Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is this common?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 12
Is this common?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

(witch i kinda lied I do go on there

You didn't "kinda" lied--you lied--to me, that's worse than wanting to add you on facebook!Why didn't you just tell her the truth? If you had done so, she wouldn't have asked about myspace.

If you didn't want to correspond with her on facebook, that's your prerogative; if she turned you down because of that, that's her prerogative.

Is this common.. with out face book no chatting?

I get requests from people with whom I have not even exchanged an email, so yes, it is common. I see people who have hundreds of "friends." They can't possibly chat with them all. I only add people whom I know or are friends of friends, but anyone can read what I post on my profile--I have nothing to hide.

LOL what is the big deal

She is asking the same thing--"What's the big deal about letting me see your profile on facebook?"
 rainman12
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Is this common?
Posted: 1/14/2010 7:36:14 PM
She totally wants to creep your profile....so unless you have anything embarrassing, why not? You can do the same. If it works out you'd add her anyway, if not you can always delete/block. If it's really a big issue for you though, move on to the next fishy.
 ICMUD
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Is this common?
Posted: 1/14/2010 8:04:23 PM
give her nothing dude, if she cant make some other way to talk to u or just respond by emails, then be more honest and tell her your just RED CARDED her!

i also have several ways to communicate to girls, but they just seem not to have the same ways of communication until they dont remember talking to you a few days ago and asking if you have msn

this girl sounds like you need a RED FLAG up
 urkidding
Msg: 18
Is this common?
Posted: 1/14/2010 8:29:53 PM
I think way too much time has already been wasted on this back and forth just go meet her and u will know if she is a weirdo in an hour or so.... then you won't have to wonder anymore, If people don't leave the house or want to meet, their is a reason, and they have issues. No one on a dating site she need caoxing and if they do, they are not ready to be here.
 EvilLolli
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Is this common?
Posted: 1/14/2010 8:43:32 PM
It always cracks me up when people ask me for a face book or my space addy. I don't have either. I don't need them to keep in touch with friends/family. What would she do if you don't have one of those sites?

Maybe she plans on cyber-stalking you, or is really not interested but wants to play along? Who knows, but if you don't want to add her to your site, don't and move on. It's not that big of a deal.

What did people do before face book or my space?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 33
Is this common?
Posted: 1/15/2010 2:12:48 PM

too much personal information is there - pictures of my kid, my last name,

This is why I don't put my last name on my facebook account! I also didn't put it on my Yahoo instant messenger account because if you do, when you add someone, your real name can show up if you are not careful.

I had a request to add a man with whom I had been talking to on Yahoo for several days. He had asked my name and I wouldn't tell him. When I added him, he crowed, "Now I will find out your last name!"

No, he didn't. He got "Wanderer," which is not even close to my surname.

People who need to know my last name, know it.
 MsMicki
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Is this common?
Posted: 1/15/2010 4:58:37 PM
I have allow friends and family as friends on Facebook.

If I added every guy I talk to on here....I'd have hundreds of friends!!!
No thanx! Don't need any man I don't know personally... knowing what I do day to day.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Is this common?
Posted: 1/15/2010 8:07:10 PM
If she's your age, it is retarded. But, people have their various quirks about communication. I use my e-mail for business and I still get tons of junk mail even with the filters so I prefer to e-mail here, less likely that I will intend to open an e-mail later and then it gets pushed far enough down into the queue that I inadvertently don't return it.

But, that is apparently off-putting to some, I figure if we can't manage to agree on a way to communicate, probably not worth worrying about because there are likely many other areas of incompatibility.

Do you really care if a chick that would actually cross you off as a potential for not communicating on Facebook is going to be a huge loss in your life?

Valid point there... so there's a good school of thought on that subject. Personally I feel comfortable getting to know someone a little bit first via email/instant messenger before meeting as it would give me some good clues on what kind of conversation topics to discuss, which place to make reservations at (i.e. She prefers Italian over Asian food, so... Gavi) etc. I'll be able to see what I'm doing a bit instead of taking random potshots in the dark, you know?

I agree, hitting the phone or meeting when I know nothing about someone is too much like cold calling in sales but for some people, that is too much wasted time. You gotta wonder if some people have just adopted the mindset of the terminally ill. When someone is in that big a hurry, seems to me that they are way too invested in finding the next person in their life and will be apt to hook up with anyone they are talking to regardless of having anything in common, etc.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is this common?