Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Food processor/mixer/blender question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Food processor/mixer/blender questionPage 1 of 1    
We have a range of stand mixers and I find that they are great tools.

You can get a good brand name stand mixer which will have a Mixer blade...similar to your hand mixer, and a Whisk, and a Dough hook, and you will have a versatile machine that should last you for a very long time.

Kitchenaid has great stand mixers as does Cusinart, Hamilton Beach, lots of brands out there. I picked up a new mixer last week for myself....problem was it was on sale, no packaging..it was the display model and no instructions, it was a model from Italy that I didn't know anything about. There was no warranty... I took it back after a few days..it was just not suitable or sturdy after I took a good look at it.

Go with a reputable company and store and make sure you can get replacement parts and that is is not an obsolete model. Get a good warranty.

if you want something for chopping I found an inexpensive mini chopper is small, easy to clean and is handier than the big bulky food processors.

also a good blender will do the chopping thing well too and you can use it for blending up solids and mixing drinks/smoothies, etc.
 Belle Requin
Msg: 3
Food processor/mixer/blender question
Posted: 1/30/2010 11:20:06 AM
kitchen aid and cuisinart stand mixers cost an arm and a leg, but I think you can do all of the above (you just need to buy the right attachments.) Don't have one, don't know how dishwasher safe. But everything that gets dirty of my three (mixer, processor,blender) goes in the dishwasher just fine.

I use each of mine on average 4-5x a week.
 arwen52
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2010 8:39:37 AM
Blenders, food processors, and mixers perform different functions. Which do you use most often in your kitchen? As for putting in the dishwasher - parts of them can go in but not the part that holds the motor.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2010 10:31:29 AM
I mentioned before an inexpensive chopper works instead of a full blown food processor...well I too love my hand held immersion blender, it has the enclosed cup attachment that I can use chop small quantities.
otherwise I use it all the time for my soups too.

It's the Braun hand-held blender, its damn easy to clean now that the lower blade part detaches for easy cleanup.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Food processor/mixer/blender question