Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > HELP ME PLEASE!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 curlygrl
Msg: 3
HELP ME PLEASE!!!Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
No Contact.

No contact with her. No contact with people who can tell you what she
is up too. Nothing. Zilch. NO CONTACT. No texting. No drunk dialing.

NOOOOOTTTTTHHHHIIINNNNGGGG.

Get mourning the relationship. Get your s h i t together. Get your life
in order. Meet new people.

Its going to kill you - but who means more to you than you????

False hope - NOOOOO - NO hope at all. Move on and find someone who
does not lie, cheat, project thier bad behaviors back to you and have you
believing it is your fault. Nothing. NO CONTACT.
Start tonight.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 4
view profile
History
HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Posted: 1/16/2010 6:35:43 PM

caring everything a man could want. But then about 6 months ago we moved in together which really ruined the relationship the spark just went.
You moved in during the "honeymoon" period and then you found out you didn't have enough with each other to keep it going.
Then one of my friends told me recently that a couple of weeks after the break she was already goin on dates with an ex!!! I rang her straight away to find out what was happening and all she could say was "i haven't done anything wrong" which technically she hasn't but it's the fact that she "didn't want a relationship right now"
You're no longer gf/b/f so you don't have any business asking her about her romantic life. .. and .. who says she's "in a relationship" with anybody??

She later told me theres nothing going on between them and they just went out once. Anyway to get to the point and stop boring you ive been with her and some friends tonight and shes just constantly texting which is killing me because i know she's flirting with other guys. Should i stay friends with her or get rid and if so how? she's already told me that we will never be back together which hurts but i still keep giving myself false hope thinking that we will somehow.
You should distance yourself from her until you're not so "raw" from the breakup.. You're not capable of just being a platonic friend right now.

Is it over?
Who knows.. What I do know is you should be treating it like it is and get yourself over her so you can see the beauty in others.. You already know you aren't capable of sustaining a live in relationshp with her .. what do you want from her??
 CommonSensible
Msg: 16
HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Posted: 1/17/2010 9:47:17 PM
Mate.. be glad you arent tied to her with a kid.

This is what becoming a REAL Man is about.

Be glad you are DONE with that twit bird.
 curlygrl
Msg: 20
HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Posted: 1/22/2010 6:21:55 PM
^^^
Dont answer her. NO Contact.

Let her wail all she wants. She means none of it. She just wants your attention.

She made her choice. She now lives it.

She is not your friend. She is nothing. She has lost. Its killing her.

Power is good isnt it??

She will not change. She will be nice and then she will devalue you and
discard you once again. Stick it out. You can do this. Do it for YOU.

Mr. Ex man must be fccking up. Good . Let her hurt like she hurt you -
YOU have an opportunity to have a great life without Miss Fallback.

Keep the door shut. Remember what she told you - she will never go back -
remember how you felt??? Beaten down. Yeah well now she is feeling the
beat down. Good. Fcck her. No Contact.

Do not feel empathy for a cheater and a liar. She has not and will never change
and just use you until the next bloke comes along.

YOU have a chance to meet a woman who is deserving of you. Heal and go
find that woman.
 Cruisingdown
Msg: 21
HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Posted: 1/22/2010 6:33:23 PM
2 1/2 yrs is nothing. Let it it go. You are just begging for more trouble and hurt. Not for her, but for you. Come back after you have been married for 20 years and one day she just walks out the door with only an explanation of she has to fix herself. LOL Let's not forget to mention she even screwed me the night before she left. Her reason. She jsut wanted to be held in my arms one more time before she left. When you have reached that point jump on back in here. Then maybe I will listen to you cry. LOL

Seriously, just stay away. I can almost guarantee you that the trying to be friends thing will never work and it will hurt even more. You will always put more into it than you get back in return. Trust me. Been there. Done that. Don't go back. You can spend all your time trying to over-analyze it or just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on. Take it from me and just move the f**k on.

Wish you luck.
 CommonSensible
Msg: 25
HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Posted: 1/23/2010 12:11:56 PM
What's the confusing part? Are you a dishrag to only be used to clean up another man's plate?

Or are you a MAN. Wait.. 21.. sorry I asked. You have 13 more years to reach that status.

Just remember ONE THING at all times..

CONDOMS.

If you use them religiously AND take the used ones HOME with you, you'll never be tied to twits like this one.

Remember, an erection gets aided by gravity when it needs blood. Sucks your brain dry.

now THAT's confusion.
 Unfold
Msg: 31
HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Posted: 1/25/2010 1:08:51 PM
The best advise I can give you is go back and real curlygrl’s posts everyday because she is Spot On!

Read them morning, noon, & night if need be! You have already seen the shift in power by going No Contact and that is not a coincidence! Your balls are now back in possession by their rightful owner… time to move forward!

This girl (at this stage of her life) is toxic for you!
 parry10
Msg: 35
view profile
History
HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Posted: 1/29/2010 9:25:23 AM
Dude, you're the one holding out hope here. I can read between the lines and it's clear as day.

Do whatever you want though. Why are you asking for advice and then sabatoging it all.

There is a phrase I have come to believe more and more through life.

"People treat you exactly how you allow them to treat you"

In other words, you now have nobody to blame but yourself for allowing this.

Let's say you reach into a box and there is a rattlesnake in there and it bit you......well, the first time, it's not your fault.......and you get mad at the snake. That's fair.

However, if you reach in again, knowing it's a rattlesnake and, again, you get bit, is that the snake's fault? The snake is what it is......but you keep going back to get bitten again. It's now your fault.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > HELP ME PLEASE!!!