Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > The Pandemic That Wasn't - What Have We learned ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rainsands
Msg: 1
The Pandemic That Wasn't - What Have We learned ?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
As reported in Time Magazine, European nations are now racing to either cancel pending orders of H1N1 vaccine or pass them on to developing nations. Only 5 million doses of the vaccine were given in France which had ordered 60 million doses (at a cost of 1.25 billion) to cover most of their population. They are now attempting to cancel 50 million doses ordered as well as sell millions more. Germany too is attempting to negotiate with drug manufacturers to cancel 25 million doses and is looking for buyers for millions more. The Netherlands has 19 million doses up for sale. Switzerland, Spain and the UK will consider giving away millions of doses if they cannot be sold.

The abundance of unused doses can be partially explained by the fact that many countries signed contracts for a 2 dose vaccine which at the time, health officials thought were necessary. It was later found that a single dose would work.

Additionally, many nations that had formulated their own pandemic readiness plans earlier in the 2000's had based their models on worst case scenarios (the Spanish Flu) and subsequently signed contracts for more dosages than strictly necessary.

As well, I think that nations globally were unprepared for the sheer numbers of citizens who opted to take a pass on the vaccinations for whatever reasons.

Some European politicians have accused the World Health Organization of spreading fear by declaring a pandemic using a definition that did not take into account whether the strain caused sustained or increasing mortality rates globally. In their defense, the WHO states that their definition of influenza pandemics has always been based solely on transmissibility.

The one fact that is undeniable is the billions spent on advance purchases contracts with pharmaceutical companies.

I confess that I was surprised that this information did not appear to receive widespread media coverage in light of the fact that the whole issue of choosing or opting out on the vaccination caused substantial rifts in dialectics at home, at work and on the web.

In a number of forums, those who argued against the necessity of vaccination were labelled "deniers/conspiracy theorists" by those who advocated receiving the vaccination (the self named "realists"). Tensions surfaced in workplaces with mandatory vaccination policies. Difficulties arose in families where one parent was pro vaccination and the other was resolutely against said vaccination.

Now, people are questioning the truth of the information they were given by their governments and the World Health Organization. Many felt ill advised and even misled on this issue. Many resent the billions spent on these vaccinations when that same money could have been directed toward more pressing health concerns. And then some wonder if there possibly could have been collusion with Big Pharma.......

I would love to hear your opinions on this matter. We have survived the first and second waves. Do you believe there may be a third wave ? Were you possibly a hardcore pro vaccine advocate ? With H1N1 virtually dropping off our radar, are you still comfortable with your old posts ? At some point in our lives, most of us have taken a firmly entrenched position on an issue. Some choose to debate civilly while others just can't get to Ad Hominem Avenue fast enough. What, if anything, have we learned from this ?

The entire Time article may be found at http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1956608-1,00.html
 nexthyme
Msg: 2
view profile
History
The Pandemic That Wasn't - What Have We learned ?
Posted: 1/28/2010 6:32:35 AM
As a person who is allergic to nearly every single med produced, there was no way I was going to be injected with an untested, mercury, and****** (can't remember the first word) glycolate filled drug, that may or may not have been properly heated to kill the virus...

For as many times now that I have been on near deaths door due to medical errors, and medication, I figured I'd take my chances with a flu that hadn't proved to be this killer that we were beaten over the head about...

What did I learn? There was a huge amount of money that got wasted and used or not the big pharma made bank... Was this flu lab created, honestly I wouldn't be surprise, but that is only speculation, one I made a choice not to get an injection, nor did any of my family...

I am sure there may be people that benefited, or at least felt they did, then there are plenty I know who got the shot and the flu... I think the choice I made worked for my family and I and feel it is good to research, and take your own sensible precautions when there are nasty germs floating around...
 quietcowboy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2010 7:19:31 AM
Here is what we should have learned from it:

1)The science(really more like probability) of projecting pandemic is that of uncertainty not certainty. Bugs mutate differently and who&how they are transmitted to can greatly affect how a bug propagates.

2) If you make vaccinations you are almost always in the wrong in the public's eyes. Don't make enough vaccines you are responsible for "millions of deaths"(some money conspiracy will explain why you let it happen), make too many you will be accused of being on board a conspiracy spreading terror via pandemic propaganda for profit.

3)Vaccines & public awareness of a oncoming pandemic may well prevent the pandemic.

4)If you are in health care and you do nothing or implement ineffective measured to prevent a pandemic and pandemic sweeps the globe you will be called to the carpet. If you take measures to prevent a pandemic and those measures are either effective and/or lady luck smile upon you and the pandemic stalls out, you will be accused of in sighting terror for profit. No good deed goes unpunished.
 Island home
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/28/2010 8:27:20 AM
We have nothing to fear but fear it's self
And those that will manipulate it
At the same time we must guard against
Calling a real threat another cry of wolf
 JustDukky
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/28/2010 10:05:04 AM

In a number of forums, those who argued against the necessity of vaccination were labelled "deniers/conspiracy theorists" by those who advocated receiving the vaccination (the self named "realists")

Yeah...Tell me about it!

Now, people are questioning the truth of the information they were given by their governments and the World Health Organization.

Well it's about bloody time!

Many felt ill advised and even misled on this issue.

I wonder what would lead them to feel that?...Bad advice, deception & corporate profiteering & malfeasance (through fear-mongering via collusion with the WHO)? I'm sure only the highest corporate ethic was involved...profit above all.

some wonder if there possibly could have been collusion with Big Pharma...

...the rest just watch TV.

I would love to hear your opinions on this matter.

No problem...I'll let you know my opinion later, right now I'm too busy venting my spleen at the ignorance of the brainwashed and gloating over my "I-told-you-so"s. It never fails to amaze me that people place their faith in the propaganda of outfits that only care about how much value they can wring out of you.

Do you believe there may be a third wave ?

It's possible, but unless it recombines with a truly deadly flu, I don't expect it to be any more of a problem than the last ones. Some people will die and that's unfortunate, but there appears to be a higher risk of death just crossing the street. How many of us take time off work to avoid the traffic?

What, if anything, have we learned from this ?

Nothing...as usual. It will be forgotten by most people the minute something else is hyped to frighten them into turning to government for safety & protection from the bogeyman.

When are we ever gonna learn to stop giving away our authority to the very people who abuse it at our expense?
 CountIbli
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/28/2010 11:00:31 AM
Any flu can be deadly, but it usually only kills the very old, very young, and people with weakened immune systems. It makes perfect sense for these people to get the vaccine. Sometimes the flu can kill perfectly healthy people, though that's not common. I never get flu shots, but I certainly don't begrudge anyone who chooses to get one.

This whole fiasco doesn't tell us anything we already didn't know. Fear sells. The media loves over-reacting because it boosts their ratings and sells more magazines and newspapers. The government loves fear because it drives people to demand that the government grab more power and reward politians' corporate cronies.

There's nothing new under the sun here.
 nexthyme
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2010 11:27:38 AM

Nothing...as usual. It will be forgotten by most people the minute something else is hyped to frighten them into turning to government for safety & protection from the bogeyman.

So dukky what's the new hype now???

So far the media, not news per sa, but tv, movie, documentaries are beating the drum LOUD and hard about what is gonna happen in 2012....

I have listened to the silent rumbles of fear as they grow louder the more people WATCH tv... The secret groups that are building underground survival buildings...

Hmmmm sounds like the decade before I was born when they had all these fall out shelters...

For those who wonder who does conspiracy get in the mix, really simple, because people have been jerked around, deceived, lied to, and what ever else that can be thought of for profit...

Those who took a look at what was in the vaccine asked the guestion why is that "poison" put in these vaccines... Last time I checked Mercury, Methanol
Ethylene glycol, Propylene glycol can be found in these vaccines, which are poison...

Of course poisoning people is nothing new, the same toxins can be found in shampoos, pharma ointments, and a host of other products directly used on humans... These same toxins are used for corporation products and are dumped in streams, the air, ocean, under ground, where ever...

In general these poisons have an accumulative affect on the body, as well there is no exact threshold known for every person...

What is funny is I remember back in 98' catching a flu from hell, I mean 106 fever, coughing my lungs out, fluids of all sorts of nastiness were flowing in all directions... However there was no big media blitz about that flu...

I was given antibiotics for the pneumonia my lungs were developing, and told to ride it out...

Sure people have some delusional expectation that the government is supposed to save them... Hell they are wanting to hand out another bail out... My question is this, what did you all do with the 200 bucks you got??? Did you get bailed out, or did you buy some object you've wanted in that price range?

By all means give me another bail out, or better yet beat the crap out the bankers who took their bail out and gave it to their HIGH OFFICIALS for trips and the like...

There are common sense ads they run on TV, which talk about washing hands, not sneezing in peoples faces, stay home when sick, et al... GEEZ, my mom told me that when I was a kid, did that knowledge fade out of fashion???

Once again Dukky you got it, what if there is a third wave???? Well dang what it I get hit by a car, or the next toxic drug they give me to take care of what ever else that ails me kills me this next time... So what? I made a choice not to get injected with things I don't need more toxins of, have enough already...

We seem to be going from one freaking crisis to the next, perhaps it is the human condition to want, need, have some purpose, or helps them get up each morning if there is some bogeyman, or crisises to round up the sheeple in a tighter and tighter ball of fear...

One thing it seems to serve is to create a conditioned people who don't know who the real threat is, and if it is really a threat at all...

I have a painting I need to get out of my head, weathers been good in these colder parts so a garden getting started is also in the works... I learned from the Y2K drama people will beat the drum of fear, and it will be for nothing, but hey didn't have to shop for a month...
 big pacific
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2010 11:37:35 AM

Those who took a look at what was in the vaccine asked the guestion why is that "poison" put in these vaccines... Last time I checked Mercury, Methanol
Ethylene glycol, Propylene glycol can be found in these vaccines, which are poison...

BIIIIIIIG difference between ethyl and methyl mercury.

A wise apothecary once said to me, "it's not the poison, it's the dose"
 nexthyme
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2010 12:26:54 PM

A wise apothecary once said to me, "it's not the poison, it's the dose"

Ah yes, but we are being dosed with these things all the time... if it was JUST a vaccine and nothing else, it wouldn't be a big deal...

As a legal student I have worked on research on the nonstop suits against big pharma and drugs that need to be pulled, because of of them being so more deadly than helpful.

The FDA had its budget cut, and has antiquated equipment, so they depend on big pharma for research information of these new drugs... Funny sort of like having the fox watch the hen house aye?

As someone who is so drug sensitive that I can take very few without going into severe hives, anaphylactic shock, et al... I think I have reached my threshold... Means I have to eat healthy, and figure out different means to take care of what people just pop pills for...

As I said, there isn't a known threshold, especially if the dr doesn't know how much environment poisons a person has already been exposed to.. Just saying
 big pacific
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2010 12:41:30 PM

Ah yes, but we are being dosed with these things all the time... if it was JUST a vaccine and nothing else, it wouldn't be a big deal...

As a legal student I have worked on research on the nonstop suits against big pharma and drugs that need to be pulled, because of of them being so more deadly than helpful

Indeed, but MOST of the toxins you are talking about get worked out of your system. i am also familiar with big pharma and the suits layed agianst them. Some of them are deserved, others? Well they are a big target that tries to fix people that are already sick, so god forbid something goes wrong with a SICK person, because then it was "THE PILL" that did it.

What scares me, is that we don't keep researching cures because it's too much of a legal liability, which is what we are heading towards. As i tell my law school g/f all the time, lawyers are going to end the world.
 nexthyme
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2010 12:48:48 PM
Big Pacific you are awesome... Sadly some bodies are to saturated with toxins, their liver doesn't function well, adrenals over loaded... How does this happen, lack of knowledge of what they are eating, drinking, swimming in...

Good thing I am NOT going to be an attorney, for me being an advocate so a person, "victims" can get through the legal system without feeling victimized again...

However reasearch and a little more length of time in the research would do some good...

I know your GF will tell you single handedly suing a big company is so rare it makes the news...
 big pacific
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2010 12:57:26 PM
Yup, it is. Because they have their own blood sucking lawyers that are fierce. (she didn't tell me that part, usually she shakes her head)

I'm ALL for some safeguards however, but in the case of a pandemic, long term trials just aren't an option.

Many of our chemicals are fat soluble to, so they don't go anywhere, pcb's many heavy metals and a ton of other stuff. More learning never hurt anyone.
 kohavah
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/28/2010 3:28:16 PM
What have we learned from the pandemic that wasn't. That there is a God, and that He loves us. Praise the Lord, and His Righteousness!
 Rainsands
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/28/2010 6:09:11 PM
@quietjohn2

The biggest problem was the reinterpretation of "pandemic" by media and others, drawing parallels to earlier definitions of "pandemic" which related more to occasional highly lethal versions of flu and other diseases.

Hi John. Actually the WHO did change their own definition of pandemic.

Medically, the pandemic moniker is unjustifiable. When the sacrosanct World Health Organization (WHO) made its official declaration in June, we were 11 weeks into the outbreak, and swine flu had only killed 144 people worldwide--the same number who die of seasonal flu worldwide every few hours. The mildest pandemics of the 20th century killed at least a million people worldwide. And even after six months, swine flu has killed about as many people as the seasonal flu does every six days.

So how could WHO make such an outrageous claim?

Simple. It rewrote the definition of "pandemic."

A previous official definition (and widely used unofficial one) required "simultaneous epidemics worldwide with enormous numbers of deaths and illness." Severity--that is, the number--is crucial, because seasonal flu always causes worldwide simultaneous epidemics. But one promulgated in April just days before the announcement of the swine flu outbreak simply eliminated severity as a factor.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/10/16/swine-flu-world-health-organization-pandemic-opinions-contributors-michael-fumento.html

It appears that the WHO dropped 2 previously maintained criteria, high morbidity and high mortality from their former definition of pandemic.

However, I totally agree with you that the media has demonstrated a despicable lack of responsibility by persisting in their indulgent propensity for jejune sensationalism.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:03:08 AM
What have we learned?

Scientific literacy regarding vaccination is woefully lacking in the general public.

People would rather risk immediate threat posed by a disease in order to avoid potential (and unproven) "long term" risks posed by getting a vaccine.

That people are prepared to use all kinds of "critical thinking" of the motives and intentions of pharmaceutical industry and yet think the "natural medicine" industry couldn't possibly have its own intentions to make money.

That, despite several years of pandemic planning, we are still woefully unprepared and that, yup, governments agencies can still screw it up.

And yes, I am still completely comfortable with my posts.
 slybandit
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:06:04 AM
The Pandemic That Wasn't -- What Have We Learned?

That it would be a good idea to buy stock in Novartis and GlaxoSmithKline, that's what.

Gennady Onishchenko, Russia's chief doctor, said on June 2, 2009 that swine flu was not aggressive enough to cause a worldwide pandemic, noting that the current mortality rate of confirmed cases was 1.6% in Mexico and only 0.1% in the United States.

Now, granted, Russian officials do not really have a great rep for public honesty.

Nevertheless, that's 0.1%.

In English, that means if you DID get it, there's only a 1 in a 1000 chance you'd die from it. You are in much greater danger crossing the street than you'd ever be from that flu, unless you already had some auto-immune disease or were on your last legs anyhow.

Seriously, I recently had the flu for a week. I didn't even bother to take anything stronger than you could buy over the counter in a pharmacy, nor did I even bother to find out if it was this H1N1 nonsense, because I knew I wasn't going to die from it.

Panicked ignorance is a recurring part of the human condition, anyhow. Anyone remember the millenium computer scare? It's going to happen again.
 nexthyme
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 5:09:53 PM

Like all viruses, the H1N1 virus is most dangerous to those parts of a given population that have a compromised immune system; the young, the elderly and the ill. Any vaccines should be administered to these higher risk members of a population, before they are offered to the general population

I have at least two auto immune disorders, thus I would be considered hi risk... I have seen people that weren't hi risk get the shot and a flu from hell...

I am sick, or rather debilitated with my auto immune disorders, HOWEVER, I don't get colds, seldom have the flu last serious flu was 98, LOL, and I had a flu shot that year..

Reason why?

I take reinforcers for my immune system, with natural suppliments... When I didn't I had colds, and every bug my kids brought home... PLUS I keep myself aware of what I stuff in my face, and manage to drink water that is filtered and not stored in plastic.

I have a life long trip with my auto immune disorders, however I actually am better off not being injected with flu shots...

That may not work for every one, but it works for me... IS my choice, and it has worked for me... WHY I have the auto immune issues I have is beyond me, and only know that I have high levels of heavy metal that could very well be the culprit...

What have I learned, keep doing what I'm doing, and it works...

ss oversimplification. The majority of the 'denier/conspiracy theorist' labels were used on people (for example nexthyme) who claimed that the vaccines were filled with poisons, caused many other diseases, or that vaccine theory was 'complete B.S.'. To question whether vaccinating certain segments of the population was necessary or cost effective, weighing the 'real' dangers (and their true magnitude of effect) involved verses the potential benefits, or any number of other reasonable criticisms of the handling of the 'pandemic'.....would (or should) not earn someone those labels.

So settle for this... You ever ask what is in these vaccines since you seem to take issue as to WHAT I have found out is in them???

Here's an exerp from a well respected dr about what has REPLACED the mercury...

When mercury was removed from many vaccines (except the flu vaccine) years ago, it was under the false guise that finally vaccines were now safe. What health agencies did not want you to know is that there are many other toxic additives still in vaccines, and one of them is aluminum.

Aluminum has not received the widespread media attention that mercury has, therefore many people don’t realize it’s a health risk.

“Aluminum is not perceived, I believe, by the public as a dangerous metal. Therefore, we are in a much more comfortable wicket in terms of defending its presence in vaccines,” said Dr. John Clements, WHO vaccine advisor.

Notice he said that aluminum is “not perceived” by the public as a dangerous metal … he couldn’t say simply that aluminum is safe, because this would be a lie.

Why is Aluminum Added to Vaccines?

Every vaccine has two components, the agent that you’re seeking to elicit an immune response to, such as a measles virus, and an immune adjuvant, which enhances the immune response and is typically made from a variety of highly toxic compounds including aluminum compounds, MSG, and mercury. The purpose of immune adjuvants is to boost your immune system, or to make it react as intensely as possible for as long as possible.

Unlike a natural immune boost that would come from, say, eating healthy and exercising, artificial immune adjuvants can be dangerous in and of themselves. Says Dr. Russell Blaylock, M.D., a board-certified neurosurgeon and author:

“Studies have shown that these adjuvants, from a single vaccine, can cause immune overactivation for as long as two years. This means that the brain microglia remain active as well, continuously pouring out destructive chemicals.

In fact, one study found that a single injection of an immune activating substance could cause brain immune overactivation for over a year. This is very destructive.”
( http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/01/27/mercury-in-vaccines-was-replaced-with-something-even-more-toxic.aspx)

Any body can look up what heavy metals are in vaccines, and see what is in there...

If that makes me a conspiracy theorist, ummm yeah ok....

I have two known auto immune disorders which they don't know why or where they came from... I have a high level of heavy metals in my system, and am to the point of externally disabled...

I check what is in things because I am slowly dying from a DR's mistake in a neck surgery, actually several, as well have time to seek out what is fact and what is fiction...

The FDA noted themselves they were NOT able to keep up with all the expectations, and during the Bush Admin dropped their 4 billion dollar budget to 2 Billion... So who is watching out to make sure what does and doesn't end up in drugs, vaccines, et al???

Who even knows what is in them, what is in your food, what is the allowable level of toxins, and CRUDE in your food???

Because some says there is no scientific PROOF mercury, but in case you believe in the CDC government ran watch dogs, this is what they have to say...

( Thimerosal
Information about ThimerosalSince 2001, with the exception of some influenza (flu) vaccines, thimerosal is not used as a preservative in routinely recommended childhood vaccines.
Thimerosal is a mercury-containing preservative used in some vaccines and other products since the 1930's. There is no convincing evidence of harm caused by the low doses of thimerosal in vaccines, except for minor reactions like redness and swelling at the injection site. However, in July 1999, the Public Health Service agencies, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and vaccine manufacturers agreed that thimerosal should be reduced or eliminated in vaccines as a precautionary measure. ) (http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concerns/Thimerosal/Index.html )

Why remove it if there isn't a big deal with it in there... Why make sure baby food is different than what children an adults eat???

I could go on, but the fact is this... You feel ok about what is in your food, and meds, great, no issues... I however have taken a look, and don't need any extra neurotoxins in my body, nor do I want my kids having them... Sadly when my older three were young I didn't know better..
 nexthyme
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 5:32:48 PM
Ohhh and have to add in what the FDA said in 1999

{Thimerosal is a mercury-containing organic compound (an organomercurial). Since the 1930s, it has been widely used as a preservative in a number of biological and drug products, including many vaccines, to help prevent potentially life threatening contamination with harmful microbes. Over the past several years, because of an increasing awareness of the theoretical potential for neurotoxicity of even low levels of organomercurials and because of the increased number of thimerosal containing vaccines that had been added to the infant immunization schedule, concerns about the use of thimerosal in vaccines and other products have been raised. Indeed, because of these concerns, the Food and Drug Administration has worked with, and continues to work with, vaccine manufacturers to reduce or eliminate thimerosal from vaccines.

Thimerosal has been removed from or reduced to trace amounts in all vaccines routinely recommended for children 6 years of age and younger, with the exception of inactivated influenza vaccine (see Table 1). A preservative-free version of the inactivated influenza vaccine (contains trace amounts of thimerosal) is available in limited supply at this time for use in infants, children and pregnant women. Some vaccines such as Td, which is indicated for older children (≥ 7 years of age) and adults, are also now available in formulations that are free of thimerosal or contain only trace amounts. Vaccines with trace amounts of thimerosal contain 1 microgram or less of mercury per dose]

(http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/VaccineSafety/ucm096228.htm)

So they have admitted to this stuff being a known neurotoxin, and that it is an acculmulative ISSUE... So "Settleforthis" where is my WRONG, in what I stated was in vaccines... Flu shots are exempt from NOT using Themerosal....

Next time you are in the shower take a look at what is in your shampoo and conditioner, your soap, you box food...

Its the accumulative affect of these toxins... However I guess what is learned is he who does not want to see, will not see...
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:57:40 PM
I learned that we still are not very good at predicting the morbidity of a virus flu based on its genetic components.

I have learned that politics will override science even in this day and age.

I learned that the media is no longer profession and objective, much of it reduced to tabloid headlines to sell papers regardless of the harm it may cause.

I learned that the alternative health care industry has found a way to use the courts and media to push its products with no scientific evidence. They simply try to cast doubt on mainstream medicine, and state misleading statements on compounds in things like vaccines.

And that you can't convince either side of the vaccine debate to change their positions.

I am still pro vaccine and will continue to be. I will not panic over a flu outbreak either.
 CountIbli
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:22:20 PM

What have we learned from the pandemic that wasn't. That there is a God, and that He loves us. Praise the Lord, and His Righteousness!

Thank you Lord for saving us from that virus you created.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/30/2010 9:09:28 AM

I stand by every word I've ever said on this issue (and it turns out I was right) even at the risk of being accused of being an "anti-science whack job". Turns out this whack job was right and to accuse me of being anti-science is equally ludicrous.

Right? All I remember of your threads is the same old conspiracy rhetoric and self-righteous crap that usually ensues from such nonsense. Hey, don't want to take the shot? Don't. If another pandemic arises, don't take one then either. And, if you catch it and it turns out that that is another killer, well, at least you can go to your grave knowing you stuck it to the 'man!' Good job! You sure showed 'him!'

Darwin would be proud.

No one could be happier than me that this flu didn't turn out as bad as feared but that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen in the future. Hopefully, we've learned a lot about how to deal with a flu pandemic properly should another 1918 arise.
 nexthyme
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2010 4:56:01 PM

No one could be happier than me that this flu didn't turn out as bad as feared but that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen in the future. Hopefully, we've learned a lot about how to deal with a flu pandemic properly should another 1918 arise.

Unless we go back to 1918, where cleanliness was still in the works of becoming the norm, I hardly think these first world countries will suddenly go back to bathing once a week if they are lucky. In fact it seems pretty amazing for as virulent this virus was supposed to be, it didn't take out a lot of people in Mexico, unless their own habits make such viruses using them as a host unconducive virus survival...

As well it should be a personal choice as to who takes the shot and who doesn't... After all alcohol and tobacco is a choice at least for the 21 and older crowd, and plenty of people die each and every day from these wonders of man kind...

Before the protest cry of but you are exposing.... Yeah uh- smoking, and or driving while drinking is exposing and killing unsuspecting people every day and the age of these people are infants to the elderly...

What have we learned? They still inject people that have toxins in them which if you want to call it a "preserve" or what, who the heck needs to be preserved while still alive??? That is the issue about some of these toxins, or that they are neurotoxins...

For some of us the accumulation is a life sentence of misery... For those that they don't bother great, but no one wants to go to the dr's to end up worse off then before they went... Just saying from experience...

For those who think there are bundles of money by suing Dr's and big pharma they have major attorney's covering their asses 24/7....
 nexthyme
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2010 10:30:18 PM

I'm with you buddy ! One of the examples i used to show that this "H1N1 pandemic" was a pharmaceutical industry scam was the same type of fear mongering just after 9/11. Remember the anthrax pandemic that wasn't ? Remember the fear ? OOOOO Anthrax is spreading via the mail,via the air etc etc. People were running around buying up Cipro as fast as they could

They kept the drums beating to constant threats of terrorist, and how at any minute they were going to do something else...

Now the slow but steady beat of the drum is what is going to happen in 2012... These drums get louder and louder, and doom and gloom of not being able to anything unless your are a genuis that is allowed in the under ground bunkers are being beat...

why?

Every day there is something new... A few years back it was the West nile virus, and my son caught it two summers ago... He was sick, caught strep on top of it... tough for a then 11 yr old, but we got through it...

Reality seems there is always going to be some sort of drama to keep people stirred up, especially with technology today...
 stargazer1000
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/31/2010 6:40:38 AM
I can't help but wonder what all those crying "big pharma conspiracy" would be saying now if the usual government agencies hand't of sounded the alarm and it did prove to be a major pandemic.

"Oh, it's 'their' fault. It's a conspiracy of population control."

Oy!
 JustDukky
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:05:38 AM

Thank you Lord for saving us from that virus you created.

Don't be so sure it was Him...We can create some pretty nasty sh¡t ourselves (If you have some crap to unload, create a market for it - 7th law of the Farengi, ch.2, v.17)
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > The Pandemic That Wasn't - What Have We learned ?