Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > What does commitment mean to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matchlight
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What does commitment mean to you?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
There are a lot of different types and different degrees of commitment. You can be committed to your work, to someone's well-being, to protecting a confidence, to USC football, or to playing Texas Hold'em. I don't think the two sexes probably tend to show different degrees of commitment to certain things. I have the impression a lot of women like commitment for its own sake. No?
 matchlight
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What does commitment mean to you?
Posted: 1/11/2010 8:28:02 AM

we are not supposed to generalize here, but all this was proven by a scientific study I did a few minutes ago.

After doing a similar scientific study, I think you hit the nail on the head. We should all be ashamed of ourselves, for thinking there's any truth in such sexist stereotypes. Except, of course, for the people who've fooled themselves into thinking that because they don't like those ideas, they can't be true.
 Gogetter1956
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2010 7:12:15 PM
Well I'd say, if you're not committed you ought to be...to keep the line of thinking going there :-D

Anyway, to me it means staying together and working together through thick and thin, majoring in solutions and minoring in blame.
 Rythmn
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2010 2:11:14 AM
arecpea, only 28 years old. do you perchance have a father who is single? send him over here. better still, you need to become a "relationship coach"!
 MermaidSari
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2010 10:56:25 AM
Ace -- why do you think there would be a gender difference?

I think in today's world there are many forms of commitment ... some leading to marriage and others leading to whatever life style the other chooses.

I commit to ice cream and potato chips some days, but I still know this isn't the healthiest choice I could make. *wink*
 wooliepack
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2010 8:54:33 PM
For a man, "Commitment" is a promise we can't walk away from... like, joining the Army, or buying a home, or... getting married.

When a woman says "commitment", all she means is a clearly-printed label for the relationship. It answers the "What are we?" question, which itself is foolish. When a woman has to ask this, it means NObody is in the driver's seat, and God forbid SHE should have to take the wheel!
Show ALL Forums  > California  > What does commitment mean to you?