Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Hide users that are not of interest      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 koncrete
Msg: 1
Hide users that are not of interestPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Im tired of seeing the same people on, why does plenty of fish not implement a feature that allows you to hide users that you are not interested in. Its just ridiculous. ()kcupid has this feature.
 skellyton5
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Hide users that are not of interest
Posted: 12/2/2011 2:15:18 PM
I totally agree. I keep seeing results for girls wanting black guys, or dominant guys, or girls who want a cowboy. I'm not any of those things and I would like it if I could somehow hide people who I have looked over and seen that we are not compatible.

Also, i remember there being an option somewhere for showing only users I have not messages. I can't find it now and I also don't ever remembering it to work. But if I could have a working one of those then it would help.
 BouncyBall
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2011 4:10:38 AM
I agree we need something like this.

Hide users you don't want to see but it would also improve the 'meet me' feature, if you go down the top 30 it's a list of people you've contacted (they haven't replied), people who have contacted you (you haven't replied) or people who are simply not of interest. The list becomes stale and though there may be several hundred people in the list you'll only ever see the same top 30.

Talking of 'meet me' I think when you've selected a meet me selection it could be worth have a form of wink or mail me button if its a mutual match, so many people seem to click yes to meet but actually have no interest, I mail mutual's and often see the same old read deleted so perhaps its a visual think only but with it never refreshed it's difficult to tell.

Hidden profiles clear away to let new ones through, more browsing, a more useful meet me feature and all round more compelling navigation progress.
 eggy1977
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 4:19:48 PM
Totally agree that there should be some way of hiding users who you're not interesting in, there's absolutely loads of profiles on here but when searching within say 50 miles you get loads of pages of users and it would take forever to get through them all. Other sites have the facility to hide people to refine results but POF seems to have a backwards approach about it.

I don't even use the "my city" and "new users" options as I don't have the patience to trawl through 71 pages of results, and regarding "my city" half the people I've already viewed, have no interest in, or live up to 2 hours drive away - not ideal when you only want someone local within the nearest town/city. If only there was some way to reduce the number of profiles I'm not interested in.

As much as this site is popular it's also very basic, with many features that could be improved and made more user friendly without going over the top.
 PositivePepperNerd
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/23/2015 3:50:13 PM
My main issue is writing out this great introduction all to get "YYY accepts messages only from certain users. Why not message one of your Matches instead?"

*THIS* is why I don't write lengthy intros, which only hurts your chances. Something to let me know that I can't message this person, *THEN* I also never want to see their profile again after that (why show me in the first place?)
 mrbreezeet1
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/24/2015 2:39:00 AM
Yes, My 2 Cents..............LOL
About all it's worth.
But Yes, I agree, they should have a 'Don't show this Member,..............any more button on the profile.
 BayportJake
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/16/2016 8:22:52 PM
8 yrs of requesting this feature and not one reply from anyone.
Seems like management does not care to address this great feature.
I will DEFINETLY NOT resubscribe as looking at same people
everytime I search is so beyond frustrating that
I will not subject myself to this POOR search site
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/16/2016 8:25:13 PM
How about a feature where you can draw moustaches on peoples faces ?

...and it's permanent
 fairmoonstar
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2016 6:52:46 PM
Ha ha ha! That is gold!
 Spicyitaliano
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/25/2016 11:48:05 AM
I thought about just blocking them, but they have to send you a message first and that would be too much work. I'd expect even if you block them they still show up. Such a waste. Thanks POF.
 RonLikes2Ride
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/26/2016 4:00:31 PM
Great idea I get the same 10 people for the last few years. They aren't interested and I am not interested in them. Maybe I should ask them to block me???
 RonLikes2Ride
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/26/2016 4:12:12 PM
I am going to ask the ladies to block me when I see them repeatedly.
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/26/2016 11:47:44 PM
Blocking only denies messaging; you'll still see their profiles.
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2016 1:23:57 PM
Pardon me if I'm not following this thread correctly. But things have changed since it started out 6 years ago. And I'm not exactly sure what changed or when. However, at this point in time, I've noticed that my Ultra Match list has a button off to the right that says something like "Remove this profile from the list". And when you click it, it sho nuff disappears, and is replaced by another profile. I haven't noticed whether or not it remains off the list when you check your Ultra Match list later. But I would think that would be the idea.
 Slaughter1963
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/21/2016 10:26:41 AM
StumbledBkn said:

Pardon me if I'm not following this thread correctly. But things have changed since it started out 6 years ago. And I'm not exactly sure what changed or when. However, at this point in time, I've noticed that my Ultra Match list has a button off to the right that says something like "Remove this profile from the list". And when you click it, it sho nuff disappears, and is replaced by another profile. I haven't noticed whether or not it remains off the list when you check your Ultra Match list later. But I would think that would be the idea.

In that case the profile is removed from the UltraMatch list, (I'm not sure if it's permanently removed) but those profiles will still show up as visible to you in other areas of the site.

-Slaughter
 BashfullTazzie
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2018 12:02:14 PM
10 years later and the option still does not exist, and not even for a PAID membership... they do not respect the wasted time of their users!
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Hide users that are not of interest