Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Impossible Quiche      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RERE1026
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Impossible QuichePage 1 of 1    
Sounds great and really easy. Just happen to have all of the stuff in my kitchen. Thanks from Canada.
 jojoaus
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Impossible Quiche
Posted: 9/3/2011 3:06:50 PM
^^^^ I think the OP means the recipe calls for 3/4 of a cup of flour but she uses just a 1/2 cup... she goes for less flour....

I might just add I make a no-roll pastry for quiches as I am rubbish at making the real thing.

4 oz butter
3 tablespoons milk
5 or 6 oz flour
pinch of salt

Put butter and milk in a pan and heat til butter melts. Lower heat. Add flour and salt and stir til combined. Cook for a minute or two, stirring. Allow dough to cool enough for you to touch. Press into the baking dish... its a lovely tactile experience too lol. It does not require blind baking... just add your quiche fillers.

jojo
 texasbaby
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Impossible Quiche
Posted: 9/4/2011 10:27:42 AM
We have a biscuit mix here called Bisquick, there are lots of impossible pie recipes on their web site.
This quiche is very much like what you'll find there and sounds great..
Another I like is sort of a coconut or chess pie, a sweet dessert.

Impossible Coconut Chess Pie
1/2 cup butter
1 1/34 cup sugar
4 eggs
juice of one lemon
1/2 cup self rising frour [or bisquit mix]
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
2 cups milk

Beat butter and sugar well, then add eggs beating after each egg, add lemon juice
mix flour into the wet mix, then stir in coconut and milk, mixing well.
Pour into [2] 9 inch pie pans that are well greased. Bake at 350 degrees about 1 hour or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Cool before serving.

Jojo, I really like your pastry crust recipe, I've already saved it for another day, thank you.

tb
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Impossible Quiche