Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Texas Tech      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 2
Texas TechPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I will preface everything I say with: I don't follow college football.
I have no idea if the player is a good player or a bad player.
I have no idea if Texas Tech is a good team or a bad team.

It's being made into a huge issue by BOTH sides. And the media.
The coach, who thinks putting adults in time out is a valid coaching strategy, sounds like he is in over his head. It sounds to me like the athletic director agrees with me. College football is big business. You can't run a business like a day-care facility. You have to be able to manage egos, and if you cannot, you are incompetent.

The player, who tattled and fibbed. Hey, wait, maybe he SHOULD be treated like a child! lol It sounds like a lot of ego. I don't know him or his dad, who is supposedly famous. I DO know one blog post/editorial where they referred to the kid as "Adam James, son of ESPN's Craig James" every time they mentioned him, the implication being that THAT is the real reason the kid got his way and the coach got fired. I seriously doubt it--what AD is going to put his lucrative job on th eline for an ESPN announcer?

Hey, by the way, Broncos coach got into trouble for sidelining a famous player because he refused to play hurt. Most people are lauding the coach for dealing with the guy's ego THIS way (not allowing him to play). I think THAT is how I would handle pretty much ALL "disciplinary" problems, frankly. The kids want to play, dont' let them play on your team if they don't like the rules of your team.

I know it's wrong,

You know it's "wrong" but think it's "okay"? That doesn't even make sense.
 HDready10
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Texas Tech
Posted: 1/4/2010 4:12:31 PM
ive never heard of such a thing, from pee wee to pro.
and i tell ya im not going in that room. looks like tech officials overreacted.
but he should have been reprehended in the fat girl joke.

GO FROGS!!!!
 Pyro74
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Texas Tech
Posted: 1/4/2010 9:01:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=4792320

The players seem to support the firing and say Leach was getting out of control.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 9
Texas Tech
Posted: 1/4/2010 10:20:22 PM
^^^^^^^ So do I, right after he was made to do exactly what those kids were made to do ~ but for MUCH longer and without ice. Frickin' jerk.
 MGMLION
Msg: 22
Texas Tech
Posted: 1/6/2010 11:54:10 PM
I'll say Mike Leach will go from Red Raider to the Oakland Raiders right after Davis fires Tom Cable.
 MGMLION
Msg: 38
Texas Tech
Posted: 1/9/2010 11:32:31 AM

why did Leach receiebv a ten year contract if the school was unwilling to pay the money?
leach has been at texas tech for the last ten years and he signed i believe another 3 year contract that included a $800,000 bonus and he was oddly enough fired the day before they had to pay it and before a investigation took place. thats a little weird.

Easiest answer of them all. Adam Jones situation it was their way of getting rid of him without paying him his $8000,000. He said he would take it to court.
 Husker Freak
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Texas Tech
Posted: 1/9/2010 9:44:27 PM
I'm glad Leach is gone. His offense killed the Huskers. However, I think the hiring of Tuberville is a good one. He is going to emphasize defense over offense.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Texas Tech