Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Old School Abs Workout?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Calido Sol
Msg: 1
Old School Abs Workout?Page 1 of 1    
Hi everyone....I wanted to get some feedback on this...
I was clicking around on the web and ran across the old 8 Minute Abs on YouTube. I laughed at first, remembering the cheesy music and the oddball leading the excercises, but I gave it a try and actually felt pretty good afterwards. So, spandex aside, anyone else remember using this program and getting positive results or was it more of a fad? I think that it'd be an alright way to mix up core training once or twice a week....and I mean come on...it's just 8 minutes right? Thoughts? Ways to modify this program to bring it into the now?
 MakeYouSmile26
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Old School Abs Workout?
Posted: 1/26/2010 7:27:35 AM
It doesnt take long to work your core to fatigue. Hell my origional core workout took 5 minutes. Lately I have been streaching that into 15 minutes. Maybe I should try the 8 minute abs to force me to keep my pace up :D
 Eriophyllum
Msg: 3
Old School Abs Workout?
Posted: 1/26/2010 9:05:45 AM
Not familiar with that work out. For many years that was a great ab work out done by "Legendary Abs" -Health for Life. The same company also published a shoulder rehab book called the 7 Minute Rotator Cuff solution by Jerry Robinson, now out of print but would sell for as much as $200 the info was so good.

The bottom line is your genetics and nutritional intake. Even if you spent hours working your abs, its a waste of time. Your genetic disposition will have the most effect second to the food that you consume. Abs only need to be worked out every other day or 2-3 times per week . Many great exercises out there, after some trial and error of a chosen few, the ones that work the best for you will come to the forefront. Stick with those and have your ab workouts last no longer than 15-20 minutes max. If your nutritional intake is up to par, the abs will show. There are some more technical details but that is the jist of it...clean up your food intake.
 sosdd
Msg: 4
Old School Abs Workout?
Posted: 1/26/2010 1:20:44 PM
7 Minute Rotator Cuff solution by Jerry Robinson can be purchased for $35 with shipping. No, I am not selling it, just an FYI. I did sell antique books and other rare OOP first editions etc.

My opinion is similar to the above. Some of the guys I know that do 8 minutes to 1/2 hour, doesn't matter because they are hitting the beer or don't cut calories. The abs don't show. I don't think mine will ever show from the research I have done, sigh. I am not saying that the work out you mention isn't good, I think something is better than nothing! I just see how the extra weight really seems to hide the abs.
 malibujay
Msg: 5
Old School Abs Workout?
Posted: 1/26/2010 1:38:45 PM
2 words: Dragon Flags are the real mans ab workout. Ive yet to see anyone at my gym do them.
 Eriophyllum
Msg: 6
Old School Abs Workout?
Posted: 1/26/2010 10:26:17 PM
Where did you see that? Its been of print for a while now. Was it an old ad that you seen or current one? Thanks.
 sosdd
Msg: 7
Old School Abs Workout?
Posted: 1/27/2010 3:59:47 AM
If you are interested in the book email me. There are quite a few books out there people aren't aware of being sold at book stores. Like I said, that was my job. Now I am doing something much more stressful. Yoga, yoga and more yoga
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 8
Old School Abs Workout?
Posted: 1/27/2010 4:32:20 PM

Ok what are dragon flags? small description will do.

...is your google broken?
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Old School Abs Workout?