idea was it to pretend your the karate kid fighting an invisible ninja .. it's just being an a$$.. i've seen people get broken noses just trying to enjoy a concert .. and that is not right
 MusicianMan86
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Mosh Pits
Posted: 1/4/2010 1:44:24 PM
Well I would say that your perception of concert enjoyment is distorted in my opinion.
 MRSxUNiTY
Msg: 13
Mosh Pits
Posted: 1/5/2010 12:53:27 AM

No, I consider the idea of going to a concert solely to watch the band the equivalent to watching someone work. At least to the point of thinking you're going to lose something in the experience by moshing.

Are you serious? At most I lose a safety pin or button.. The pit is the best place to be at a good show..
 IlsaSS
Msg: 15
Mosh Pits
Posted: 1/31/2010 4:30:11 PM
Pits can be a great resurce.
Drunken idiot hitting on you?
Toss him in the pit....
Dogpile and hilarity ensue.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Mosh Pits