Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > why do men hurt women for      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SecretSpice
Msg: 2
why do men hurt women for Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
If he left you with the clothes on your back that must mean that you had nothing before him. He is out of your life - not your life. Stop looking for men to take care of you ... learn to take care of yourself.
 Spoken For
Msg: 4
view profile
History
why do men hurt women for
Posted: 1/19/2010 6:04:24 AM
If he is still in possession of property that belongs to you, the way to get it back is to show up at his house with a police officer, and tell him you are there to get your things, would he please step out of the way? And then get your stuff.
 *november babee*
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2010 6:37:54 AM
how can he have taken them from you..? thats theft..? same as above poster said, you get the receipts or some proof of purchase and the police and go get him out of YOUR place, although i suspect the place was in joint names and you had a lodger in as you arnt working and needed the money for bills rent etc...?? true...???

you just have to live and learn honey bee, make sure you get something in writing next time you share a house with ANYBODY, keep receipts for purchases, and make sure you stand up for your rights.. if this man of yours has treated you soo badly, why are you having such a hard time letting go of him and moving on...?
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/19/2010 6:57:34 AM

reply back to **** face secret spice i had a life of my own i know how to look after my self i had my own unit and i had all my own stuff that he took from me so dunt judge a book by it's cover

You ask a question and get an answer you don't like and call posters names.

I don't know what dunt is, but stop crying and get a good job and an education.
Take care of yourself and stop expecting a man to take care of you.

Falling on deaf ears.. i dunt no whut 2 tel u thin

You state in your profile you want to be pampered..gawd. Grow up.
Still looking to be cared for.
 honeyangel1985
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/19/2010 7:00:52 AM
OP, he can only take if you allow him to.

Men only hurt women if women allow them to. Be strong and don't tolerate men's crap, lies, games, and bs.

When my ex was hauled off for domestic violence a few years back by the police, his crap was still in my place. My lawyer asked the judge what to do about it and the judge said to me "it's your exes problem, not yours".

Not wanting his crap in my place, I packed up his crap myself and it was taken away bymy lawyer and given to my exes lawyer.
 carolann0308
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2010 1:12:06 PM
Don't get so defensive for starters.
Any reason why you just gave up all your stuff and walked away? I don't know how things work in Australia but in the US if a former roommate has your furniture you can go to small claims court and a sheriff's deputy will stand by as you remove your things.
You will get on with your life when you learn to stand up for yourself and never allow a guy or a roommate to take advantage of you like this again. t is all about YOUR attitude.
 EmotionallyDetached
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/19/2010 4:27:16 PM

reply back to **** face secret spice i had a life of my own i know how to look after my self i had my own unit and i had all my own stuff that he took from me so dunt judge a book by it's cover

WTF??????????? Isn't that just grand! The OP gets tough with a forum user but not with the dude that leaves her down and out with just the clothes on her back. Amazing!

First off, if you are gonna bash someone over something YOU posted, learn grammar and spelling first. Second, you ask and the forum users answers. No one here is to blame because YOU ALLOWED some dude you lived with to take advantage of you under your own roof. Doesn't matter if he did "the bird" or kicked you out of your own place, you didn't do anything about it. You could have, ummm IDK, CALLED THE POLICE!
 honeyangel1985
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/19/2010 9:06:55 PM
^^^ gonna? And you bash the OP and tell her to learn grammar and spelling.
 Padawan61
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2010 11:20:10 PM
^^^^^"gonna" is in the dictionary ... contraction of "going to".

"dunt" is to strike, esp. with a dull sound.

i dunt think very highly of him

so dunt judge a book by it's cover

So how is "thinking" and "judging" equal to: strike with a dull sound?? Unless the OP lashes out at people everytime she thinks and judges.

OP: Sounds like he didn't take everything. You are posting on POF, so you have access to a computer of some sort. From your profile ... you speak of what you want from a partner (i.e. "pampered taking away to a surprise location"). What do you have to offer in a relationship?? Other than a warm body.
 Bohemian702
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/21/2010 1:41:16 PM
They hurt women because they can fell power over it. The same reason pedophiles bet on childrens fear, those scary eyes make them feel powerful.
 dangerouscurves02
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/21/2010 2:03:47 PM
because they can be self centered and think that the only thing that matters in life is them. some dont understand that everyone is not out to get them. but people are that way, im so sorry for what happened, and i truly believe someone with an ugly character never finds true happiness because they dont first have it within themselves, be happy that you left now and are preparing for something bigger and better in life...it happens to the best of us....
 Kathrianna
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/21/2010 2:12:45 PM
They do this because they can, that is the long and short of it. The same question can be asked of women that hurt men and take everything they have before walking off with the best friend.
What this is...is a fresh start and an opportunity to react to, get mad at and get over the thing, apparently I would say that perhaps if you have been here since before the breakup that somewhere in your heart you saw the signs but were just to blind to see, I know a little about that. Just try if you can to see that you are better meeting someone new and chalk it up to the fact if he did it to you, his karma will likely take care of things on his own and it will happen again, just not to you.
And for the record I walked away from my marriage with 2 suitcases and a teddy bear but I had my pride, my soul and my future ahead of me.
 txredbull
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2010 2:30:46 PM
Step 1. Take Ownership. I was not ALL his fault he left you.
Step 2. End Denial. Accept its happened, learn if you can how you contributed to it, move on, don't make the same mistakes. At this point, it is what it is. He was probably an a$$ for not helping you a bit but since we don't know the whole story we can't know that for sure.

I'm sorry for your loss.
 chaswhatif
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2010 6:34:47 PM
My pal paid rent on her place,moved in w/him.When he showed the bad side she moved back.
Ya gotta be ready.But most guys are not weasels.
 DiannaBall
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/21/2010 6:37:58 PM
And you are already looking for long term on here after a traumatic break up?? Move on. Get your own place, take care of you. And HoneyAngel for Gawd Sakes Emotionally Detached did that on purpose. Geez. I think I know why some people have drama.
 EmotionallyDetached
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/21/2010 7:01:00 PM

Not wanting his crap in my place, I packed up his crap myself and it was taken away bymy lawyer and given to my exes lawyer.

@honeyangel1985:

Sweetie, the word "gonna" IS in the dictionary---CHECK IT OUT. Also, you miss spelled "exes", which is plural for "ex". Unless you were talking about the same thing happening to you with ten different men, you could use a little grammar and spelling check as well.

BTW, you misspelled it twice. The correct way in the post YOU made is "ex's".

Have a good one!
 TorroRosso91
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2010 7:59:14 PM
^^^^ pwn3d!!11!. Oh. I mean Owned!!!. Don't want the spelling and grammar special agents after me.
 carmensimone
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/31/2010 5:48:21 PM
Wow Jason! You're a real life bag of shit.......cry baby
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2010 2:39:10 AM
Jason you have psycho written all over you and if they miss that
you will flat out tell them lol.

Men hurt women because they can, so don't let them.
Always be in self protection mode.
 Komay1
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/2/2010 1:07:24 PM
Where do I start?

being pampered.... i would love 2 be pampered

Do you know what this sounds like? "I want you to provide for me!" The N/A in your 'smarts' category, and your profession also tells a bit of a story.

Beyond that the only way he can actually keep something after a breakup is if the property is his. If he paid for it, maintained it, etc etc, it's his. If you left with nothing but clothes and cats, it's because that's all you had to your name, and he didn't want the cats...

So how do you move on? Well, the obvious answer is to get your own place and support yourself. If you can manage that, then you'll find someone eventually.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/2/2010 1:56:44 PM
I hope the cats are O.K.!

As for the humans . . . .Grrrrr!

People mess with relationships and related things, they have no clue about!
They have false expectations, and ridiculous notions about love and so forth!

Then things, blow up, fall apart or get derailed, and they get all bent out of shape and all too often start blaming, pointing their little fingers and feeling sorry for themselves!

Spend some time and INVEST in awareness and knowledge in such matters. PLEASE!
 pirateheaven
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2010 7:17:21 PM

i dunt

Am I the only one or is someone else hearing Ricky Ricardo say "dunt"?
 joefleur
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2010 8:40:41 PM
Opposition Stirs
Opposition brightens and adds spice to ones life,
Awakens spirit and spurs us all on.
It’s a well spring of life that won’t be denied,
There’s much delight in pro. versus con.
Is progress the opposite of congress?
I’m not sure maybe time will tell.
But these are opposites that can’t be avoided,
As ones life weaves it’s magic spells.
There’s magic in the hearts of those that believe,
Love and courage will always stand.
Hate and cowards bring anger and fear,
But the difference is what makes life grand.
These contrasts are certain, life wont be denied,
So quit resisting and enjoy the ride,
Bundle warm in the cold or get hot in the sun,
But find joy every minute outside.
Cold ice cream covered hot cherry pie
Is surely a fat mans delight.
Juices are sour and sweet all at once,
But it’s ours to choose what is right.
The joy of the crowd as it shouts for it’s team
Is unnerving yet thrilling and loud.
But quiet is found in the stillness of night,
Which calms the soul in a star studded shroud.
As in life we are twain, both body and soul
And the needs of these two must be filled.
Ones body is thrilled and the spirit is inspired,
It’s with opposition and contrast we build.
And who gets to decide? Are we spirit or thought?
Or just maybe these two are the same.
Yet the excitement felt or the stillness inside,
Both are important to us just the same.
Opposition stirs and awakens our minds,
While it needles and prickles our souls.
It quickens the spirit and sharpens the wit
And makes all our dull lives seem bold.
E.J.LaFleur
 thistime05
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2010 9:21:43 PM
hope things work out....sorry that everything happened this way OP
 B1945
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/19/2010 4:42:32 PM
I totally disagree with this comment. I as married in 1977 and I had a home fully furnished that I worked hard for and help pay for. I however, was in an abusive relationship. When I left all I took was a suitcase of close and let him have everything else. I got on that big old plane and got out of there and never looked back. We were married in 1977 and I put up with his beating me and all the mental abuse I could. I lost every thing. I never looked back. I left him in1980. Had I not I would not be alive today to tell this story. I didn't even take the car that we both paid for. All I wanted was to get the h-ll away from him.
P.S. He was one of those Bad Assed Marines who thought of me as one of his privates.
Furthermore I have never had and never will have a man take care of me. I can manage that on my own very well.
This kind of ticked me off.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > why do men hurt women for