Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How do you handle it when a gay person hits on you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CryManelli
Msg: 1
How do you handle it when a gay person hits on you?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Has this ever happened to you? I used to work with a fair number of homosexuals and this happened from time to time. Usually I laughed it off, but there were a couple of times where it sorta crossed the line. I didnt want people to think I was homophobic, but at the same time it didnt want it to continue. I could have told them to cool it, but they probablly would have pretended like they werent doing anything.
 andso.itgoes
Msg: 2
How do you handle it when a gay person hits on you?
Posted: 12/29/2009 1:39:53 PM
I loved Jack Nicholson's line in 'Good As It Gets'.
"If that did it for me, buddy, I'd be the luckiest guy around." or something to that effect. He turned an uncomfortable idea situation into a complement. Impressive.
 Ghost Reader
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/29/2009 1:47:55 PM

I didnt want people to think I was homophobic,

It's OK to be "Homophobic" , That's simply "Psycho-babble" to change the onus of "Depravity" on you.
I would simply tell him the only thing that belongs in my ass , is a finger , if the toilet paper rips !
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/29/2009 1:52:20 PM
Take it as a compliment. Say "thanks" and go on with your life.

B711
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2009 1:54:40 PM
A polite I'm heterosexual will do.
or

I'm strictly****y........... if you are a heterosexual female

or

I'm a vagi-tarian if you are a guy.
 geeleebee
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2009 1:59:43 PM
How do you handle it when anyone to whom you are not attracted hits on you?

'I appreciate the attention, but I'm not interested.'
'No, thank you.'
'I'm not Gay.'

What is the real issue?
Do you think people think you 'look' Gay?
Do you honestly not know how to say, 'No.'?
 colt8301
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/29/2009 3:44:10 PM
I didnt want people to think I was homophobic, but at the same time it didnt want it to continue. I could have told them to cool it, but they probablly would have pretended like they werent doing anything.

lol, it happened once or twice, I laugh as long as it's no "physical" contact.
 JWG86
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/29/2009 3:52:32 PM
Gay guys approach me all the time, and send me their #'s and whatnot. Just today as I was leaving a resturant a girl ran out after me and sheepishly told me about "...a guy in there who wanted me to have this...please don't take it wrong, if you don't want it throw it away...*hands me napkin with #/name*" She looked horridly self-conscious. I just smiled at her, accepted it, and said "Wow, thankyou! I don't go for men, but I am flattered. Tell him thankyou."

That's really all there is to it. I have never had a girl hit on me like that, at least, not that I can remember in recent history, and it feels good to get the attention. So I say thankyou and make sure to politely include the fact that while I am grateful for the kind words, I am not interested in men.
 daynadaze
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2009 3:58:38 PM
The same way I turn down a man, tell them no thank you and move on. I did have one woman cause me trouble when I turned her down, she then accused me of harassment because she was a lesbian. Since it's well known that I have no prejudice against homosexuality, her plan didn't work. I've worked with lots of gay persons and had gay friends, etc., this isn't usually a problem, most the gay people I know don't want to hit on straight people, although I know some enjoy that.
 new fisherman
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/29/2009 4:22:32 PM
A gay person has never hit on me so I dont know how I would react.
I would probably tell him to go away, and if I dont like the location or atmosphere I would leave
 ManicMelanie
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2009 6:44:42 PM
I had my first "wink" from a female on another site, a "cougar" one at that. Go figure. She kept winking me, kept winking me. Her profile said she was looking for females only, "NO MEN!!". Finally, I started deleting her winks without "reading" them. (Didn't know I could do that at first.) And that was the end of that.

BTW, I am wanting to START a new thread on POF. How the hell do I do that? Where is the MAGIC button??

ManicMelanie
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2009 6:47:53 PM
Lol.

I like the "I'm strictly c*cky." (B711)

B711
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2009 9:16:02 PM
^^strictly deekly

Make it rhyme....I hope this passes the minimum number of words test. Dang, I can't help it....... I'm a man of few words. There. let's see if that passes
 indianbob
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2009 10:00:17 PM
This has never happened to me, which tells me that the majority of gay men have really good straight-dar, not to mention good taste because I know for sure that if I were gay not even I would be interested in me.

Later,
iBob
 NappyKAT
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/29/2009 10:54:54 PM
Don't worry. If a gay person hits on you, you can turn them down and still hold onto your masculinity. Just don't go pokin nobody with a pipe in front (or letting them poke you) then you're good for the most part.

Gay men to most straight men have been emasculated and turned 'feminine' - a loss of manhood and masculinity which places them 'below' that of hetero males. I think that is the reason why straight men are taken aback that gays would hit on them. Hetero men might be thinking 'what the hell??? Do I look gay? Does something gay-like stand out on me? Why the hell are a bunch of a _____ hitting on me!' I think they start to panic. Hence the male homophobia.

That and I also think homophobes have some latent homoerotic tendencies.

But why worry about it? Apply any number of responses seen here and you're good.

Just for clarification, what is 'hit on'?
I've told women they have nice legs, are beautiful, nice tits (to the ones I know when we discuss these tit-related things) and other complements. But that's all they are - complements. I don't want to sleep with them, bed them, kiss them or be any type of involved romantically.

I've told guys they have nice legs too - and they took it as a complement and a complement only. Would you think you were being 'hit on' if a guy told you that?
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/30/2009 12:18:43 AM

How do you handle it when anyone to whom you are not attracted hits on you?

'I appreciate the attention, but I'm not interested.'
'No, thank you.'
'I'm not Gay.'

Exactly. Although, the way I'm going, I'd be happy if ANYBODY hit on me!! lol
 B711
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 2:40:21 AM
@ Nappykat. Hetero males generally don't relate the same way hetero females do...and I don't think it's necessarily homophobia. Females don't appear to have a problem showing body parts to and touching other women.

I simply have no interest in seeing another man's Prince Albert. Guys will generally complement each other's toys...nice set of wheels, etc. There are unspoken rules/ code.....e.g you don't need anyone to tell you that it's not ok to whip out your dikc in the grocery store frozen food isle..

I know in some cultures hetero males kiss as a form of greeting...
 ZenBeth
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/30/2009 3:13:59 AM
Have had a few lipstick lesbians hit on me. But they tend to check you out verbally by commenting on a man like George Clooney or a man across the room.

At my age I simply say if I were forty founds lighter and forty years younger I might stand a chance

Used to joke after my husband died that a good match for me would be a handsome successful gay Republican, since we would mesh well together in many ways yet still date others

~Beth~
 indefatigabilis
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/30/2009 4:54:04 AM
It depends on if that gay person is a man or woman. Lesbians, they can't keep their hands off of me. Gay men, they refer me to their lesbian friends. Sometimes I have been made to feel like a sex object. Ah, the good old days. Lately, never happens anymore.
 _Icon_
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/30/2009 9:48:36 AM
I simply explain that I am straight. I've made some really good friends this way.

Not girlfriends, girl friends.

I had one friend who was very protective of me and would explain it for me. Her clique knew I wasn't interested in anything more than friendship.
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/30/2009 9:52:39 AM
Shouldn't it be the same as any other person that hits on you whom you are not interested in? Just say "no thanks". It's not even necessary to tell them you are not gay.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/30/2009 10:21:15 AM
I'm a magnet for gays. Maybe one day I'll take them up on their interest (this hetero thing isn't going so well for me, lol). Also in my experience they are much less critical/more accepting (my experience only). Some that I've come across though seem to not understand that suggesting 3 somes and random gay strangers touching me on the back to break the ice probably isn't going to generate a positive reaction from me (and definitely hasn't).
 itechman63
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2009 11:04:23 AM
This reminds me of a time a friend and myself accidentally went into a gay bar. I sat at a table of Lesbians who asked me what it was like to sit at a table full of women with whom I had no chance.

"Same as in a straight bar," I answered.
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/30/2009 11:43:15 AM

You think that's bad? Then think how do you handle when a gay boss hits on you?
Yes, I had that situation only once in my life.
When I realized boss's intention I couldn't wait to get another job and quit that one. Fortunately, I did get another job soon with lower pay, but took the job.
No, I didn't use 'f*g' word to get him off my back. I'm not suicidal.
 JWG86
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/30/2009 1:13:18 PM
^ JACKPOT! You exploit that.

There was a manager at WalMart that was gay. He was always leering at me and my roommate. So what did we do? We always combed our hair, wore tight shirts, etc, and when everyone else was in a 20-person line checking out, *somehow* the manager decided to open another register about the time we got to it.

Unless your boss was rubbing his piece on you or trying to grab you at the urinal, you threw away a great short-term opportunity (At some point he would have become bitter because he would figure out that he wasn't going to turn you, but until then...!)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How do you handle it when a gay person hits on you?