Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > I need a breakfast casserole recipe      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jojoaus
Msg: 6
view profile
History
I need a breakfast casserole recipePage 1 of 1    
Not entirely sure of the parameters of a brekky casserole as that term isn't used in Aus but! I saw a recipe the other day for baked breakfast eggs. Cut the tops off some smallish sourdough rolls and scoop the dough out. Make sure they can stand upright on a baking tray. Break 1 egg into each roll. Top with a scant 1/2 teasp. of cream, your herb of choice ( I used tarragon once, parsley the second time) and pop on a light sprinkling of fresh grated Parmesan. Bake for 12-15 m ins in a mod to hot oven. Scrummyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Oohhhhh... bake the lil roll tops too to pop on top when you serve.

Jo is an egg freak.....
 Liz463
Msg: 7
view profile
History
I need a breakfast casserole recipe
Posted: 1/30/2010 6:29:52 AM
Here's a scaled down version if you are not cooking for a crowd and need to use up some bread that is about to go stale:

7 slices of bread torn into about 6 pieces each ( I use sourdough or Italian bread)
7 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup sour cream
Dash of dry mustard
1 tsp salt (cut down if you are watching your salt intake)
1 tsp pepper
2 cups cooked sausage
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, Mexi-blend, swiss - whatever you like)
1-2 chopped green onions (optional)

Beat eggs, add milk, sour cream, mustard and salt/pepper and stir until blended.
Spray large layer cake dish (or small rectangular dish) with cooking spray and fill bottom with the torn apart bread
Pour egg mixture on top of bread
Sprinkle cheese on top
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour (Check for doneness by sticking a dry knife in center of dish, if it pulls out clean it is done.)
Serves 6-7 people or 4 very hungry ones.

I put in the onions because it gives it a little color and I like the hint of onion in it.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > I need a breakfast casserole recipe