Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > i always go for ladies with children      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KarmicEvolution
Msg: 2
view profile
History
i always go for ladies with childrenPage 1 of 1    
Advice on? Changing who you want to date? Not being a geek? Not having kids?
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 4
i always go for ladies with children
Posted: 2/1/2010 10:12:37 AM
You just haven't found the right person. Having kids or not having children, being a geek or not, are characteristics that are just personal. There will be the right person out there whom you will be attracted to and will be attracted to you in return. Be yourself and keep fishing til you "catch" the right fish.

Nutt
 reboot1010
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2010 12:34:37 PM
Embrace your geekiness and never "change" for someone else. That "change" will be as fleeting as a tholian web.

From one geek to another.
 Mr.Clean18
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/1/2010 2:28:13 PM
^^yeah man,what he said.OWEN IT.Lots of hot ladies like talkin to geeks cause they just love the brain you got.So flex your mind all you can and spread it around some.
 ElenaSemprini
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/1/2010 6:23:17 PM
Maybe stop trying so hard. That can come across as desperate which isn't attractive.

I agree with the guy above me, why does it have to be women with children? What's wrong with single women?

Being ONLY attracted to women with children can come across like you're more interested in the kids than the woman. And that's going to raise some alarm bells.
 SlingDad
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/1/2010 9:48:31 PM
Being 'of the age' where most of your prospective partners have kids is one thing, seeking them out because they have kids is another.

Seek out the person that's your match. Period. Eliminating chicas without kids is kinda strange.
 itsallinthesoul
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/2/2010 5:59:44 AM
Potters, you are who you are and there is only one person you should ever change for and that is you.

If you are able to get a date, I don't think the "I'm a geek" thing really matters. Intelligence can be a very sex thing. Not every man has to look like he stepped right out of the pages of GQ magazine to snag a woman simply because not all women want that kind of man. Sit in public sometime and watch the couples go by and you will see that anyone can find someone if one sets their sights within reason.

As for the "it is like I am attracted to them" part in reference to their status as a single mom....as you can see, there is a natural tendency for parents to be suspicious of any man who loves children and seeks out women with children to date. I'm going to actually ask the question: Do you know they are single moms when you approach them or is it something you find out later and do a "here I go again" thing. Single parents in general do have some attributes that are more pronounced in them that in those without children and perhaps that is the attraction you feel towards them.

If however, you have ever felt tendencies towards children that you couldn't openly talk about without fear of being killed by a mob of parents, please seek out some professional help and stay away from children totally.
 n0odles
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2010 6:58:55 AM
Geek Chic is soo now (I hope)
 techgirl27
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2010 8:53:19 AM
Personally, I love the younger geeks! I hope to meet up with one.
BTW, I lived in the UK in my 20's, so I understand the dynamic you're talking about.
I have kiddos too (British born actually), but am back in the States now.
 crazy_funny
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/3/2010 5:32:23 PM
first of all im a single mom and i think looks dont matter. i will love a person even if he or she is a geek. y do people always go for looks. its a good thing to b a geek smarts is ok as well its not all about looks i think. and no im not a geek. i just dont really care about looks.
 daydreamin_honey
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/5/2010 8:43:56 PM
1) your attraction to moms might be your seeking an obvious sign of maturity, not always a bad thing.
2) why would you want to stop being a geek? some of us geeky ladies need like companions! who else is going to proudly stick by us in full costume at conventions?! lol
3) as for having no kids of your own, well that's just because you haven't settled down yet, it will come with time, definately not something you want to rush into or you'll be a) a single dad on here looking for a lady who likes guys with kids or b) tied to a woman you're no longer with because you had a child together.

Don't change who you are, I don't hear anything that needs to be changed. You just havn't found the right lady for you yet is all. Being happy and confident is the most important thing, so embrace your geekiness and be proud.
 She
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/5/2010 10:10:31 PM
Actually, a lot of chicks dig geeks.
 Serotonin.xo
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/6/2010 12:41:22 AM
im a mom , and i like geeks =) haha
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > i always go for ladies with children