Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > The Conundrum Called The Australian Woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kmac6
Msg: 2
view profile
History
The Conundrum Called The Australian WomanPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I would be asking the question as to why you would choose these "women".

Kinda smacks of the similar complaint, "all men are **stards" to me.

Just ain't true!
 kmac6
Msg: 3
view profile
History
The Conundrum Called The Australian Woman
Posted: 1/10/2010 7:00:11 PM
ooooh look they knocked the ba out. I meant B.a.s.t.a.r.d.s....

Wonder if that will get through?
 kmac6
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2010 7:08:41 PM
Ha ha ha ha ...

Yes and how true it is that American women are less high maintainance and demanding!!!!
 greyingred
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2010 8:11:37 PM
call me picky but I prefer my men do not bend over backwards unless of course we are trying position number mission fkn impossible.

Had a bad day did we? Never mind once you have got all that bile out you might be sweeter. SO go on..who are you exactly mad about...cos I love a good gossip....surely it can't be the whole of australia...mind you being a pom means of course I am exempt. Seems there are more poms on this site than technically allowed...I was told I couldn't post on the UK Forum.

No point him trying the Brazillians, they are too smooth for a rough Aussie
 smothy
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/10/2010 8:18:26 PM
i was thinking thai it is a very refreshing to the system.
of course if you do go America you must realize that you will only get 80cents to the $
or new zealand is not a bad exchange rate .
bj
 greyingred
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2010 5:39:46 PM
^^^^ yup the probability of dying of old age waiting around here expecting to meet someone is 100%. Maybe even 110%. Call me old fashioned but I suspect meeting someone involves a bit more than sitting at a computer in the spare bedroom where the only thing banging are your fingers on the keys.
 greyingred
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 11:21:53 AM

Sorry for derailing the topic

^^^^^And here we have prime almost pristine example of the conundrum of Australian Women.

1. Is she really and truly deeply and forever sorry?
2. She is Australian and only the English permanently apologise nay verily even unto apologising for apologising....most Aussies refuse to apologise substituting with 'she'll be right mate".
3. Is she really and truly, deeply and forever derailing the topic.
4. Can topics be derailed or is this verb soley for the use of trains?
5. Sorry I lost my train of thought so five is cancelled due to lack of intelligence.
6. Topic...here in this word and all it's connotations there is no Australian, no cultural barriers just the woman...the universal woman...... responding to the english name of a particularily deliciously nutty chocolate...aka Picnic over here.

And the biggest conundrum.....I am sober...I usually am....tis scarey
 debnco
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 5:09:11 PM
Maybe they don't want just an Intimate Encounter .....Like your profile states ..
Or maybe they don't want to be blocked from contacting genuine people .No just FB ...
 gomper
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2010 11:03:37 AM
I LOVE that album - So Long Bannatyne?? is that the right title - the photo shows them standing around an old car.

It's got one of those short filler songs just like the Beatles do on Let It Be.

Prob mis-quoting as usual

FIDDLIN' spells fiddling
DRINKIN spells drinking
One thing I'll tell you, you might not know
you can't go fiddlin without your blow

I digress - my brother has written an Aussie version of American Women but has not so far dared to sing it on stage.

There's nothing wrong with Aussie women, or for that matter American, Pommie or Canadian.

A few are nasty, most are indifferent, one or two are nice, exactly the same for blokes.

Plenty of Fish! You'll have to chuck a lot back unless you are a rogue like my brother who never hooks anything but tens, but eventually you will strike gold.

Be yourself, be nice, do not take yourself too seriously, crack a few jokes, if they fall flat so much for that much vaunted GSOH.

Come to think of it, that is my only gripe about Aussies - they CANNOT laugh at themselves the way that Poms do.
 debnco
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2010 4:44:17 PM
Well said Wingy !!!
 Mainey
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/26/2010 3:41:39 AM
Loosey is baaaaccccck!!! LOL

I agree all he is saying is it is the individual not the nationality, he metioned the many women he has dated to make the point he has no absolute preferences when it comes to what nationality a woman is. Simple, no need to go making it complicated.
 Mainey
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/26/2010 4:00:55 AM
No Problems LN, it will be an air matress on the floor, which I am sure you will be ok with,,I have seen you sleep in worse places lol.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2010 4:07:52 AM

Yet I have known a few descent men on here, thank god.

So you like a man who goes down hey? It's refreshingly open of you to confess your online dating experiences that way.
Mind you, going along for the ride with a talented ascent man can open up some impressive vistas too...
 lyingcheat
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2010 5:28:27 AM

Oooh I love men with ascents. That, and a descent liquor.

Yup, a descent likker is the best! Oh so smooooth as it goes down, and then the lovely warmth spreading upwards. O la la, c'est magnifique ascent!
 InSydney
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:53:22 PM
I never ever thought I would see "government" (or is that "guvamint"? LOL) and "hear my fanny roar" in the same paragraph

Good read though!
 marshlyn
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2010 9:40:49 PM
No, please keep him there we have enough here in America
 InSydney
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/8/2010 9:17:16 PM

You seem really angry Ghost nation. I'd say that's why women (and probably men) ignore you.

Yep. That's a very scientific approach to your conclusion. I'm so glad scientists don't think like you. So in the space of one sentence you were able to determine whether or not women are ignoring him AND you also managed to isolate the reason why women are ignoring him. Give me a break! I think it would be more productive if people focused more of their energy on their own faults rather than trying to find faults with others (especially total strangers). I have spent countless hours on my own self improvement (and I will continue to do that) and yet I'm still very selective about what I comment on these days.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2010 7:14:00 PM
Solution: only date recent immigrants.

Australian girls are too vanilla anyway.
 qldblue
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/8/2010 4:52:18 AM
Hey Noxious, I have found 2 things on your list thatI could do for you;
1. cook
2. ravish you

Not necessary in that order.

But seriously, I think that some men have an unattainable idea of what they are looking for in a woman, the nympho who is blonde and her father who owns a pub.

I also think that some women also have unrealistic ideas as well for instance, my kids come first and my family is important to me.
These are also important to men as well but they are statements that can and do imply that the other person's family isn't all that important.

Yes we all know that our families are important but who is going to forgo their children for the other? No-one.

If people want to go into any relationship then one must consider all aspects and a major aspect to consider is the other persons family and how the two families will interact, I know that my children would flatly refuse to accept a woman who tries to replace their mother but would be more inclined to treat my new partner as a friend as well as any children.

I sometimes think that maybe we place too much pressure on ourselves than we ought to because of our children.
 pauleboy
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/8/2010 3:18:44 PM
have to agree with ya mate its this site i have better luck at clubs and ya get to see who ya talking to i have met some woman that are not the person in there profile pics they have pics yr out of date then we hear the old crap how there looking 4 mr right but all they are is cougars
 lyingcheat
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2010 6:07:33 PM

I knew I was missing a key ingredient... my father doesn't own a pup.

Pfft! Not to worry, I imagine you'd still get a lot of mileage out of the other two key ingredients?

I think that some men have an unattainable idea of what they are looking for in a woman, the nympho who is blonde and her father who owns a pub.
 Island home
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/9/2010 2:40:57 AM
Its easy to see how a spell checker could get confused between a
pup and a pub
I mean to say the p does look like a drunken b
 Island home
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/9/2010 2:33:23 PM
^^^^ Probably all down to penis envy