Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > coconut latte      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Molly Maude
Msg: 2
view profile
History
coconut lattePage 1 of 1    
the canned coconut milk (product of Thailand) that I have in my cupboard indicates 1/4 cup is a "serving size" and 1/4 cup contains 120 calories, 110 calories of which are from fat ...

whereas a cup of skimmed milk has 90 calories and NO fat ...

BUT ... since I'm ALLERGIC to the milk proteins, I'm VERY interested! AND the cream that I frequently substitute when I need a milk-like product has 50 calories per tablespoon, 50 of which are fat!!!

so ... when you made your drinks ... did you just substitute the coconut milk for the cows' milk?? or was there another step ...

I've tried rice milk, almond milk, soy milk, etc., etc. ...

where did you get it raw? coconuts don't grow around here ...

thanks for your post ... I'll try the canned coconut milk I have and see how that goes!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 4
view profile
History
coconut latte
Posted: 2/5/2010 4:05:04 PM
thanks for the response ... I THOT the canned coconut milk mite be really too thick for lattes! but didn't know ... so ... what I'm looking for is FRESH coconut milk ... possibly from Turtle Mountain ...

you're so lucky to be living where natural and healthful foods are so easily obtained ... I live in the heart of California ... the central San Joaquin Valley ... between Bakersfield and Fresno ... and it's very difficult to find ANYTHING like that here ...

I LOVE Turtle Mountain products ... and went to a "health food store" and ASKED them to carry a small amount of Turtle Mountain products ... as a trial, just to see if the products would sell ... they refused ... so I offered to BUY a certain percentage ... but they refused saying they only bot products THEY liked and they hadn't tried Turtle Mountain and had no interest in doing so ...

sigh. I guess I need to buy and run my own store!
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > coconut latte