Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > pof is just a waste of time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cali1956
Msg: 1
pof is just a waste of timePage 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I have had it .

Women are flakey and rude.

All their ads are generic. God I am going to puke the next time i hear I love listneing to music, i love to laugh , i have a dog, my kids are my life or i am looking for a positive person who loves life and their job

I had so much to offer but you women blew it

Time to check out hookers As expensive as dates are, it is as cost efective and i don't have to aduiton for them
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
pof is just a waste of time
Posted: 1/27/2010 1:10:53 PM
You, Sir, are extremely negative and your profile is among the most off-putting I've seen on here.

So, I don't know what you might have had to offer, but the only thing I can see from your PROFILE, is negativity and anger. And who wants that in her life? I don't.
 deb1961A
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/27/2010 1:15:51 PM
I just checked out your profile.. all I can say, sir.. is dont let the door hit your ass on the way out. bye!!
 yew4ic
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/27/2010 1:21:31 PM

Having a bad day are we? Oh, and if you think dates are expensive, just wait till you have to bail yourself out of a hooker sting operation.
 mickeymowss
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/27/2010 1:26:48 PM
CALM DOWN there, what's wrong with meeting real people and being kind to them on your way to work or out just having fun. I'm not at your age, but hey, personal victories precede public victories, you might know this from that 7habits book.

and yes i agree with the lady who replied earlier, no one wants a negative person, people get enough stress and BS at there jobs, why would they want more from their partner?

go out, go dancing, learn to dance, be happy with what you got, you're not disabled, you're not living on the streets, and you're not George Bush (that's a metaphor, bush was an ASS)
and he liked it. don't be like bush, be like you, be all you can be, HAVE FUN dammit.

if you're Christian, SEEK GOD, don't worry about what you don't have or what might have happened, there's something greater beyond this life. QUIT worrying about the past and move on. Where you've been is one thing, where you're going is another thing. Don't waste your life by chasing something you can't obtain, women are not objects, women are PEOPLE, okay? whether they're whores, sluts, presidents, CEO's, secretaries, or dentists, catch my drift? So step back, and set goals for yourself, it's never too late to GET UP, wipe that dust off your shoulder and seek something GREATER than yourself or any women on EARTH, don't worry about what you don't have, work with what you do have and build it.
You're older so you might know these things, ACT YOUR AGE, stop acting like a 12 year old with zits.
 deb1961A
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/27/2010 1:27:54 PM
its gone ! lordyalmighty did you see that profile? OMG!
 BigSpoon07
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/27/2010 1:28:03 PM
^^^ Bail for that is suprisingly cheap and its usually just a ticket. Its the court costs and lawyer fees that getcha. Um I wouldn't know from experience just sayin haha.
 DiannaBall
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/27/2010 1:47:12 PM
^^BIG I was going to say the same thing. I used to be a Cop and those were actually the cheapest Violations, 55 dollar fine, get sent home to mommy or wife & kids, appear in court a month later (that MAY be a expensive but not really, it is only a misdemeanor.). lmfao Where do peple get their info?
 kpooks
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2010 1:53:02 PM
You said it-!

Use this as an adjunct to going up and talking with women IN PERSON! Then, at least you have the pleasure of eye contact and some genuine warmth, and might even get a hug out of it.

Or, just pop in here for the forums, which are frequently quite fascinating...
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/27/2010 2:06:35 PM

Time to check out hookers As expensive as dates are, it is as cost efective and i don't have to aduiton for them
good for you! As bad as the economy's been, I'm sure they could use a boost in their sales, and it keeps the rest of us from having to listen to you piss n moan. See ya
 imsa1
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/27/2010 3:06:15 PM
now now girls...he's frusterated...and some men have good reason to be...sometimes you girls are just too selective for your own good..ok ok, we all want someone we are attracted to of course..and i know you girls must get tons of mail from every schmo on the planet and weeding through each one can be a pain...but please, be kind..be polite..the simple "no thanks" will do for most of us. Of course you will get the bitter rejected jerk every now and then..but most of us guys really do want to find someone so we can be off of here.
Well, I have to go and sift through the thousands of notes from adoreing women who just want to hold and squeeze me! I'll be kind to THEM!....
 yew4ic
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/27/2010 3:27:58 PM

^^BIG I was going to say the same thing. I used to be a Cop and those were actually the cheapest Violations, 55 dollar fine, get sent home to mommy or wife & kids, appear in court a month later (that MAY be a expensive but not really, it is only a misdemeanor.). lmfao Where do peple get their info?

Well, thank you for correcting me. I thought it was more expensive than that, my bad. There ya go OP...have fun. Though I still bet the cost of a real date is cheaper than to pay a decent looking hooker.
 RonnieB77
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/27/2010 3:55:43 PM
Free for me. I'm happy for anyone who can invent a way to make a good living for himself.

That said, it is time for someone to invent a better mouse trap. I'm so sad that even Internet dating favors players and liars. There has got to be a way for good people to find each other and not have to deal with the flakes and predators.
 curlygrl
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2010 3:59:01 PM
Though I still bet the cost of a real date is cheaper than to pay a decent looking hooker.

God man - Sometimes you just got to stick that heel out in the
hallway and watch em trip.

\

Umm... what did we blow?? We can open our mouths for more than
just a "blow" Op.
Is aduiton a word??? Hmm... Let me use it in a sentence-

No op. No more aduiton.

purrtypurr
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/27/2010 4:18:50 PM
Maybe the reason you can't get a date is because the women can sense you are an angry, creepy mysoginist.....why don't you do yourself and everyone else a favor and delete your profile?
 That Handy Man
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/27/2010 4:41:33 PM
Look, face it, dating sites just don't work very well! I think, that's a FACT!

I was awoken this morning by the telephone. It was an East Indian gentleman looking to sell me a Ukrainian Bride! Sorry, I didn't get his number, I could have passed it along!

Hell . . . slaps forehead, maybe there was even a sale on!
 funtimes_sweetman
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/28/2010 5:45:09 AM
That was funny as balls and some truth to it too, lol
 carolann0308
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2010 7:47:04 AM

You sound like a real dreamboat, too bad you closed your account. What a catch you would have made.

carolann0308
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2010 11:09:22 AM
I caught a fish two weeks after I joined just here for the forums, cupcake.
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/28/2010 6:58:28 PM

Or may be the reason he is frustrated and negative right now is due to him getting ignored way too often,
Whatever the reason for his frustration, it's still HIS problem. None of us will ever convince the rest of the world to do things the way we think they should. It's our responsibility to manage our own emotions and reactions to life circumstance.
 honeyangel1985
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/28/2010 7:53:03 PM
OP, women are flaky and rude???? It's not us who are.

Re-read your post and get an attitude adjustment because yours sucks!!

Just another thread by a whiny child who thinks he's God's gift to women.

I think I'm gonna puke.

POF was not a waste of time for me. I'm very happily engaged and I met him on this site. Here for forums now.
 Dineh Nanishkaad
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/28/2010 8:25:20 PM
I agree with Failer....

To everyone else... shame on your for being so ignorant and cruel... so lacking in any sense of wisdom and understand to actually be able read in between the lines of this persons message. The OP is obviously bitter and angry but his message is also a cry for help and compassion in a world that is so lacking in love. Shame on all of you!

To the OP... I understand where you are coming from and believe me I have been their. It is very painful to be hurt and rejected through life and regardless of all the bullshit cliches people will through out their, humans were never meant to be alone and it is completely normal to feel angry after enduring all this shit the world puts us through. I would just encourage you though to not let it make you bitter in the long sense... let me rephrase that... lets not have it make US bitter in the long run because you are not alone in your pain. I don't know you but I know of the pain you are feeling and maybe the only thing I can say is "I understand and I sympathize with you".

And again... to all of you attacking this man... back off of him. Have some common decency and humanity and feel ashamed for your appaling lack of insight and compassion.

THE END
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/28/2010 10:13:25 PM

come here to take your frustration out on innocent people,
Sorry sonny, but you're pointing the finger in the wrong direction.... Coming here to take frustration out on innocent people is what your friend did....At least we can agree that it's not a very nice thing to do

The OP is obviously bitter and angry but his message is also a cry for help and compassion in a world that is so lacking in love. I'm sure it would be forthcoming if it were asked for in the proper manner. An attack is never a good way to win sympathy, and the sooner the op learns that and begins to manage his own emotions rather than dumping them on other people, the sooner his life will improve.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/28/2010 10:44:02 PM
^^^^^It's always baffled me! I've been on here long enough to see the trend, quite clearly! The vultures and hyenas tear into any poster, crying out with his or her last breath on here!

I think it was Carl Junge who stated that other people are only ever reflections of ourselves, and I have often wondered if such postings don't simply inflame uncomfortable feelings within those that protest so vehemently. How does that old saying go? I think thou protests too much, or something like that!
 Dineh Nanishkaad
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/29/2010 7:20:53 AM
Annonymouslyme,

Wow... you just really don't get it do you. If the OP did come to this forum in a more wounded manner seeking understanding and sympathy people would have ripped him apart just the same. Instead of saying "get an attitude adjustment" you would have all said crap like "be a man" and "women only like men with confidence"... so you can not use your arguement because deep down you know that your responses would have been no different

This type of attitude (that which views seeking pity and sympathy as a weakness) is a prime example of how lost you people really are. What kind of posts do you respect in a broken hearts forum? It is entirely normal for a person to react in this way when they feel crushed by the coldness of the world... now whether he lets it consume his whole life is his battle but we have no place to judge where he is at right now.

The OP needs compassion and if you don't see that or are unwilling that I feel more pitiful of you then I do for him. Because for all the meaningless cliches that are thrown out all the time on these forums, if you do not understand mercy, love, kindness and compassion then you are completely lost.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > pof is just a waste of time