Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > It's not POF its YOU!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JRob33
Msg: 1
view profile
History
It's not POF its YOU! Page 1 of 1    
As I stalk through the forums I see a definite pattern in the testimonial threads. Men and women alike seem to gravitate here to complain about this website, and how it's a waste of time, etc etc etc.

Well folks guess what. You were single (or should have been) when you came to this website so OBVIOUSLY whatever you were doing before wasn't working either. There are no guarantees in this life. It would seem to me that these people came here Expecting to find that one person Well most people come here HOPING to. This website doesn't owe you ANYTHING. While it's not perfect and it does have its drawbacks it also has it's upside just like everything else in this world.

I think people seem to have the attitude that they DESERVE to find their perfect match, BS! People are LUCKY to find that someone. I have been on here just a little over a year, and I'm still single (that's right ladies ) but is that my fault or the fault of the website? Actuallty it's my choice. While yes there are some "phonies" golddiggers, freaks, pervs, and down right creepy people on this site, guess what folks...they are out there in your daily life too. So I guess since you haven't found a wife at the local pub, or Strip club, or grocery store, it must be the fault of that particular establishment too.

I've talked to several people, met a few people and even dated one for a brief time. (I've also met people outside of this site, And now I'm single again...it must bee all the fault of the Evil internet dating site POF. Cause I was SOOOOOO happy before I came here right? Uh...NO I was single then too. And yes I've experienced the "dissapearing woman phenomenon, I've had a few Read Delted, and even a couple of the dreaded Unread Deleted. but ya know what OH WELL you move on. Ive also been in bars asked girls to dance and they said no..I didn't burn the freaking bar down...I danced with someone else.

Guys (and gals) you come to the testimonial threads to post negative stuff about a FREE site. Are you kidding me? Just maybe that negativity, and sense of entitlement. and apparent impatience is the reason this site hasn't worked for you? It tends to show through when people try to get to know you.

Now before the firestorm starts, I am speaking GENERALLY here of course peoples circumstances are different, and I know people will be screaming BUT BUT BUT, well if you feel what I have said doesn't apply then I guess I'n not talking to you. Although you might really want to ask yourself if it does!

I for one say thank you POF! I have enjoyed this site thoroughly. I have not yet found my princess, and I may not from this site, or anywhere for that matter. But thanks for giving me another avenue to try!

Ok I'm off my soapbox now.

Jason
 musicman212
Msg: 2
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 1/24/2010 11:04:00 AM
JRob33

You said it perfectly. The dating sites are indeed all the same. The internet just makes it easier to be rude and thoughtless,....so many people choose to be that. The particular site is irrelevant.

The gals will many times use the rationale that if they do send a reply and say "thank you for your e-mail, I'm still searching though", that they get psycho reactions no matter what, because the guy feels rejected and then sends terrible messages as a follow-up. I personally believe that to be a hollow excuse for lack of character, but am willing to listen, if some of the gals want to comment on this. Are ALL of the guys online doing that? Not a chance.

Now, any guy who would send a message to a woman that says, "hey baby, what's doing?" as an e-mail, doesn't deserve a reply and is a moron. We all agree on that. But what about when you take the time to write a detailed letter, complimenting them on their essay, their photo,..... and politely talk about their interests? What do you receive for that.

Nothing.

A bumper sticker that I once saw said,...."MEN HAVE FEELINGS TOO,....but who cares!"

It was a sports car with a good looking chick driving it.

And may heaven help the guy who dates THAT one. LOL.
 JRob33
Msg: 3
view profile
History
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 1/25/2010 4:36:20 AM
Ok, thats not really what I was trying to say..............
 musicman212
Msg: 4
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 1/25/2010 2:02:00 PM
JRob33

I understand what you really meant there,....I just couldn't resist adding my own perspective. You were trying to put a positive spin on it and I went for the sarcasm. I can't help it.

I'm just trying to wake up some of the little princesses out there. Right ladies? Now, stop doing your nails and answer some of those well written e-mails from the good guys who took the time to write to you. Shame, shame.

But anyway, JRob33, .....oh yes,.....a lot of us have in the past gone through the "I hate the losers and scumbags on POF " phase, but many, like myself, have matured beyond that and have actually returned. The site is simply a mirror of what the dating atmosphere is like out there right now, and it's not the greatest....I agree.

But being single is certainly no fun,....so, here we are,.....logging in again to the House of Horrors!

I love it.

And hate it.

No, wait,.......I love it.

Cybury,

Glad to see that I'm not the only one seeing it that way!
 Powerslave1231
Msg: 5
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 1/25/2010 2:08:01 PM
No its the site . This site is free so people join it to boost their own self esteem by shitting on others .
 musicman212
Msg: 6
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 1/25/2010 3:44:49 PM
Yes,....and the pay sites are whispering in reply,....."give IN to your hate Luke, and you will be mine,.......muahahaha,...."
 sca344
Msg: 7
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 1/25/2010 4:27:59 PM
I agree with jrob. Whats the difference in reading an email and them not replying than replying with thanks for your time, I am not interested. Either way it has the same conclusion. Why should women reply back to someone who they aren't attracted too? Why do you need acceptance from a stranger you don't know. If you think this is snobby of the women... then you shouldn't want to communicate with them anyways.

Just my 2 cents
 musicman212
Msg: 8
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 1/25/2010 4:32:22 PM
Why yes,....resistance is futile!

Vader and the Evil Emperor are COUNTING on some new victims,....(oops, I mean recruits),.....to add to the Empire's treasury. They created the pay sites.

The real anger is yet to come though,.....it's when that credit card gets triple charged and all those faked profile blondes don't answer. Hmmmm?

But this is all part of the maturing process.
 musicman212
Msg: 9
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 1/25/2010 5:01:30 PM
sca344

I get what you mean, but a lot of us (yourself included) write them high quality messages that DO merit a reply. Be careful not to encourage them to continue their despicable rudeness. There are nice ones who do answer,.....we're not talking about them though.

When I've run my full profiles/photos before,.... I do, like a lot of guys, get some e-mails from some very big gals (BBW). I'm not attracted to gals that big, but I always reply and say SOMETHING back. Some of the sweetest messages I've ever seen were from these big gals. So should I adopt the same icy and awful behavior displayed by some of the chicks on here, because I'm not attracted to them? Of course not.
 JRob33
Msg: 10
view profile
History
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 1/26/2010 1:48:04 AM
GEEZE! I wasn't trying to say anything about the whole man VS woman, or women do this or guys do that...I was just kinda tired of hearing EVERYBODY gripe about not finding LOVE on this free internet dating site, then getting bitter and blaming the site.
 sca344
Msg: 11
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 1/26/2010 3:19:49 PM
I really don't think out my messages... its usually just a one liner making fun of something in there profile. they usually reply just to defend their self :P....
 imonaboat87
Msg: 12
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 2/3/2010 4:33:42 AM
JRob33, you got it!

It doesn't matter if it's on PlentyOfFish, or in real life, some people will always be douches. And it really doesn't matter where they go, circumstances tend to never go their way. They will rife long and hard about the terrible odds, the cruel society, the evil government, they will tell stories of how the world is waging war against them.

But, I don't blame them. I know what it's like to have a dream, have a desire, and try as you might, you can't turn it into a reality. You begin to feel hopeless, depressed, you wonder "exactly why do I bother breathing? This isn't fun. Who benefits from my suffering?"

But, that's a very conditional love, you see. You say "give me the money and I'll feel love! But if I'm poor, I'm not capable of feeling love." You say "give me the perfect partner and I'll feel love! But if I'm single, I'm not capable of being in love." You say "give me the chiseled abs, and I'll feel love! But if I am obese, I'm not capable of loving myself." We base our experience on the conditions around us, as if somehow, their presence could decide our ability to feel pleasure, appreciation, elation, and happiness.

You just have to get happy where you are, even if you're single, there's no other way to go about it. Become so intoxicated in your self, life, living, adventure, excitement -- that you forget you're single. Get so happy that to others looking in it looks like you've already got a successful relationship. And then, the perfect partner will show up. It could be on PlentyOfFish, it could be at work, it could be in the supermarket. When you are ready, life unfolds naturally -- it will surprise you at how quickly and effortlessly it works. But you've got to do the initial work. You've got to practice unconditional love -- you feel love, because your natural state is to love. Not because a condition demands it, but because it is what you want at your deepest level as a human being.

logicalempire
Msg: 13
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:38:21 PM
If POF worked for every person.....then it would be a lot different, no?

The wrong tool? My photos. They drive nails with a screwdriver.......away.

mrvietnam
Msg: 14
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 3/26/2010 7:32:48 PM
okay...
just because the site is free doesn't mean it you cannot criticize it.
that's what testimonials are for, to bring out the good and the bad.
and to be honest with you i've pick up girls with other free sites went on date had girl friends and im yet to find a single girl to read my messages here.

so good luck with your successful life on POF...
 mrvietnam
Msg: 15
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 3/26/2010 7:38:10 PM
i think in person if you went up to a girl and said something interesting, she wouldnt unread and delete you. so no it's not you it's probably not POF but it's definitely the ego boost rhinos.
 justsomeoneelse
Msg: 16
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 3/27/2010 8:23:43 AM

Yep it's free. That's for certain. It's also one of the top ranking dating sites in the world and generates 10 million a year for it's owner. I have serious respect for that man. Not for the site.

Ahh. Adsense does wonders.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 17
view profile
History
It's not POF its YOU!
Posted: 5/3/2010 3:06:51 PM
It is NOT me! That's a bunch of BS.

PoF's main issue is this.

Most of us honed our skills as young males in "real" social meat markets. Thus many of us got used to actually being able to hold a halfway decent (at least we thought) conversation while being drunk as skunks.

Here on PoF everything so .....so....so Sober. Ewww.

If most of these women came on here drunk like they were back in the old days of Party Life our "hit" rate would be skyrocketing but sadly many have matured and no longer like the beer/liquor breath, brash behaviour and drunk dials. Sigh. Getting older sucks.

But don't blame me..I'm keeping my youth ..as long as I can...burp.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > It's not POF its YOU!