Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Blue Moon      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 2
Blue MoonPage 1 of 1    
You do know that blue moon can make your wish come true, don't you? ha ha ha.
It goes like this, I heard long time ago on a talk radio, you look at the moon and say..

blue moon, blue moon, blue moon
fill her up, fill her up, fill her up.

Then make your wishes silently.

I tried that once wishing for a woman, I never saw that woman again.
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Blue Moon
Posted: 12/30/2009 12:25:24 PM

I heard long time ago on a talk radio, you look at the moon and say..

blue moon, blue moon, blue moon
fill her up, fill her up, fill her up.
Then make your wishes silently.

Darn and I went and filled up my tank yesterday! :(
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Blue Moon
Posted: 12/30/2009 12:39:19 PM
Didn't know about the wish thing....but I do remember there being like 4 blue moons in 2005.... kinda weird eh?... Earth must of been rotating a lot that year.

hope the sky is clear tommorow....going to make a wish on the Moon....

.....maybe I should full up the gas thank too eh?
 TooShadows
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Blue Moon
Posted: 12/30/2009 1:40:30 PM
Wow! If I was still with one ex-girlfriend we could have sex!
 Super Ryan
Msg: 6
Blue Moon
Posted: 12/30/2009 2:25:20 PM

Didn't know about the wish thing....but I do remember there being like 4 blue moons in 2005.... kinda weird eh?... Earth must of been rotating a lot that year.

It is only possible for two blue moons to appear in one calender year, and the last time was 1999. This is under the current definition of a blue moon, the second full moon in a calender month.

The older definition of a blue moon is the third full moon in a season with four full moons. 2005 did have a older definition blue moon.

So 2005 saw one new definition blue moon and one old definition blue moon, you could count it as either one or two (one would be most correct), but definitly not four.
 Feasterner
Msg: 7
Blue Moon
Posted: 1/1/2010 10:10:27 AM
It's interesting. Doesn't someone here know that blue moon is caused by human beings ourselves? As the lunar calendar is used, there is only one full moon each month; then blue moon never exists. We Chinese people use the lunar calendar as well as the solar calendar so nobody is surprised about the blue moon. The moon orbits the Earth, the Earth orbits the sun, and there is a difference about 11 days between the two different moving cycles of the two celestial bodies! Everything is always moving with these celestial bodies, whether everything is still or moves! BTW, the lunar calendar is good for farmers to use, which should be also important to everyone else because all people need to eat food~~~LOL!!!
 SAguy_06
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Blue Moon
Posted: 1/1/2010 2:57:59 PM

This December we will be blessed with 2 full Moons.

all that proves is that we have an old antiquated way to mark time...

one month has 28 days and if your born on a the 29th day of that special month, you have a birth date...date, once every 4 years...how dumb.

some months 30 days, some months 31????
 barbee1970
Msg: 10
Blue Moon
Posted: 1/1/2010 4:40:09 PM
Great, I can't get that oldies song "Blue Moon" out of my head now.

I thought it was all made up. I took a pic of it with my phone last night. Cool! Didn't know about the wish thing though.
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Blue Moon
Posted: 3/2/2012 10:15:08 PM
Next Blu Moon 2028...someone better Make A Thread on this on that year. BluMoon also symbolizes Truth Honesty and yes Wishes of Pure Hearted and Fair Minded Beings
an is a beautiful sight simply. Is there any Threads on Eclipses, Comets etc?Its intriguing the tales an diff. views.Also is a good time to make Special Wine/Sake under Blu Moon Light. ah to be cont. I like this Thread Post even if an old one.
 arwen52
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Blue Moon
Posted: 3/3/2012 10:51:00 AM

The next "Blue Moon" will be in 2028.

From Wikipedia:
"The term "blue moon" traditionally referred to an extra moon in a season: if a season had four full moons (rather than the more common three), then the third of the four moons was known as a blue moon.

A mistaken definition, that the second full moon in a calendar month is known as a blue moon, became common in parts of the U.S. during the second half of the twentieth century due to a misinterpretation of the Maine Farmers' Almanac in the March 1946 Sky & Telescope magazine; this was corrected in 1999.[10]

Since there are on the average 12.37 full moons in a year, a "blue moon" must occur on the average every 2.7 years (7 times in the 19 years of the Metonic cycle), by either definition."

I believe we've already had a blue moon since the original post.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 14
Blue Moon
Posted: 3/3/2012 11:40:14 AM

I believe we've already had a blue moon since the original post.

Especially in Kentucky.

OyVay...
Msg: 15
Blue Moon
Posted: 3/3/2012 11:56:13 AM
Gee, live and learn! I always thought a blue moon only happened when you sat on the ice too long!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Blue Moon