Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Is it just wishful thinking .      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JP1111
Msg: 2
Is it just wishful thinking . Page 1 of 1    
My dear friend, I can understand your bewildered state of the “not knowing what to do” state of mind. But now, if I was to ask you, “what is it that is causing to be so unsure?” what would you tell me? Of course you should run through all your responses and then ask yourself “Is that a r-e-a-l-i-s-t-i-c possibility or, is it not?”.

Once you’ve run through all of them, then simply feel what feels right for you to do and, do THAT!
 rainman12
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Is it just wishful thinking .
Posted: 1/9/2010 6:01:15 AM

I need help with this one. I have this friend,

Yup, she's a friend.

And i hav'nt tryed anything because she always has guys trying stuff friends and people she just met , im the only guy who has'nt.

Well are you interested in her? An obvious question, but given that you didn't really mention anything in either of your posts really indicating how you feel, it's one that you need to ask yourself. Doesn't sound to me like you really are. You've listed off all sorts of thing you do, but those don't really indicate a level of interest from your end beyond friendship.

Once you asked yourself that question, and if the answer is a "yes" - make a move. Maybe she doesn't know your interested and thinks she's been friend-zoned.

Overall though I'd say your chances are slim of moving beyond friends, it's been too long since your relationship started for the roles to change.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/6/2010 9:02:12 PM
if you have had ZERO physical contact with this girl....

then you are IMO clearly 100% in the friends zone in her mind.
 daynadaze
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2010 9:55:27 PM
His profile says Not single/Not looking, so maybe it worked out.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Is it just wishful thinking .