Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Lets cuddle on the couch?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cheri37
Msg: 1
Lets cuddle on the couch?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I have been asked a few times by men if I want to come over and cuddle on the couch with them. We have not met yet only chatted on here or through txting and they ask this. I assume they are only wanting one thing from me, I know what people say about assuming, so am I thinking wrong or am I right? Be honest gentlemen. I usually respond back with how about we meet for a drink instead. Is this a good response or not. Hey women are you getting this question also and how do you answer?
 e*Musing
Msg: 2
Lets cuddle on the couch?
Posted: 1/11/2010 5:29:41 AM
Cuddling = First Base (with home field advantage)

For a first date, not only is this incredibly cheap, but gee, do you really want to go to a strange guy's house for a first date? Do you know that there aren't others there or dropping by after you get there?

I've done very, very, very few first dates anywhere other than a public place. And yes, I've had 7 first dates that were at a home (2 at mine)...5/7 emded in cuddling...and no...not clothed cuddling. But to be fair...I DID NOT propose the first date at my place...it was always the girl.

Yes. You will have opportunities for sex so you get decide now what you want to do.

BlueWren3
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2010 5:34:18 AM
IMHO : You already know the answer to this question...lol I say follow your gut instinct and play it safe. Meeting a person for the first time ( or even first few times) in a public place is ALWAYS a good idea.

surfergrlfly
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/11/2010 6:54:47 AM
"Cuddling on the couch" means " I'm to cheap to take you out and I definately want to have sex with you."......IMO
 climbsagain
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/11/2010 8:25:10 AM
What are willing to do on the first date. Sounds like they are stating their inmtentions varl clearly. Testing the waters by asking if you want to cuddle? I don't think you need to read between the lines in this case?
 MissElaineESJones
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/11/2010 9:24:55 AM
What in the world is the matter with people? Suggesting a first date be a cuddling session on the couch when you have never even laid eyes on the person before in your life? I'd probably say "even a caveman can do that" but I would think of how offended a caveman would be.

Probably the best way to answer a message like that is to tell him to go downtown and look up the local pimp. He could fix him up in quick order.
 SolticeCookie
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2010 10:36:43 AM
The reason you are getting that question is because you state it in your profile.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2010 1:52:44 PM
What in the world is the matter with people? Suggesting a first date be a cuddling session on the couch when you have never even laid eyes on the person before in your life? I'd probably say "even a caveman can do that" but I would think of how offended a caveman would be.

Probably the best way to answer a message like that is to tell him to go downtown and look up the local pimp. He could fix him up in quick order.

Kinda forward, but that goes both ways too (though I wouldn't make this suggestion myself).

I had a few offers to meet someone at their house on a first date either for a beer on the porch or to chat.. or right after the first date at a public meeting place, & it pretty much never went any farther than that at that point.

But then again I'm me, & I really have no clue now what other guys are like or do anymore.... guess I'm the one out of touch, or just a nice guy that didn't take advantage of these situations (??).
 TJ7
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/11/2010 2:27:10 PM

"Cuddling on the couch" means " I'm to cheap to take you out and I definately want to have sex with you."......IMO

Ouch............Granted, it might not be too smart to 'cuddle' with someone right off the bat, without more information (you know, drivers license no., SSN, fingerprints and first born - JK LOL) - but..........

...........to say that someone who suggests that is too cheap to take you out and only wants sex...............give me a friggin break...........

What happens if someone is in-between jobs or laid off and really doesn't have the extra cash to take a date out for dinner or a movie? Are they not allowed to date and will they be considered cheap?

Now, I know, I know, they could still meet someone at one of the free events, or just go for coffee, not necessarily having to spend a lot of money - I get that, but don't immediately assume someone is cheap or is just out for sex if one of their suggestions is to snuggle on the couch in front a roaring fire or watching a movie. Maybe they just enjoy romance and think nothing of suggesting that. And besides, YOU are in control of your body and your mind.

If meeting someone at a place that you don't feel comfortable meeting, ALWAYS trust your judgment and intuition - suggest a more open and populous place to meet.
 YourCuteGuy1
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/11/2010 3:31:31 PM
On one hand, it appears you are saying this is inappropriate behavior for a man. But on the other hand, there are plenty enough women out there who will suggest doing just that.

Guys wouldn't do these seemingly inappropriate things if there weren't women out there who perpetuate them.

It's like the shirtless pics. There's enough women out there who like to look at them so that the one's who don't like looking at them have to put up with it.

It comes down to this, and you ladies know you are guilty of it... You can't get out of this one.

Women will say they don't sleep around or don't do it on the first, second, or third date. But there's always that one guy that will flip your switch that you just can't resist and can't help but make him a notch on your bedpost. All women have known such a guy and may meet a guy like that in the future. Of course there are the exceptions where a woman morally just will not go there. But I'd say that most of them have crossed that line, even married women.

So if a guy wants to webcam with you and he shows his willy, it's because enough women ask to see it that he thinks it's ok to do.

There's so many variations on these themes, but it's all your sisters, and on occasion probably you, who are to blame for perpetuating them.

Just as rules are made to be broken, so are standards.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2010 3:32:24 PM
What happens if someone is in-between jobs or laid off and really doesn't have the extra cash to take a date out for dinner or a movie? Are they not allowed to date and will they be considered cheap?

Then you should go look for someone better, after all if a man don't have unlimited cash flow & 'great job'... just what good is he??

Women Love $$$$$$ (& so does Gene Simmons)
 DesertFox3
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2010 3:36:11 PM

It's like the shirtless pics. There's enough women out there who like to look at them so that the one's who don't like looking at them have to put up with it.

Hey.... weren't those were banned here years ago????
 YourCuteGuy1
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/13/2010 2:40:16 AM
Boy it sure got quiet in this thread.

Hhmm... I wonder why that is, lol?

Shhh...

Oh never mind, I thought I heard something.

Nope, deathly silent.

Too cold out for crickets I guess.

"Peeks around the corner"

Nope, got nothin there either, lol.
 ~~Jackie~~
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/13/2010 4:09:49 AM
To OP--
Maybe he's just letting you know that he actually read your profile? You should be flattered!
 climbsagain
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/13/2010 4:20:46 AM
The ops profile is not the first to state she likes to cuddle on the couch watching television. Question is how most men react after they read this statement, and the word ' cuddle." I asked a woman what she thinks when she says " cuddle" , she stated there is no mystery in the word " cuddle" , just sitting close to the one she loves. Problem is she said, " men think cuddle is an automatic invitation to sex". Good point as the two are not the same. perhaps the problem is how we define cuddle?
 SolticeCookie
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2010 5:47:24 AM
Perhaps there was something said in the conversation that led several different men to the same place? I think we need to be careful when we are communicating with strangers about things that initiate intimacy. There will be plenty of opportunities to discuss topics that lead in that direction on down the line. There are lots of things that I like...but stating them in my profile is not an option. There are SO many more things to discuss with strangers than being in a horizontal position. Why go there at all?
 e- mermaid
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2010 8:39:50 AM
Cheri - I don't think there is anything wrong with you stating that you like to "cuddle" on the couch and watch tv.
But

........maybe you should define that a little better for the guys (and yourself) who interpret
Cuddle = sex. You can add that it's nice "after you get to know each other"
 falcon1960
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/16/2010 12:43:30 AM
Ok .Just a male here but cuddle does not =sex just as endangered mermaid stated and just think...........I for one can cuddle = sex is not at all in my mind. So what would snuggle mean then??? hmmmmm...........OMG lets get real here. Don't just assume these words are to be used on a first date just as you have to have a first meeting I think befor that first date..............are you all lost yet..hmmmmmmmmmmmm cuddle/snuggle..............when the time comes don't we all want that feeling. PUT A LITTLE BELL BETWEEN YOUR KNEES IF IT RINGS THEN YOU ARE NOT CUDDLING ANYMORE ,RING RING!!!!
 paul477
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/19/2010 1:10:22 AM
Okay......let's be honest here. To cuddle does not mean sex BUT......women wear makeup, perfume, sexy clothing, and all that other stuff to get a guys attention. If you do cuddle up with a normal, red-blooded, typical guy.......he is going to be stimulated by the close proximity of an attractive female......this is only natural. If you do stimulate a normal guy, he will become aroused.....again, this is only natural. With arousal will come a desire to intimacy leading to a desire for sex. Would you women want it any other way.......that we guys give no heed to your close proximity? That your touch doesn't lead to a guys arousal? Ladies......you can't have it both ways. So.....unless the guy is gay or you are just butt ugly, don't be surprised if the gentleman becomes amorous.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2010 5:41:42 PM

Okay......let's be honest here. To cuddle does not mean sex BUT......women wear makeup, perfume, sexy clothing, and all that other stuff to get a guys attention. If you do cuddle up with a normal, red-blooded, typical guy.......he is going to be stimulated by the close proximity of an attractive female......this is only natural. If you do stimulate a normal guy, he will become aroused.....again, this is only natural. With arousal will come a desire to intimacy leading to a desire for sex. Would you women want it any other way.......that we guys give no heed to your close proximity? That your touch doesn't lead to a guys arousal? Ladies......you can't have it both ways. So.....unless the guy is gay or you are just butt ugly, don't be surprised if the gentleman becomes amorous.
BRAVO!!!!

IF YOU WANT TO CUDDLE....BUY A PUPPY!!!!! Otherwise....if we're not having sex...then you sit on YOUR end of the couch...and I sit on mine. Most people get over the excitement of being a "tease" by the time they leave High School.
 sparkzz121
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/19/2010 5:59:51 PM
Oh... I tried letting a few come over to watch a movie.... trust me.... it doesn't work...lol

Another reason why I raised the age restriction on my profile, the young ones sure never asked me out on a date
 Fetch Me Rum
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2010 7:29:45 PM
Cheri, best response would have been CLICK ! But if compelled to be vocal " Hey you cheap **stard, take a lady out and treat her as one ". Cuddling is not, i repeat not, a first date. The more i read these forums the more i learn about behavior of my own species, and am very disappointed. Back to class boys !!
 ColsOh1
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2010 7:34:32 PM

The more i read these forums the more i learn about behavior of my own species, and am very disappointed. Back to class boys !!

I totally agree!
 byrde123
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/21/2010 6:24:36 AM
Maybe what these guys are doing are just trying to use our lingo.....to cuddle to a woman usually means just a cuddle on the couch for a movie. To cuddle on the couch to a man means being close to that woman. Close to a woman means arousal for a guy. Being aroused doesn't always lead to sex. I think most men go about their every day lives in some state of arousal or could be aroused at the drop of a hat. We're different. We want to watch the end of the movie, they figure we can rewind it and watch the end later. Like Paul says..."it's only natural". It's just the way it is. Yes, ladies, men are interested in getting laid. Many women use that interest to hold a man's attention. And let's face it is our biggest asset and it is an attention getter. We all play the game, just use different words. As my late husband used to say. A man spends nine months getting out and the rest of his life trying to get back in.......
 paul477
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/21/2010 6:47:03 AM
Hey Byrde........there must be a hat dropping somewhere the in world......my couch or yours?
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Lets cuddle on the couch?