Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Income, ??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1northguide
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Income, ??Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
So they are now asking you to input your income on the front page

what are your thoughts on this,
advertising geared or what ?

myself i do not think it should a be a question that you should have to answer, as it will not allow you any access to your profile for changes unless you click on a total.
should be our choice whether wer decide to answer or not, ,
 TooShadows
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Income, ??
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:26:17 AM
Reckon that's nobody's business but our own. A perfect way for the gold diggers to find the man of their dreams. Of course,that's certainly not me.
 susan_cd
Msg: 3
Income, ??
Posted: 1/29/2010 9:20:52 AM

myself i do not think it should a be a question that you should have to answer, as it will not allow you any access to your profile for changes unless you click on a total.
should be our choice whether wer decide to answer or not, ,

Or we could all simply change our income answer to the maximum.
 haywiresue
Msg: 4
Income, ??
Posted: 1/29/2010 9:25:59 AM
I don't think a person's income level is relevant information when you are meeting new people. If its all about money or sex, a person's intention comes out quickly in conversations.

Twoshadows, golddiggers come in both sexes, its not just women.

Personally I am leaving this area blank as the choice "prefer not to say" is not an option. It's funny things like smoking, drinking and marital status all offer those choices but income level does not.
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Income, ??
Posted: 1/29/2010 4:40:51 PM
They will use that info for their marketing.

We should all probably put the lowest choice because it really is privacy invasion.
 susan_cd
Msg: 6
Income, ??
Posted: 1/29/2010 7:05:10 PM
When I meet a woman at a club, if the chat moves towards income I get nervous & start sweating... it gets me so flustered I end up licking the sweat from my eyebrows... then for some reason they stop talking about income & start asking "your place or mine?"
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Income, ??
Posted: 1/29/2010 8:49:17 PM

dark wears white socks too

I'm wearing white socks right now. But I've put the sandles away until it warms up a bit.

Just a moment - that is not entirely true - My sandles are still sitting by my kitchen door. I use them when I fire up my BBQ - and maybe tomorrow I'll be back in my white socks and sandles BBQing something!

There are some good times to look forward to.
 armaegis
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Income, ??
Posted: 1/30/2010 12:16:31 AM
I just selected the lowest option. Maybe after a few weeks I'll go up a bracket and see if anything changes. I'll keep repeating that every few weeks until my matches improve. If that doesn't work, I guess that just means I'm ugly.
 armaegis
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Income, ??
Posted: 2/7/2010 1:02:14 PM
Well it's been a couple weeks in the pauper's bracket and no nibbles. Time to move up to minimum wage!
 Tin_Man
Msg: 10
Income, ??
Posted: 2/19/2010 11:37:59 PM
I don't mind if they ask about income...

but...

You will not show up in the rows of images on top of pages, My Matches and many other sections of the site until you do.

Seems a little harsh. Especially when there is an option to not divulge all other information they ask for.

Seems a little odd to me.

T_M
 susan_cd
Msg: 11
Income, ??
Posted: 2/20/2010 8:27:30 AM
I just went back & checked the "Update Income" box......

Nowhere in the choices given as your selected income bracket does it say "dollars".

With that in mind, you can choose the " 150,000+ " option with a clear conscience, knowing you aren't lying & do , in fact, earn more than 150,000 pennies ( $1500.00 ) each year.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Income, ??