Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > ALL THINGS GREEN....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 1
view profile
History
ALL THINGS GREEN....Page 1 of 1    
ALL THINGS GREEN GET BETTER WITH TIME!

THEY GROW AND GROW! Saskatchewan hits an all time for population.
So as fellow.. present or former... residents of Saskatchewan, what do you think the color green represents for this province.

What things do you think "GREEN" represent?
 trubblemakr
Msg: 2
ALL THINGS GREEN....
Posted: 12/24/2009 3:52:36 PM
personally i hate green
and dont really understand how it is a provincial color,
maybe gold and green to express the farming, but pretty soon, oil and the oilsands will begin to replace farming as the way of the provinces future
they need to combine something to make the green somewhat atractive
saskatchewan has only grown , in thanks to the oilsands futures , not because of farming that s for sure
if the big projects go bust, you can say goodbye to that huge injection of fresh blood in this province.
its far too soon to be bragging about a few thousand migrant workers who are now being counted as new population
dont forget 2500 philipinos and immgrants are brought here to man the fast food stores, they arent here for life, just for the time being until their employers can find cheaper workers elsewhere. they have however been added to the tally of new members of this province
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 3
ALL THINGS GREEN....
Posted: 12/24/2009 6:21:31 PM

ALL THINGS GREEN GET BETTER WITH TIME! THEY GROW AND GROW!

Except for the dollar... It keeps shrinking and shrinking!
 ferruginous
Msg: 4
view profile
History
ALL THINGS GREEN....
Posted: 12/26/2009 8:15:53 AM
If you're specifically refering to the green color on the provincial flag, it represents forests.

I believe the yellow (color of a ripened wheat field) on the bottom of the provincial flag was meant to represent the farmland in the province's south. The green on the top part of the flag was meant to represent the forests in the province's north.
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 5
view profile
History
ALL THINGS GREEN....
Posted: 12/26/2009 8:25:09 AM
and I suppose the flag lying flat represents Sask. reputation for being flat.

So based on our flag , I guess the Riders should have had Eskimos colors....glad we missed on that one.

Green is for "forests" .....its got to mean more than that. Funny thing is that I lived in Sask. about 35 years....and knew nothing and never met anyone connected to forestry until I moved to Manitoba. Yet "green" still runs through my blood....whats that??
(first one that says:" its a fungus...better look into it," gets smacked)
 ferruginous
Msg: 6
view profile
History
ALL THINGS GREEN....
Posted: 12/26/2009 8:47:49 AM

Green is for "forests" .....its got to mean more than that.
No, the green on the provincial flag simply represents forests.

The upper green half of the flag represents the northern Saskatchewan forest lands, while the gold lower half symbolizes the southern, prairie wheat-fields.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Saskatchewan
 TEMPT YOUR KHARMA
Msg: 7
view profile
History
ALL THINGS GREEN....
Posted: 12/27/2009 10:10:11 AM
fERR baby! does that name mean one tracked mind?

I think you missed my point....."GREEN!!!"is symolic to Saskatchewan....not just the flag......I want to know what it means to others here, not just some mundane flag explanation.

Hell i would even just like people to tell me whether they like the color or not.
Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > ALL THINGS GREEN....