Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > unhiding my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 halbailman
Msg: 1
unhiding my profilePage 1 of 1    
While in a recent relationship I hid my profile for the duration of the two months and only visited POF once to check something on the forum. Last sunday my girlfriend (Whom I did feel a lot of love for) ended things with me to leave me for another man. Im curious as to how long i should wait before i unhide my profile and begin contacting more women.
 Cedarwinds
Msg: 2
unhiding my profile
Posted: 1/29/2010 3:40:50 PM
While in a recent relationship I hid my profile for the duration of the two months...Two months is not relationship and no reason to hide your profile.

and only visited POF once to check something on the forum....You were only dating her, you could have come in here as often as you wanted.

Last sunday my girlfriend (Whom I did feel a lot of love for) ended things with me to leave me for another man....Dude, you talked about her, and she was never actually your girlfriend in the heterosexual sense of the word. You were her tokken gay male friend. She had no hots for you.

Im curious as to how long i should wait before i unhide my profile and begin contacting more women. ...You should have never hidden it.

If you find you're sexually involved with a woman for more that 6 to 8 months, then you hide your profile.

If a sexual involvement ceases , then you open your profile -unhide it- immediately.
 loliegurl
Msg: 3
unhiding my profile
Posted: 1/29/2010 3:56:55 PM
OP ~ unhide your profile when you feel ready, not before. if there was a big emotional attachment on your part, wait until you feel comfortable. like another poster said, is this about emotion or etiquette? that makes a huge difference.

just a side note for cedarwinds - you seem to have this idea stuck in your head that every woman has the 'token gay male friend' .... first, it's token, not tokken. lol second, not every woman has that image in her head when she has a male friend that is just a friend. i have several good male friends whom i don't consider my 'token gay friend'. i don't go shopping with them, we don't discuss our boyfriends various techniques etc. they're friends, but most assuredly NOT gay. if both people choose it, men and women can be just friends. did you get stuck in that 'gay friend' bucket by a woman you wanted? 'cuz it's starting to sound like bitterness ....
 rainman12
Msg: 4
view profile
History
unhiding my profile
Posted: 1/29/2010 7:18:52 PM
I've seen your profile....keep it hidden....permanently.

Seriously though bro, there's no timeline or rules on hiding or unhiding your profile. You're a big boy, you can figure out what's best for you. Personally, I leave my profile hidden about half the time, whether or not I'm contacting girls. If you contact a girl, she'll see your profile anyway, and lets face it, not too many girls are going to be contacting you first anyway. Just the way it goes.
 Politicsoftime
Msg: 5
unhiding my profile
Posted: 2/1/2013 5:37:43 AM
Well let's see....where do I start, Rainman? Should I start with what a complete Asshat you are to people on this site....or should I just start with the fact that you are making fun of people's ability to get dates....when you've been on this site for 6 years? 6 YEARS!!! Who is on a dating site for 6 years?!!

I think what is happening here is the fact that karma has caught up with you. No one that is even remotely kind will be hanging out on one of these dating sites for that long. How about you first think about what you say to people...and realize how you have felt after someone breaks up with you. Perhaps that will give you some perspective on how this guy feels/felt.

I read a portion of your profile...and the world already has enough uncreative, boring people that overuse the word "Awesome." Perhaps that's why you've been hanging around here for 6 years. 6 effing years!!! Seriously dude, how about you hit up a coworker or something? Doesn't POF have some sort of maximum time periof for when they take the training-wheels off or push the baby bird out of the nest?

BTW, if you are wondering why I've been here for well over a year? It's because I met someone and have been dating them for most of that time. You should try it. Perhaps you'll like it.
 Be_enchanted
Msg: 6
unhiding my profile
Posted: 2/1/2013 5:48:26 AM
Politicsoftime, now don't be shy about how you truly feel and believe!! lol

I think I have a forum crush on you now.

Anyway, OP, do what feels right for you and don't rely on others to be the deciding factor on here or irl.

Oh man,
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > unhiding my profile