Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Hydroxycut, etc...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheReason_
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Hydroxycut, etc...Page 1 of 1    
I notice all these things with big claims, to melt fat etc. I always figure it's the placebo effect, with little more than caffene. Of course they say "results may vary, people also followed a diet and exercise plan (a-ha!)

What's the deal?
 hamster-dance
Msg: 2
Hydroxycut, etc...
Posted: 1/11/2010 10:48:03 PM
I think you are exactly right. Only I think it also contained ephedra until it was banned. This is based on my faulty memory. I could be totally wrong.

Interestingly enough though I recall many times in the past while taking Sudafed (which contains ephedrine) I had no appetite whatsoever. Always figured that ephedra had the same side effect. I can't imagine taking that stuff for more than a couple days though. It made me feel like I'd just drank an entire pot of coffee.

Ok I just looked on Wikipedia and it says that ephedra sinica (which was what they used to put in those diet supplements) contains both ephedrine and pseudoephedrine, which are also commonly used as an appetite suppressant. So there you go.

The page on ephedra also said that since the ban most have replaced the ephedra with other herbal appetite suppressants like bitter orange. Here's the listing for bitter orange used in herbal medicine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitter_orange#In_medicine Hydroxycut does not appear to contain bitter orange though.

My ex husband used an ECA stacker like hydroxycut before ephedra was banned. He lost weight but mostly lost muscle. He is now "skinny fat." And he's still an idiot.
 DiannaBall
Msg: 3
Hydroxycut, etc...
Posted: 1/12/2010 5:26:08 AM
I have never used them. There are other things to buy that do work. And of coarse, as we all know, diet. These (in my opinion before someone flips out and quotes me and we all know who that is) is these are just more over rated pills and the company is making money off people. Maybe appetite suppressant "effects" is what I am "guessing." Melting fat can be done with far better things than this.
 MakeYouSmile26
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Hydroxycut, etc...
Posted: 1/12/2010 8:55:07 AM
They did nothing for me, although I did enjoy the caffiene in pill form over coffee but I dont believe my body absorbed it as well because 2 pills of Hydroxycut (200 mg of caffiene) did less for me then 1 cup of coffee (100 mg of caffiene)
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 5
Hydroxycut, etc...
Posted: 1/13/2010 3:41:26 PM
I notice all these things with big claims, to melt fat etc. I always figure it's the placebo effect, with little more than caffene. Of course they say "results may vary, people also followed a diet and exercise plan (a-ha!)

They do not make those claims, they imply those claims with slick marketing.

Anyone that watches those commercials and is not smart enough to know they are paid actors and actresses make a good argument for a disclaimer to be provided to anyone purchasing a TV.

Their disclaimer from web site: ...This product does not replace the need to eat a sensible, balanced diet and to get regular physical activity. It is not a weight-control product. Do not exceed recommended serving. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration....

Its the American way.
Step 1: Find a want or desire amongst the population.
Step 2: Create marketing campaign that implies desired results and wait for those people that do not know any better to buy your product.
Step 3: Profit.
 Toodlez
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Hydroxycut, etc...
Posted: 1/14/2010 10:09:09 AM
Ugh. Tried the old formula of Hydroxycut Hardcore and an ECA stack.

HC- made me feel terrible, only lost a couple pounds of fat and a LOT of strength, actually made eating a pain in the ass cause I was queasy. Made me more restless than energetic.

ECA stack - I only recommend this is you're already in decent shape and just want to cut. I lost a few pounds and even got a bit stronger while I was on it, but DAMN. the ENERGY. Id be wired for hours at a time and barely needed to eat. Id be halfway through a meal and just stop - being someone with a strong appetite this was amazing to me, I was raised to "clean my plate" so to speak. BUT, it also wears off after two weeks or so, you can get reliant on the caffeine, it WILL raise your blood pressure, and you WILL have an INCREDIBLE appetite when you go off it.

The first weekend I was off it I was visiting home, so two home cooked meals a day, plus snacking, plus went to the buffet twice. Overall probably consumed 10,000 kcals in two days and still felt starving.
 Toodlez
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Hydroxycut, etc...
Posted: 1/14/2010 10:12:11 AM

the GNC retailer sold me an 80 dollar jug of hydroxycut when I was like 15 years old and severely under weight.

GNC is the single worst store I've ever been in. I stopped in for a simple jug of whey protein once, and they tried to upsell me to a case of $150 creatine-protein junk and made about a dozen false claims to sell it ("Your body can't effectively absorb protein without creatine!")

Its like they don't even try, they just want to prey on fat people.
 podthebod
Msg: 8
Hydroxycut, etc...
Posted: 1/14/2010 6:48:28 PM
I took Xenadrine RFA-1 back in the day like maybe 6 or so years ago when it had ephedrine in it and definitely worked. It was similar to Hydroxycut before ephedrine was removed from all OTC diet fat burners. I have heard some positive things about some supplemental fat burners but not necessarily Hydroxycut.

I do plan to take some fat burning supplements myself in the near future myself. Already have the high quality caffeine pills @ 200mg per. Plan to add Albuterol or clenbuterol since I can't find ephedrine anywhere.
 Slipknot6
Msg: 9
Hydroxycut, etc...
Posted: 1/15/2010 3:52:33 PM
The deal is that it is all complete nonsense. In a test that my friend did, he used a weight loss supplement (animal cuts) on his second cycle of bulk/cut and he claimed to have lost 1% more bodyfat in the same time as when he did it without them. He cycled with 3 weeks on, 1 off, 3 weeks on, 1 off, 3 on, 1 off.. total of 12 weeks (about 3 months) and lost a little bit over a pound of bodyfat more, for a price of about 150$ .. Whether these results were due to the product at hand or just having a better diet, he couldnt tell. Dont waste your money on stupid weight loss supplements, the effectiveness to cost ratio is just not worth it unless you are preparing for a bodybuilding competition, where that 1 pound will make a difference.
 DiannaBall
Msg: 10
Hydroxycut, etc...
Posted: 1/15/2010 3:55:44 PM
Pod~ Clenbuterol is the way to go. It works. And so does a super clean diet. Combine the 2 and it is great. Simple solution.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 11
Hydroxycut, etc...
Posted: 1/16/2010 4:51:19 AM
You can still buy Ephedra....it is not illegal, it's just illegal to be in a SUPPLEMENT.
Most of it's dangers were overinflated by the press. It's safe in doses of 100mg per 24hrs or less and you MUST stay well hydrated...of course that goes without saying regardless...
 Scott3995
Msg: 12
Hydroxycut, etc...
Posted: 1/16/2010 7:55:55 AM

"My ex husband used an ECA stacker like hydroxycut before ephedra was banned. He lost weight but mostly lost muscle. He is now "skinny fat." And he's still an idiot."

Weird, I always thought you were a guy, lol. ECA brings up cortisol levels and stresses your CNS big time. If your diet is not high protein yeah you will lose muscle, and become a smaller version of yourself. Like putting an over sized shirt in a dryer, it will get smaller but still big in the wrong places.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Hydroxycut, etc...