Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > astrology and potential mate      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TravelingLight
Msg: 2
astrology and potential matePage 1 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Hmm I don't believe in astrology, on the whole, but some fragments of it seem to have some statistical backing. Not all ideas are bad either.
But I wouldn't seriously use it to find someone. Maybe in a cautious: let's use the portions of it that may help.

I've studied that years ago, can't find links for this. But a bit of study can probably help (decide for yourself if there's any truth to this..)
 TravelingLight
Msg: 4
astrology and potential mate
Posted: 1/9/2010 10:07:07 PM
I was harsh? Or m_church was?

I thought I was pretty fair and open-minded about it...

Anyway, I've known some girls who I seemed to be attracted to easily and were often of signs that are supposed to be compatible with mine (virgo).
I don't know if it really does mean anything but it's kinda fun to think about...
 Kimberish925
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 10:59:29 PM
I don't buy into the whole astrology thing as true idea of who I match with but I have seen patterns with people I know. Surprisingly many are true to thier signs...Every Taurus I've known has been stubborn, every Gemini has two personalities and can flip between them for no apparent reason. I myself am a Libra...(the scales) and need to have balance in my life in almost every aspect. Wierd things bug me, mostly symetry stuff. I'm in catering so if I'm setting a room everything needs to be even and lined up or it just bugs me. In a relationship it can be a blessing and a curse...because to keep balance I want everyone to be happy. If they are, I am even if I'm not neccesarly into what we're doing.

In case your curious.....From Astrology on-line.com

ARIES goes with Leo, Sagittarius, Gemini and Aquarius.
TAURUS goes with Virgo, Capricorn, Cancer and Pisces.
GEMINI goes with Libra, Aquarius, Aries and Leo.
CANCER goes with Scorpio, Pisces, Taurus and Virgo.
LEO goes with Aries, Sagittarius, Gemini and Libra.
VIRGO goes with Taurus, Capricorn, Cancer and Scorpio.
LIBRA goes with Gemini, Aquarius, Leo and Sagittarius.
SCORPIO goes with Cancer, Pisces, Virgo and Capricorn.
SAGITTARIUS goes with Leo, Aries, Libra and Aquarius.
CAPRICORN goes with Virgo, Taurus, Scorpio and Pisces.
AQUARIUS goes with Libra, Gemini, Sagittarius and Aries.
PISCES goes with Scorpio, Cancer, Capricorn and Taurus.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 11:29:38 PM
I am a complete beleiver in Astrology. I know how to do the the charts without a computer. I am an Astrologer. If you want free or cheap astrology advice go to CafeAstrology.com. Even better if you know your birth time, a much better site is Astro.com.
I get the complete birthdate of a guy who might interest me, to determine if there is enough possible chemistry to proceed further.
 Ependa
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/10/2010 12:16:54 AM
I am capricorn and most drawn to Scorpios, Taurus , and other Capricorns. I am least drawn romantically to Pisces and Aries. I don't pay a lot of attention to it. But Scorpio men defo get my attention ;-)
 RobDE302
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2010 12:36:13 AM
I've looked at it before and in the past in it can be eerily accurate. The description for my sign is 100% correct. Even though a lot of the traits can be vague enough to apply to almost anyone, the other signs are no where near as accurate as mine; cancer. The only sign I ever dated which I'm compatible, was a virgo. She was, without a doubt; the best girl I ever dated. If I had been given the chance, I would've married her but the USAF kinda interfered with that. All other women I've dated I wasn't compatible with and it ended pretty badly. Ironically, the worst was a Capricorn, and most astrologists say cancers and Capricorn need to stay the hell away from each other.

To sum things up, I'm not a die hard believer in astrology, but I do look at it to give me an idea of what I might be in for. The exception is Capricorns and Libras, I'm very apprehensive of dating them.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/10/2010 12:38:38 AM
LastFrogToKiss

You are suuuuuuuch a typical Leo!

DR_RUTHLESS
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/10/2010 12:41:59 AM
I couldn't care if my stars were in alignment or chasing each other around in the sky.

Asstrology much sense as tossing chicken bones, good for farts and giggles /entertainment... hardly a substitute for spiritualism too.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2010 4:06:17 AM
Astrology is about planets and not stars.
 TravelingLight
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/10/2010 4:10:34 AM

Star signs? Good God no! I take responsibility for the dating decisions I make! Men who quote their star signs are a huge turn off - especially Scorpios because I have found it usually means they are seeking Dom scenario. laugh: Kerry in UK

jaqi
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2010 8:52:58 AM
My daughter is a Leo and her two longest relationship were with capricorn men... still with the second... and they are not meant to be compatible!

However having said that I still tend to look immediately at the star sign for compatibility before deciding whether to 'get to know' someone on here.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/10/2010 9:25:32 AM

If I found out a woman believed in Astrology, I dumped her. I wanted an intelligent woman.... belief in astrology is a sign(had to throw that word in somehow) that she isn't bright enough to go out with.

Plus they would be reading that sh1t every morning to me as one of my personalities covered my ears going nah nah nah nah poo poo I can't HEAR yooooo

The most important thing you should know is that I am a Taurus and I won't take any crap from anyone.

Now I am confused..I must be part Taurus..2 door of course.
 beehearnow
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/10/2010 10:17:33 AM
it's kind of fun...but I hesitate to take it too seriously.

I'm a lot like the list of traits for my sun sign, but I'm also a lot like the list of traits for other signs, even ones that are not "in my chart". So there.

However, I have noticed that over the course of my life there is always a least one gemini person who has been a close friend. I don't have a lot of close friends.

I also have observed just a certian personality trait in people that makes me say "that person must be a virgo" and am 99% right. Virgos fascinate me, but that certain trait - and I can't really describe it - drives me nucking futs.

I like Scorpio , Capricorn and Cancer men, just as the lists say I should, but I also like Sag's and Leos...hmmmm...and I like men of the rest of the signs too. I like men.

I've never had a romantic relationship with a Taurus, although some of my very best lasting friendships are with taurus of both genders. the list indicates I might be missing out.

I like to read my horoscope at the end of the day. I've got a good memory and do notice that they are often re-runs. Amusing.

Amusing sums it up. Astrology, for me, is entertainment.
 x_file_
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/10/2010 10:19:54 AM

just wondering who matches up in the astrological order of things lol. as a capricorn i'm drawn to leo. does this make any sense?is this good or bad lol. i think i might be on to something here lol.just bored and havin fun. any input would really help.

You mean that as a Sagittarius you are drawn to Cancer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjwIEakWsBc&feature=related
 mr.evil
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/10/2010 11:31:16 AM
"Astrology is about planets and not stars."

So I guess you need to know where Uranus is at all times!!

One post said I should be compatable with Cancer, since I'm a pisces. Well, I married one and she cheated, guess my anus was left out to dry!! LOL

OT: I can honestly say, I don't ever think to check that or see what sign, a woman is who I am dating. Perhaps, it is that when you are born(time of year) may have something to do with certain traits you develop, who knows! I mean if your born in the summer, you maybe warmer or feel better about people, winter more guarded.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/10/2010 1:08:12 PM
Bill Clinton & Barack Obama are Leos.......would you say they were/are attention averse or no?

I do believe in astrology so far as a 'basic' compatibility match. Feel free to label me a nut.
 x_file_
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/10/2010 1:52:19 PM

6... A person born in December has far different influences than a person born in June... ie. Weather, Termperature, less fresh food for nursing mother, exposure to fresh air, more contagions... one would expect that to have more of an impact than a mythical property of when they were born.

The weather, the temperature, the fresh food, fresh air, are the result of the Sun - that is the result of the Earth's rotation about the Sun, and the Sun itself.

As the Earth rotates on its axis and around the Sun, we get the seasons - the varying temperatures. We also know that plants and trees are responsible for the production of oxygen (fresh air). And plants produce oxygen by means of photosynthesis which requires Sun light - which is why leaves show up around Spring time. Therefore the Sun is directly linked to fresh air, food, and temperature - the very things you say have more impact than a mythical property of when a person was born, but yet the stars are responsible for those conditions - in particularly one star - the Sun.

I'm yanking your chain so to speak.

What I'm trying to say is that by rejecting Astrology, don't reject the inherent connection of all things. I reject Astrology because I know Astrologer's do not know the influences (or all the influences) of planets and stars on people, but I do not reject the idea that such influences exist - it's actually not an idea, it's reality - all things are connected, are one.

In fact it's fairly easy to argue that a person's destiny is at least partially determined by the arrangement of stars and planets, and even on the day s/he was born.
 _GeekyGirl_
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/10/2010 5:46:00 PM
There IS something to it, no doubt in my mind. However, there are always other factors, timing being one and probably the most important. And very few people in the astrology community talk about timing. But it really is the "trump" card when it comes to pairing up with somebody, regardless of how astrologically compatible two people are.

If the timing is right, then remember that EVERY planet was in a sign when you were born, not just the sun. Just as an example, you may be drawn to Leos because perhaps the moon was in Leo at the time of your birth. We would say that you have a Leo moon. Sun/moon combinations are great for long term pairings.

There are a lot of other possibilities. These boards won't provide much info, but Google is a great source of astrological information if you are interested in learning more.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/11/2010 12:24:19 AM
LastFrog

You are suuuuuuuch a typical Leo!

And the sad thing is....I'd agree. We are at the top of the food chain and so worthy of everyone's attention.

Top of the food chain? What about them Lions I've seen in pictures that end up as fluffy carpets under the feet of pretty gal!

>Leos are truly hot in bed<<

Ok, that part is absolutely true. Yeah, I'm a Leo.

Now you pick and choose the good parts of Astrology to believe!
Of course! We all do that!

scorpiomover
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2010 7:50:50 AM

just wondering who matches up in the astrological order of things lol. as a capricorn i'm drawn to leo. does this make any sense?is this good or bad lol. i think i might be on to something here lol.just bored and havin fun. any input would really help.
Capricorns are normally drawn to Taurus, Virgo and Cancer. Leos are normally drawn to Aries, Sagittarius and Aquarius. I'd say that your chart probably has a lot more in it, that indicates why you prefer leos. Maybe you are drawn to Leos with a lot of Cancer in them, or you have a lot of Aquarius in you that is drawn to Leos.

FYI, Jung wrote that he found an astrological birth chart could knock 2 years off the time required for pyschoanalysis.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/11/2010 2:09:56 PM

That's why astrology appeals to people... they read into it whatever they want to support their belief.... and sorry, I find that the biggest believers tend to be less educated... they're less able to discern the flaws in the superstition....
Are you trying to make me doubt my very eyes and what I've witnessed over my life? Because that's not been my experience.

Gemini: You have a great gift of gab and can talk your way out of almost everything, even to the point of making others doubt their very eyes.
 Bablynbrook
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/11/2010 2:31:41 PM

Gee, as soon as I read this I decided to Google...
I found....
"Capricorns are drawn to Leos" and virtually every other combination are either drawn to each other or not, depending on who or what wrote it....
That's why astrology appeals to people... they read into it whatever they want to support their belief.... and sorry, I find that the biggest believers tend to be less educated... they're less able to discern the flaws in the superstition....

You have got to look deeper than that. There are many different aspects to your astrological profile than just your star sign. As far as being less educated, can you say the same as those people who believe in god? There is nothing to support that belief except what we justify as a miracle. Are religious people less educated?

Well, That's ok, I'll yank it right back....
The tilt of the earth determines those things, not the sun...
The same sun shines on the equator and the arctic at the same time... however, the weather and all other factors are different.... so that throws your theory out the window too....

What about the moon? Astrological profiles have a lot to do with the moon as well. The moon makes the oceans move. The moon also rules a woman's menstrual cycle. The sun does have have an effect on the earth. How the heck do you think that the planets orbit the sun? Pure luck? It is its pull on the earth that astrologists use to determine a persons sign.

For all of the people out there that don't believe and arent open to astrology I would love for you to check out the best website I have found for information. It is all free and by entering your birthday, place of birth, and time of birth it will give your full astrological profile. It will also help explain the planets and what aspect of our personality it rules. I am not saying that it will be precise on all aspects of your personality, but it is worth a try. I have many friends that are now a lot more open to astology then before because of this profile.

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal

Let me know what you think.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/11/2010 3:20:48 PM
Ask any police department what happens when there's a full moon out. Yes kidz the incidence/crimes/bizarre behavior spikes is the answer I'm pretty sure they will give you. So not only does the moon affect the tides but PEOPLES BEHAVIOR as well. Take it to the bank and cash it...it's good.
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2010 3:33:41 PM
I've looked at that astrology site in the past along with many others just for fun. I checked it again. There was way too much blah, blah to read all of it but as some one else said no matter what birth date you type in some of it will match up with your personality and some of it won't. It is written this way on purpose.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/11/2010 3:40:26 PM

Actually, numerous studies have pretty much debunked that theory too....
"studies" are good but why not ask the people who deal with it? Also ask anybody with outdoor/indoor cats. I can always tell when there is a full moon by their behavior. When they start acting weird......go outside and surprise...full moon.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > astrology and potential mate