Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > no sugar no grain pasta      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 2
view profile
History
no sugar no grain pastaPage 1 of 1    
Try Quinoa as an alternative type pasta product.

it can pass for a really delicious small pasta.

Quinoa (pronounced /ˈkwi-noa/ or /kwɨˈnoʊ.ə/, Spanish quinua, from Quechua kinwa), a species of goosefoot (Chenopodium), is a grain-like crop grown primarily for its edible seeds. It is a pseudocereal rather than a true cereal, or grain, as it is not a grass. As a chenopod, quinoa is closely related to species such as beets, spinach and tumbleweeds.

you could check out some Gluten-Free pasta at the health food store.

I am also on a no sugar, no grains diet...but I guess you are looking for a pasta with no sugar????
 Belle Requin
Msg: 4
no sugar no grain pasta
Posted: 1/30/2010 11:27:49 AM
you can use peelers to try and make noodles out of things like zucchini, but I find zucchini disgusting.

I think next payday I'm going to be trying the cream cheese/egg/nut meal noodles, and I've been trying to focus on low grains (still thickening soup w brown rice flour...)
 raxarsr
Msg: 5
view profile
History
no sugar no grain pasta
Posted: 1/31/2010 2:26:00 AM
as someone else said....tell her to get spagetti squash....all by itself...it just kinda tastes like spagetti.......but add sauce and mushrooms?..........[and espically sweet italian sasauge......you cant tell it from real spagetti...............

not......if they can only grow a maccoroni squash.............
 Belle Requin
Msg: 6
no sugar no grain pasta
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:36:54 AM
SS I make cream of tomato and cream of broccoli/kale/celery soup when I need to thicken. I rounded tbsp of flour for 8-10 cups of soup. Can't have all the starchy veggies, find peas disgusting, can't eat lentils- oodles of restrictions. I don't thicken my chicken soup.
 arwen52
Msg: 7
view profile
History
no sugar no grain pasta
Posted: 1/31/2010 8:44:40 AM
Asian bean thread, also known as cellophane noodles, are made from mung beans.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > no sugar no grain pasta