Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > easy shrimp recipes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SAguy_06
Msg: 2
view profile
History
easy shrimp recipesPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Shrimp and potato diablo...

2 large potatos- peel and cut into bit size pieces
deep fry until crisp, remove and hold

4 scallions diced
1/4 bell pepper small diced
1 garlic glove smashed and diced
1 serrano pepper diced fine/ or 1 rounded tblspn red pepper flake
1/4 tomato diced fine

seasoned shrimp
20ct shrimp cleaned and butterflied
salt and pepper
chilli powder
paprika

in a saute pan, heat 1 tblspn oil add
scallions, bell pepper, garlic, serrano and tomato...saute till tender
add fried potatos and mix well
add shrimp and saute till shrimp is cooked
add more chili powder and paprika for color

plate and enjoy
 mykidsmama
Msg: 3
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 1/23/2010 10:01:24 AM
Garlic Shrimp & Chicken over Rice

baked chicken breast, cubed (about 4)
raw shrimp (1- 600g bag)
instant rice (3 cups)
1 jar of dry garlic sauce

Peel the shrimp and throw it in a pan with butter and garlic salt....let cook about 1.5 minutes, then toss in the cubed chicken and dry garlic sauce. Let simmer for up to 5-7 minutes. Make your rice. pour the mixture over the rice...and Yum!
 ~*Diamond*~
Msg: 4
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 1/23/2010 10:10:28 AM
I know this is totally off topic! But it wouldnt be like the first time I was scolded.

mykidsmama! I love the handle! That is what I always say... I am my kids mom!
 Dovelett
Msg: 5
view profile
History
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 1/23/2010 11:01:14 AM
Nachos
12 oz. shrimp cooked peeled deveined chopped (buy bags of frozen shrimp
1 ½ c Cheddar cheese shredded
1/2 c green chiles chopped, drained
1/3 c green onions sliced
1/4 c black olives sliced, drained
1/2 c mayo
6 dozen round tortilla chips

Chop shrimp coarsely. Combine shrimp- cheese- chiles- green onions n mayo. Arrange chips on a baking sheet. Spoon about 1 ½ tsp. shrimp mixture on each chip.
Bake 350 ° F about 5 minutes or until cheese melts.

another easy delicious recipe

Grilled Garlic Shrimp by Susana Delicious

3/4 c olive oil
3 T. thyme leaves freshly chopped
1 ½ T. ancho chili powder
6 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
24 large shrimp shelled deveined
Salt ñ freshly ground black pepper
3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
wooden skewers soaked in water

Heat grill to medium or use a broiler
Whisk together ¼ cup oil- 2 tablespoons thyme- ancho powder - chopped garlic in small bowl. Skewer shrimp - brush with marinade.

Place remaining ½ cup oil in small pan- add sliced garlic – sauté sliced garlic to lightly golden brown. Remove garlic slices with slotted spoon to plate lined with paper towels. Reserve oil.

Increase heat of grill to high.

Remove shrimp from marinade- season with salt ň pepper -grill until golden brown on each side- about 1½ minutes per side. Remove shrimp from skewers- to a platter -drizzle with some of reserved garlic oil n garlic chips. Sprinkle with remaining thyme- garnish with oregano leaves.
 mulligan69
Msg: 6
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 4/15/2010 11:56:40 AM
Shrimp Frittata

I found this recipe on the web not too long ago. It has quickly become a huge favorite of mine - the perfect brunch menu item. The recipe is great with shrimp, but you can interchange it with pretty much anything, very versatile and easy.

• 6 large eggs, preferably organic
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• a handful of fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
• zest of 1 lemon
• juice of 1/4 of a lemon
• 1 heaping tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 6—7 oz. fresh shelled medium shrimp
• a good dollop of butter
• olive oil
• 1/2 a dried red chili, crumbled

Directions
Preheat the oven to 425°F.

In a bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper, then add the parsley, lemon zest and juice, and the Parmesan.

Roughly chop half the shrimp, leaving the rest whole, and add all of them to the bowl.

In a small, heavy, nonstick ovenproof pan, heat the butter with a good splash of oil until it begins to foam, then add all the egg mixture.

Slowly move a spoon around the eggs for about a minute on a medium heat, then put the pan into the oven. (You often get frittatas that are very well cooked, but I’d rather have it in a hot oven for a shorter amount of time so there’s a little color on top and the middle’s cooked but not absolutely set.)

Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, till slightly golden — it will rise slightly and will have a delicious lightness to it.

Sprinkle the chili over it and slide it onto a board.

Great served with a simple arugula salad, good bread, and a glass of wine.
 Dovelett
Msg: 7
view profile
History
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 4/19/2010 7:52:59 AM
Shrimp Easy Tasty

12 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 cup green onion, minced
2 pounds large shrimp, cooked and chopped. I use cooked****ail shrimp
3 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish

Beat the cream cheese, salad dressing and mayonnaise together until well blended. Stir in green onions, shrimp, Tabasco sauce, seasoned salt and horseradish. Cover, chill 6-8 hours. Serve with assorted party crackers.
 Dovelett
Msg: 8
view profile
History
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 8/3/2010 4:42:30 PM
12 jumbo shrimp
2 egg whites, beaten
1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups vegetable oil
1 1/2 sticks butter
Juice of 1 lemon
1 egg yolk
1 T. minced chives
2 garli cloves minced
1 T. parsley minced
1 T. dill minced
1 T. cream

Dip shrimp in lightly beaten egg whites, then dip in flour. Add oil to skillet and heat. Add shrimp, making sure they do not touch. Cook just until pink; remove from skillet to paper towels. When cooking, do not turn shrimp so as not to disturb crust.

Preheat oven to broil. Place shrimp in baking pan and broil until a bit brown. Remove from oven and pour sauce over shrimp.

SAUCE: Combine butter, lemon juice, egg yolk, chives, garlic, parsley and dill. Cook at the lowest possible heat until thick. Stir in cream and pour over shrimp.

I usually use about 1 pound of 16/24 shrimp. Lovwshrimp and this is one of my favorite recipes

Anyone have Lobster rolls? I personally love lobster...Hj
 smartypants24
Msg: 9
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 8/3/2010 5:43:23 PM
Grilled Shrimp
Mix olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, fresh minced garlic, pepper, and parsley together in a bowl (measurements to your own taste). Drizzle over raw shrimp/prawns and let sit for 1 hour. Thread onto skewers and BBQ over med heat until they just turn red. Sooo yummy
 Dovelett
Msg: 10
view profile
History
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 8/10/2010 9:59:31 AM
Moncia Sauce So Delicious

Works great with crawfish OR well with shrimp- oysters -crabmeat or scallops -I used over lobster also.

1 lb. shrimp peeled- OR 1 lb. lump crabmeat- OR 1 lb. crawfish tails- boiled ñ peeled
1 stick butter (DO NOT USE margarine.
1 pint half-ñ-half
1 generous bunch of green onions chopped
3 - 10 garlic cloves chopped to your taste
1-2 T. Creole Seasoning

Melt butter in large pot - sauté onions with garlic 3 minutes. Add seafood - sauté 2 minutes. Add half-ñ –half with several big pinches of Creole seasoning- tasting before next pinch -until you think it's right. Cook 5 - 10 minutes over medium heat until sauce thickens. Let it sit 10 minutes or so over very low heat- stirring often. Serve immediatelywith seafood.
 DriftingInTheWishingWell
Msg: 11
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 8/10/2010 4:45:51 PM
If you REALLY want to bring out the best shrimp has to offer, poach them in Beurre Monte..

According to Wiki:
Beurre monté refers to melted butter that remains emulsified, even at temperatures higher than that at which butter usually breaks down. "Beurre monté" may refer either to the melted butter sauce itself, or to the method of making it.

To make beurre monte, cut butter into chunks and melt in a saucepan while stirring in 1/4 of the amount of water. Use a whisk and keep it moving, when you get it near 190 degrees, time to add shrimp. The trick is to keep it at this temp while cooking to keep the butter from "breaking."

1-2lbs of very large shrimp, 4-6 count per pound. Peel and devein shrimp. Place one or two at a time in the beurre monte sauce and keep covering the shrimp with sauce, add shrimp as necessary but keep it all constantly moving. The more shrimp you add, the quicker it cools the beurre monte so use more heat, and as the shrimp warms while cooking, remove from heat as you constantly stir, etc. Like I said, the trick is keeping the beurre monte at 190F and keeping it moving.

Poach shrimp until it barely turns opaque and serve on a fork as is, with just the beurre monte sauce. This my fellow fishies, is shrimp SO tender and SO tasteful, and SO close to lobster in taste and texture, it is to die for!

Other shellfish respond equally well to poaching in beurre monte so try some scallops or some lobster..

Dovelett
Msg: 12
view profile
History
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 8/11/2010 6:51:02 PM
Driftinginthe wishingwell

Oh My ..... YOUR "Beure Monte Sauce listed above ---I am going to love this with lobster or scallops...thxs so much...

beurre monte, cut butter into chunks and melt in a saucepan while stirring in 1/4 of the amount of water. Use a whisk and keep it moving, when you get it near 190 degrees, time to add shrimp. The trick is to keep it at this temp while cooking to keep the butter from "breaking."

When U use white wine with butter is there any particular wine U like to use?

Anyone?
 Apollodorus
Msg: 13
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 9/6/2010 5:52:57 PM
shrimp is my favorite thing to eat, I'll have to try all these recipes
 DriftingInTheWishingWell
Msg: 14
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 9/6/2010 6:40:21 PM

When U use white wine with butter is there any particular wine U like to use?

Anyone?

Whatever's on sale.
 Dovelett
Msg: 15
view profile
History
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 10/3/2010 11:02:42 AM
Here is a couple more for U

Seafood Sautéed with Vermouth

Serves 2
2 T. butter as needed
½ tsp. garlic*
6 ozs. crab-scallops or lobster meat fresh diced
4 shrimp large x-large or jumbo cleaned peeled deveined

1 oz. vermouth
1 T. sour cream
¼ c. bread crumbs or use Panko sprinkled over top with melted butter

Sauté seafood with butter ñ garlic NOT too much heat - add vermouth to deglaze pan.
Transfer seafood to buttered casserole dish *
Put sour cream n bread crumbs over the seafood – bake or broil until hot-watch closely as not to burn.

Notes*~ sometimes I slice very thin sliced mushrooms seasoned with salt ñ pepper ñ add either at beginning when adding butter ñ garlic or I add when I add the seafood
Ñ sometimes I throw in mozzarella cheese at the end also.
Can sub for wine if U so choose also.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seafood ñ Creamed Brandy Sauce with Zing
Serves 4

1 stick butter
2 green onions diced - use some stems too
1 T. garlic minced
little red crushed pepper flakes for that bite zing optional
salt ñ pepper to taste

¼ c. whiskey-bourbon-cognac or brandy
¼ c. white wine
½ pint heavy cream
½ c. *shrimp or mix with some scallops

squeeze of little lemon or use tad of zest (optional or *wedges
Add pecorino or romano cheese grated for garnish with parsley chopped
Sauté scallions-garlic ñ very little red crushed pepper flakes in butter- add salt ñ pepper.
Add whiskey or brandy ñ flame (light on fire with a match until flame goes out.- be careful.
Add wine. Reduce to one half -by boiling. Add cream. Simmer till thickened- about 15 minutes.
Add *seafood meat ñ heat through. Add garnish
Serve over or between toasted bread –pasta –rice or veggies

Notes~ use mixture of clams-crab-lobster-octopus – with all ready mention seafood or use just one of items.
If U don’t want to add lemon juice to sauce serve with lemon sliced wedges.
 Dovelett
Msg: 16
view profile
History
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 10/10/2010 10:31:32 AM
Famous Breaded Fried Shrimp Hint ~ Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp
Serves 2

www dinnisselect com/Recipes html

dinniselect dot com go to the left of page n several recipes n pictures

U know how to put all the above together with dots n etc.

Pile on a bed of shredded cabbage or lettuce ñ garnish with scallions or add some sirrachra or chili oil n mix together.

Notes~ can eat these by themselves or place on a bed of brown rice cooked.
Or
I decided to make a sauce little cheaper than the denniselect sauce

~Sauce
1/4 c. mayonnaise with 1/4 c. sour cream mix or just the mayo
or use some Thousand Island Dressing
adding to one of the above with some thai sweet chile oil or use sirrachra hot sauce - very little like a drop or - mixed together well is a great tasy sauce!

toss shrimp with sauce garnish with chopped green onion
 Dovelett
Msg: 17
view profile
History
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 10/11/2010 6:17:36 PM
[quoteWhen I have grilled shrimp in restaurants, they are not all balled up, but when I try to grill them at home, no matter how short a time I grill them, they curl up. Any suggestions how to prepare them as the restaurants do?

I think they soak them in something. If you do a SEARCH back some one posted about one process used with Shrimp in the title.
/quote]

Wasn't it baking soda they used to soak them in ??
 ShellLadySD
Msg: 18
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 10/12/2010 11:02:23 AM
Pazoozoo- please forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but one of my own kiddo's missed it and had overcooked grilled shrimp...
She'd purchased the tail-on cooked shrimp, rather than raw, and she'd used a marinade with vinegar ( or citrus, can't remember) so the shrimp was probably overcooked before it even hit the grill.

placing the shrimp very close together on skewers or in a basket, or whatever you use to grill them will also help keep them from being overdone.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 19
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 5/26/2011 9:44:07 PM
This is quick and pretty much idiot proof. I should say that I like that taste of food, so I don't mess with seasonings. At all.

Saute raw/frozen/fresh shrimp until almost done, add two chopped tomatoes, three chopped green onions, and a diced stalk of celery. Continue cooking for about 2 - 3 minutes.

That's it. Done. Yummy.
 leadpipe1958
Msg: 20
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 6/15/2011 8:09:06 PM
Cajun Shrimp
Start with a hot heavy frying pan.Peel and dry your shrimp(1LBS) use fresh shrimp.
Add a tbs of butter then add shrimp.Toss till covered with butter then add the secret ingredient.Tiger sauce,It is a Cajun blacking sauce.add half a bottle and fry till black on both sides about 10 minutes.Serve over white rice and butter.I have used some rice to clean up the pan and get all that good black hot sauce on the rice and add to the rice.
I will be happy to make the dish for any lady that would enjoy a romantic dinner.
Just asking
A great dish
 Vannili
Msg: 21
view profile
History
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 6/23/2011 11:22:14 PM
Is Beurre monte" a clarified butter ???
 rbm35057
Msg: 22
view profile
History
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 7/1/2011 2:44:42 PM
if you love shrimp,i have a recipe for an appetizer----- clean and devein your shrimp, cut small pieces of sliced pineapple and put on top and bottom of shrimp and then wrap ahalf slice of bacon around it tightly, fry slowly about 15 to 20 minutes untill golden brown. delicious
 notjustfishnchips
Msg: 23
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 7/23/2011 1:52:14 PM
@rbm, that sounds delicious! We normally wrap the shrimp with bacon that's been cooked but not yet crisp. Put each of them through/on skewers, brush with barbecue sauce and then broil or grill til shrimp is pink.
 Lolita_LeBron
Msg: 24
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 7/26/2011 8:30:56 AM
@Dovelett:
You mentioned Panko bread crumbs. Where can I get this? I have never seen it in any store I have shopped at.
 Dovelett
Msg: 25
view profile
History
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 7/26/2011 3:56:05 PM
Lolita

They are Japanese bread crumbs in a box usually by Kinkomann not spelling correctly. However, Ask the managers where they are. Some are located in Asain isles and others around bread crumbs. Hope this helps
Panko
They are about $1.28 a box here and good size box.
 Dovelett
Msg: 26
view profile
History
easy shrimp recipes
Posted: 7/26/2011 4:02:40 PM
Vannili
Is Beurre monte" a clarified butter ???

Beurre monté refers to melted butter that remains emulsified, even at temperatures higher than that at which butter usually breaks down. "Beurre monté" may refer either to the melted butter sauce itself, or to the method of making it.

Making beurre monte~ cut butter into chunks ñ melt in a saucepan while stirring in 1/4 of amount of water. Use whisk or hand wand - keep it moving, when you get it near 190 ° F. degrees time to add shrimp. The trick is to keep it at this temp while cooking to keep butter from "breaking."

Hope this helps
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > easy shrimp recipes