Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > A call to charge the parents for their childrens crimes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 debnco
Msg: 3
view profile
History
A call to charge the parents for their childrens crimesPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I agree parenting plays a HUGE part in the way these kids are , but so does kids learning from kids at school and thier friends what thier rights are ,and how far they can push the law .
The Justice system also has a lot to answer for .Kids know they are virtually untouchable .
I
 lew557
Msg: 5
view profile
History
A call to charge the parents for their childrens crimes
Posted: 1/25/2010 6:09:39 PM
Charge the parents, no question.
If your dog or cow runs into traffic and causes an accident you are liable. Parents should have more control over kids than people have over animals. You raise your own kids properly, they don't vandalize or hurt anyone, why should you as a member of society be expected to cop the cost of the actions of other peoples kids.
These kids did come from somewhere. I have a bit of an insight here, having worked with troubled kids from dysfunctional families for many years. It is just wonderful explaining to counselors that no you aren't the parent, you are no relation, the kids has asked you to take him because the school or court has insisted he attend, but neither parent can be bothered going. These parents need to be forced into accepting their responsibilities.
 Dateabledad61
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2010 3:26:09 PM
IN A LOT OF CASES THESE KIDS ARE JUST COPYING WHAT THEY SEE AND LIVE WITH EVERY DAY . monkey see monkey do.
(please note i said a lot of cases, not all cases)

Mum is unemployed, dad is too, kids are bought up with that outlook and think that is normal. mums obese and cooks crap, kids grow up thinking thats the same.
dads abusive to his wife, kids grow up thinking thats how relationships work.

How do you break the cycle? DISIPLINE, EDUCATION, LOVE

Not pandering, govt handouts and "oh he has adhd or some other thing"
Everyone is repsonsible for there own actions and parents are responsible for there own kids until 16.
ONE RULE FOR EVERYONE and that rule is enforced everytime, on time,
Maybe we see the Californian system of 3 strikes and your gone! instead of having repeat offenders (habitual criminals) getting off or stupidly low sentences, 3 strikes and your in detention for a LONG period, do this for 5 years and I bet the rest of the society would pull up there socks.
 Con Ten Ted
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/28/2010 1:08:05 AM
Just reading some of the other posts on this thread, I wonder if anyone has considered another aspect to making parents liable for the wrongs of their Kids ....

In how many cases would the little blighter be subjected to physical abuse at the hands of a severely pissed parent ???
 Con Ten Ted
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/17/2010 3:00:26 AM
Another possible contributory factor that I think may be worth mentioning is the growing population .... as it increases, then all of the opportunities and resources available within a given area become scarce and competition for the scraps that remain is fierce, thereby creating a greater stress on that society ..... this stress is felt by everyone in the chain from the kids to the parents, from the teachers to the coppers, from the social workers to the courts ........ everything is overtaxed to the point that no-one has the time or resources to devote so that something "fair " or "constructive" can come out of any situation .....

I recall someone saying that our Police can no longer be a "proactive" police force, instead resorting to being a "reactive" force ...... and, on top of this, they also practice some sort of "prioritisation with amnesia" procedure simply because they cant cope with whats going on ...... considering the rest of the flak that they get from either the victims or the parents, its no wonder that they are reluctant to wade into these situations.

Someone somewhere will come up with a solution one day ...... that person will need the wisdom of King Solomon on steroids to get there and all we can do is hope that it will be soon ......
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > A call to charge the parents for their childrens crimes