Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Has anyone dealt with eruptive gingivitis??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Akizzej
Msg: 1
Has anyone dealt with eruptive gingivitis??Page 1 of 1    
I have searched for the subject in the search criterion, and no results so here goes. {I felt this was more a parenting question than a 'member oriented health&fitness' question}

My five {next week} year old had been having pain at his nightly teethbrushing sessions and so we paid a visit to the dentist. Turns out, eruptive gingivitis. {shocking for me because I thought I was following up on his brushings quite effectively and following great hygiene practises}

Now the situation is that we need further and much more comprehensive brushing and dental hygiene.. BUT he is not allowing me anywhere near his mouth with any instruments of any kind, be it fingers, brush or otherwise. He is intolerant of mouthwashes/rinses and even spits out the initial toothpaste that he places on his brush. {I then add extra when it's my turn to brush}

I'm saddened to say, that it's becoming a battle of wills - and brute force... because I know that it (brushing) has to be done but I am truly worried about the affect/effect it {my enforcement} would be having on him. That being said, to leave it to fester, is akin to inviting further trouble for the newly erupting secondary teeth and that is something I don't need.

Has anybody dealt with this before?? How did you overcome it?
 andso.itgoes
Msg: 2
Has anyone dealt with eruptive gingivitis??
Posted: 1/12/2010 10:08:02 AM
Seems like a dentist and/or oral hygienist would be the people to ask - but you can always try an online dating website.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/12/2010 2:42:29 PM

How did you overcome it?

Depends on the level of severity.

Mild - Improved oral hygiene should take care of it.

Painful - You may want to try some peroxyl mouth wash

Severe - If his lymph nodes are also swollen then most likely will need antibiotic treatment.

Couple of other things come to mind.

Never brush teeth directly after eating, if possible wait at least 2hrs.

Mental stress can exaggerate the symptoms, so the less of a big deal it is the better.
 Akizzej
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/12/2010 6:20:30 PM
Aaah, they did relocate it.. {the thread I mean}

and Thankyou FranknStein... for intelligent response that goes towards helping.

Dentist did indicate that it's at the 'mild' just needs better brushing technique stage, although the amount of blood that erupts, scares me.
I give him liquid paracetamol an hour before brushing, in the hope that this will help take th edge off any pain.
We also brush together, so that he can see me modelling brushing behaviors..
he has an electric rotating head toothbrush...

That two hour bit is tricky,

It's the 'mental stress' that I'm worried about, just thought other parents out there might have some 'ideas' on how to approach - that I might not come up with on my own.

Ta
 FirefoxRocks
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/25/2010 5:18:46 AM
Try oil pulling, you might get good results.

http://www.oilpulling.com/

Avoid sugars, carbonated drinks, milk and even diet sugars this will make it worse since your gums are inflamed. Try eating low carb vegetables. Broccoli is great for naturally cleaning the teeth while you chew it. It has to be eaten raw.

I suggest you get a sonic tooth brush I have one and it's great. It can help reverse gum disease, ask your dentist about them.
 urbanvenus
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2010 7:31:47 PM
Try sugar free gum with xylitol.

http://www.xylitol.org/
 ZenBeth
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/26/2010 7:28:30 PM
Akizzej is his toothbrush a soft bristle one? Also know that eating salty foods before brushing can help make the gums healthier like when using salt water after having teeth worked on. Dentists can also provide a medicated pre rinse that can deaden the gums so they don't hurt when you brush. Nice thing is, over time the brushing helps make for stronger gums and healthier teeth. Food choices are also important in preventing gum problems. ~Beth~
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Has anyone dealt with eruptive gingivitis??